• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► By Any Other Name [AxeLarxene one-shot]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
"It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure."

Those were some of the first words Larxene spoke as Nobody. Axel should know, seeing as how he was there, when she was first found in the Darkness. Recruiting for the Organization was getting more interesting by the minute, he had thought, looking down at the sly smile on her upturned face. Someone to definitely watch out for, but then again, wasn’t that practically a requirement for people in this damn Organization?

“Did that just come outta nowhere?” he had asked her with raised eyebrows. Like you? It should be Nowhere.

“Something I read,” she’d answered dismissively, though he could see the slight crease of her brows as she grappled with memories that she now knew weren’t hers. They had arrived at Castle Oblivion by now via Dark Corridor, and he had already given her the rundown, how she was an empty shell, her name wasn’t Arlene, she could hook up with their nifty little Organization and get a heart, blah blah freaking blah. He’d had the whole damn speech memorized by now, seeing as how she was number XII.

Yes, Axel had found her. Axel the manipulator, Axel the pyro, Axel, The Flurry of Dancing Flames. And that was the thing….

He’d found her: protocol said he had to give the new Nobody her title.

From the moment Larxene had first smirked at him, Axel knew that some simple, obvious title wasn’t going to cut it. Not something as boring as what Xaldin had, or as pathetic as what Zexion had. Honestly, the Cloaked Schemer? How lame. Zexion tried too hard to be mysterious and intimidating.

It took him a little while to think of something.

The first idea had come to him when they had fought in the traditional battle, meant to test her skills and identify her element and weapons.

As soon as she had come at him, whirling and slashing, her kunai held like claws, her eyes so full of malicious laughter, he had immediately thought: Savage. Hers was a wild, dangerous grace, and no one, nonexistent or otherwise, would ever change that.

She was the kind of person who hurt on a whim, who delighted in cruelty, free of shame. Sadistic. Savage. Watch out for her.

Despite this, or maybe because of it, there was no denying that she was attractive.

Though maybe Axel’s view was a bit biased, since she was the first girl to ever join the Organization and he’d been around nothing but guys way too long.

Either way….

When he’d gone to go find her, she’d been in the library, browsing the crammed bookshelves, gloved hand holding up her chin with on oddly thoughtful look on her youthful face. Axel hadn’t pegged her for the intellectual type, but there she was, running her fingers along bookbindings with an obviously pleased expression.

“Hey there Heartless-Hair,” he greeted, smirking slightly as he anticipated the reaction his unofficial title for her would cause. It was true that those two strands of blonde hair reminded him of a Shadow.

He wasn’t disappointed. Larxene turned toward him, her full lips slowly forming the mocking trace of a smile. She closed the distance between them, head tipped back playfully.

“You know so much about hair, Axel? Is that why yours looks like a hedgehog died on top of your head?” She laughed oh-so-innocently, fingering a spike of his red hair before walking by, leaving him surprised into silence.

Larxene paused momentarily and looked over her shoulder, her grin wide and wicked. “You’re pretty cute, for all that.”

Axel shook his head, adding another new piece of information on the enigma that was the twelfth member. “Hey, Larxene?”

“Yeah?” she asked, pausing again.

“Welcome to the Organization, Twelve … The Savage Nymph.”

Those electric-blue eyes were as sharp as her kunai even when her smile softened. Her thunder-yellow hair seemed to glow in contrast to the white walls, outlining her slender black-cloaked form. A nymph.

She dramatically placed one hand over her empty heart and titled her head, the picture of wickedness and purity all at once.

“I’m so flattered. You made that all up for me?” With one last giggle, Larxene blew him a kiss and disappeared into a dark portal.

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
THIS, my children, is what we call perfection.

You know my views, Amme. :3

CoM just screamed Larxel, and you know this just roused my Larxel spirit even more. -pats Helix- You think this would give him a sense of pride in his parents.

"I feel only disgust."

Cheer up, emo kid. =D

I

The Show Must Go On
It was pretty good, I must say. Do you have any more Larxel hidden somewhere?

Haku

<3
That story was so awesome great choice in words and discriptions!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Awesome! :D

You know, you should close this thread-
You'll be begged to make it a fic xD

The only thing that bothered me was the Zexion comment.
Although true, it just felt outta place... o.o

Anyway, as always, amazing =D
Of course, your descriptions were incredible, and your larxel interaction was very true to the game.

(And please- not as well known? Your name's on two stickied threads in this section xP)

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Awesome! :D

You know, you should close this thread-
You'll be begged to make it a fic xD

Nu! That's how I got roped into making Sparks a full-time Larxel fic! xD Though I didn't have to close the thread- I just got so many reviews on FF.net asking me ... I'm really a sucker when it comes to writing. But hey, Sparks was among the first real Larxel fics on FF.net, and it seemed to spawn a sudden interest in the pairing, so no regrets. =D

~Lenya~ said:
Wow!!Your grammar is great,Im sure you get a 100% on your essays,this is really good stuff.^_^ :thumbsup:

Close. I believe I got a 99 on my midterm essay. No hundreds as of yet, but wouldn't that be nice?

I'm sooo glad so many people have read and enjoyed. <3 Share in the Larxel love.

Larxel > AkuRoku.

HA.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I know... I was kinda referring to Sparks... >.>
(I read it! I just don't think I ever responded to it... o_O)

I HATE when I get 99s.... would it kill them to just give you that one last point? T.T

Aqua

This is a great story. I could see this actually being the way Axel and Larxene met. It would be nice to read more (if you want to continue it).

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
No, this is not spam :\
It is just a story a one-piece story (and how is this a waste of a thread?)

...and-

HA! I TOLD YA SO GoH!!! XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back