• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can any reconstructed somebody time travel?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Is time travel limited to those who were at one point existences of the heart or can a reconstructed somebody also time travel since they were once a heartless? Are the reconstructed former members of Organization XIII capable of time travel or is it only available to those such as Sora, Riku, and Xehanort?

JustSnilloc

it certainly seems possible, Ansem SoD passed the ability on to YMX... There may be limits on this however

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
As JustSnilloc said, time-traveling powers can be borrowed from someone with the ability (although the technicalities of "borrowing" are unknown at the moment). However, it's fair to assume that the powers can be lost as a result of rejoining a body. Otherwise, XH would not have needed YMX's help to time travel.

Awards
Just when I thought I understood how time travel works in this game.... Wasn't pre-Riku Ansem SOD the portal that all the other Xehanorts used to time travel or was he just there so YMX, post-Riku Ansem SOD, and Xemnas could enter the RoS with Sora and Rku?

Theta

I think the only qualifications are for one to toss the physical body at some point in time, even if you get a new one right after it.
— What about Xemnas and Ansem, essentially they weren’t inside anyone, was it due to circumstances of the worlds of sleep?

Nomura: First off, when Young Xehanort made contact with the Brown Robed Figure, that is to say, the Xehanort who called himself Ansem, his abilities were transferred to him. As a result of Master Xehanort tossing his physical body, he was able to exceed time, and this power was carried into the Brown Robed Figure. Thus when Young Xehanort made contact with him, he gained this power. Possessing this power. Young Xehanort functioned as a “portal”, summoning Xemnas and Ansem each time they appeared. That’s why Young Xehanort was there whenever they appeared. Additionally, when Sora and Riku dropped into the worlds of sleep, simultaneously Young Xehanort himself goes into the world of sleep.

This does suggest that somebodies can time travel, but only if they willingly gave up their body. The recompleted Master Xehanort should be able to time travel, but members such as Xigbar should not.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I suppose you could say that time travel is similar to having a dream. You leave your body, and your heart/mind move through time. You can only move one way, and can only go to times in which some version of you is active. You cannot change what has been destined to occur. Also, apparently there is a certain amount of time you can spend outside of your body. When this alotted time is over, your heart returns to your body at the exact moment it left. The memories are forgotten. But, the future engraves that destiny in your heart, leading you to become that future. This feeling of destiny can be associated with deja vu.

YX even mentioned deja vu to Sora in his sleep. He was referring to destiny, and how it feels like it.

If you pay attention to these rules, it seems anyone with a heart can travel through time. All you must do is concentrate, and leave your body behind. For beings of just the Heart, it is easier, for the body has already been discarded. It is just the Heart/Mind that moves through time. This means all the members gathered through time are floating hearts.

However, when you do travel, you create a Time-body, a PPS made to give the heart a physical form. This Time-body takes on the shape of the body you discarded to travel through time.

All the members gathered in WNG dissappear at the end, including the ones who should exist in the present. It appears that they all are returning to their times. For those in the present, this could be just a day or so before. What this means, is that the only real bodies in the room are Sora, Riku, and Mickey (until Lea, Donald, and Goofy arrive).

An interesting observation: MX dissappears along with everyone else in the room, meaning he traveled back to his time as well. Him "forming" was merely him arriving at that place in time.

The time he returns to is when he reformed (for real) in Radiant Garden, along with Braig, Isa, and some form of Terra. All of these return to this moment, and leave before Lea, Aeleus, and Ienzo come to. They were all able to travel to WNG through time, including Braig and Isa. Meaning, anyone can travel through time. They just have to have their heart leave their body at some point in their life.

What this means is, Sora, Riku and Kairi can probably do this as well. All they need to do is learn how, like ASoD told YX how.

Time travel won't help the Lights prevent what has happened, however, because they cannot change what is destined. They should, though, also be able to gather people through time. Like Roxas, Xion, Naminé, etc.

So, what do you think?

Awards
I know I’m kind of going off topic in my own thread, but I want to make sure that I have the plot to DDD straight:
1) The most present Xehanort goes back in time and informs the Robed Figure that he needs to inform YMX how and where to pick up the 11 of 13 darknesses that need to be plucked from the past.
2)The Robed Figure goes into the past and repeats to YMX what the present MX told him. Because the Robed Figure went back in time and has no body available to return to, he must wait on the Destiny Islands with the natural flow of time for the events of KH1 to take place. (I think I may be wrong about that.)
3) The Robed Figure waits at the entrance to the ROS as the Islands fall into darkness allowing YMX, who has returned with post-Riku Ansem SOD and Xemnas, to enter the ROS.
4) Those 3 manipulate Sora and Riku throughout their journey in hopes to turn one of them into the 13th darkness.
5)All of the Darknesses are brought to the present (even the ones who exist in the present anyway).
6)Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Lea save Sora, and the 12/13 Darknesses run out of time.
Thanks for your help. I hope I’m not extremely far off!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I know I’m kind of going off topic in my own thread, but I want to make sure that I have the plot to DDD straight:
1) The most present Xehanort goes back in time and informs the Robed Figure that he needs to inform YMX how and where to pick up the 11 of 13 darknesses that need to be plucked from the past.
2)The Robed Figure goes into the past and repeats to YMX what the present MX told him. Because the Robed Figure went back in time and has no body available to return to, he must wait on the Destiny Islands with the natural flow of time for the events of KH1 to take place. (I think I may be wrong about that.)
3) The Robed Figure waits at the entrance to the ROS as the Islands fall into darkness allowing YMX, who has returned with post-Riku Ansem SOD and Xemnas, to enter the ROS.
4) Those 3 manipulate Sora and Riku throughout their journey in hopes to turn one of them into the 13th darkness.
5)All of the Darknesses are brought to the present (even the ones who exist in the present anyway).
6)Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Lea save Sora, and the 12/13 Darknesses run out of time.
Thanks for your help. I hope I’m not extremely far off!

This sounds about right to me. Of course, we don't know if MX himself told ASoD to time-travel. It makes sense, though. Otherwise, how would he know that Vessels were needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back