• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chances Of KH 1.5/2.5 On PSN?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasta

Awards
They still held the rights to the original game and its assets. Since KH1.5 is generally the same game, I don't see why they couldn't redistribute it without any sort of legal consultation.

MizuMikomi

Awards
Re: Chances Of KH 1.5/2.5 On Psn?

No Kingdom Hearts game has ever been available digitally, so I'm going to say 1%
Actually, you're wrong. Around the time of Kingdom Hearts 3D's Japanese release, it was advertised as being available on the eShop for purchase. I can tell you that I saw it many times when I went to the eShop on my Japanese 3DS. However, not many seemed to go for this option, but it was there for a time and it did yield the results of a digital copy of the title.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They still held the rights to the original game and its assets. Since KH1.5 is generally the same game, I don't see why they couldn't redistribute it without any sort of legal consultation.

They still had to ask for permission. They even made deals with the estate about showing video and content from the Tarzan part of the game. Before launch, no reviewer was allowed to record or show off Deep Jungle because of an agreement they made with the estate, so they have been in talks with them over this game.

They had to get permission anyways since it was a rerelease on a new system. This is why they are specifically mentioned in the opening menu of KH1FM.

Shasta

Awards
They still had to ask for permission. They even made deals with the estate about showing video and content from the Tarzan part of the game. Before launch, no reviewer was allowed to record or show off Deep Jungle because of an agreement they made with the estate, so they have been in talks with them over this game.

They had to get permission anyways since it was a rerelease on a new system. This is why they are specifically mentioned in the opening menu of KH1FM.
Alright, I wasn't aware of that.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Not sure how much it adds to the conversation but:

Posted on 11 September, 2013 at 3:14 pm by legionari

No.. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX on the store..?

• Posted on 11 September, 2013 at 3:42 pm by Jawad Ashraf

No, that’s available at retail only at the moment.

PlayStation Store update: Puppeteer, Kickbeat, FIFA/PES demos, more – PlayStation.Blog.Europe
Keyword(s). At the moment.

But even so, why would it have any problems whatsoever going digital? Square already has all the copyrights they need to release it o the PS3 console in physical form, why would it need anything else to go digital if it's the same console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back