• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Characters?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
That's being very stereotypical, shadowred3.

I would rather see Sora and Naminé together, just because it seems more real, for all that the relationship is memories she implanted.

I do not at all hate Kairi. There's not enough there to either hate or love. I think she could have been better, but she could have been worse.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
sora namine fans want sora and namine to be together because they all hate kairi.

Hating Kairi would drive most people to be into SoRiku. Hating one character doesn't make one yes like other things.
Disliking Kairi would lead to disliking SoKai, not to search alternatives for Sora where they didn't exist.
Alternatively, yes liking one thing (SoNami) doesn't stop you from liking other things (SoSelphie <3 SoRiku o,o).

It's like something someone said - they support Xion/Riku because it pulls two hated characters together and away from AkuRoku.
Don't compare me to that.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, that's sad. If they're real AkuRoku fans, they wouldn't let any character shake their belief in AkuRoku. Same goes for any pairing, really, including SoNami.

I highly doubt you'll ever stop loving SoNami, and hating SoKai.

Ya. It's like, people tell me I hate Kairi because she can break up SoRiku.

1) Pfft. That's saying she can! (unshakeable belief in what I believe in)
2) Mmhm, and seeing how Sora and Repliku were about to kill each other over Naminé made me hate her guts so badly when...? (showing I need a better reason to hate a character than them possibly being acquinted with one or two members of my fav pairing)

the sad thing is that I started by kind of liking Kairi's tomboyish nature and amusing myself with SoKai.

Then Kairi told Sora to take the raft and go without Riku and I longed for Sora to push her off the peer for being a bitch towards someone that should've been her best friend.
I'm sorry, I have friends I've known for as long as Kairi knew Riku, and I've never, ever had anyone in my group joke like that. Ever. Not even the ones with crushes.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Ya. It's like, people tell me I hate Kairi because she can break up SoRiku.

1) Pfft. That's saying she can! (unshakeable belief in what I believe in)
2) Mmhm, and seeing how Sora and Repliku were about to kill each other over Naminé made me hate her guts so badly when...? (showing I need a better reason to hate a character than them possibly being acquinted with one or two members of my fav pairing)

the sad thing is that I started by kind of liking Kairi's tomboyish nature and amusing myself with SoKai.

Then Kairi told Sora to take the raft and go without Riku and I longed for Sora to push her off the peer for being a bitch towards someone that should've been her best friend.
I'm sorry, I have friends I've known for as long as Kairi knew Riku, and I've never, ever had anyone in my group joke like that. Ever. Not even the ones with crushes.

LOL, I never even knew you liked SoRiku till lately. :D Not that I would have cared.

I did like Kairi, in the beginning, and all through KH I thought that SoKai was the canon. But then I played KH2, and I was like 'hello, wow, Kairi, you have no depth, and I like SoRiku much more than I could ever like SoKai'.

I would never say something like that to a friend about another friend. I mean, I can be pretty callous and mean sometimes, but I wouldn't ever want to leave my friend behind, no matter what. I'd have more fun with them there.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
LOL, I never even knew you liked SoRiku till lately. :D Not that I would have cared.

Not liking SoRiku is sad, be it in a romantic light or simply friendship. It's only the relationship the story is based on thus far, after all >_>

I did like Kairi, in the beginning, and all through KH I thought that SoKai was the canon.

But it has so much plot to it :I
he saw visions of her because he had her Heart in him, not because he missed her or whatever (well, he did, no doubt, but he missed Riku but didn't see flashes of him, right?)

But then I played KH2, and I was like 'hello, wow, Kairi, you have no depth, and I like SoRiku much more than I could ever like SoKai'.

Kairi having no depth is besides the point of SoRiku being amazing.

I would never say something like that to a friend about another friend. I mean, I can be pretty callous and mean sometimes, but I wouldn't ever want to leave my friend behind, no matter what. I'd have more fun with them there.

My point exactly. and then she joggled from saying Riku was lost forever (despite five minutes prior declaring she'd never let Sora leave her), and then shrugging Riku being possessed as he can take care of himself.
Keep your "she was just trying to cheer him up!" to yourselves, Kairi lovers; I call shenanigans.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Not liking SoRiku is sad, be it in a romantic light or simply friendship. It's only the relationship the story is based on thus far, after all >_>

Some people don't see it that way, unfortunately, as I'm sure you know.

But it has so much plot to it :I
he saw visions of her because he had her Heart in him, not because he missed her or whatever (well, he did, no doubt, but he missed Riku but didn't see flashes of him, right?)

At the time, I didn't exactly know that Kairi's heart was inside him. I just thought he was a hormonal 14 year old who had a crush on his best friend. *shrug*

Kairi having no depth is besides the point of SoRiku being amazing.

Yes, but Kairi having no depth is why I don't like SoKai. I never really meant to link SoRiku and Kairi having no depth together. I like SoRiku for more than just Kairi being worthless.

My point exactly. and then she joggled from saying Riku was lost forever (despite five minutes prior declaring she'd never let Sora leave her), and then shrugging Riku being possessed as he can take care of himself.
Keep your "she was just trying to cheer him up!" to yourselves, Kairi lovers; I call shenanigans.

Kairi was only interested in Sora, which is kinda sweet at the same time that it's really creepy, because, seriously, Riku went through a lot during KH1 to retrieve her body, though he might have also been doing it to compete and show up Sora. But I'm sure that he cared about Kairi in some way, just like Sora did. I'm not a Kairi lover by any means. I'm just not a hater. Can't hate what's not there, really.

Muse

you look atrocious
I prefer SoNami to SoKai because SoKai seems forced to me. SoNami just flows more easily.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Some people don't see it that way, unfortunately, as I'm sure you know.

I know. But when two of my closest male friends tell me to keep SoRiku away because they like the friendship too much, I respect that, and know that anyone who dislikes SoRiku is most likely a homophobe prick who never had a real friend in his life.
*stops being extreme now*

At the time, I didn't exactly know that Kairi's heart was inside him. I just thought he was a hormonal 14 year old who had a crush on his best friend. *shrug*

I knew about the best friend part, but then again it raises the question of
1) why didn't he see Riku either
2) why didn't he see Kairi since
And while not knowing initially, you do know eventually, and it throws it all under a completely different light.
Sora might've cared, but that's not why he saw visions of her - it was because she made him. he had no control over it.

Yes, but Kairi having no depth is why I don't like SoKai. I never really meant to link SoRiku and Kairi having no depth together. I like SoRiku for more than just Kairi being worthless.

And I never said that should be the case.
It certainly helps though. I mean, look at me liking SoNami more than I do SoRiku - I like both, which means I could've like SoKai regardless of SoRiku.
Kairi sucking and thus SoKai as well, at least for KH1, left a lot of people with no option but SoRiku to like and fan over (it being an amazing relationship aside - there were no alternatives, as opposed to when Namine was introduced for both Sora and Riku as a potential partner).

Kairi was only interested in Sora, which is kinda sweet at the same time that it's really creepy, because, seriously, Riku went through a lot during KH1 to retrieve her body, though he might have also been doing it to compete and show up Sora. But I'm sure that he cared about Kairi in some way, just like Sora did.

Riku is a completely affectionate guy :I Kairi being Kairi and rolling her eyes at him is what wrecked what might've been there.

I'm not a Kairi lover by any means. I'm just not a hater. Can't hate what's not there, really.

what's not there is the good in her. her being a bitch to Riku is more than based though, and that's what got me from being like you to actively hate her.

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
axecrazyyandere.tumblr.com
Kairi just seemed to kind of... lead Sora on to thinking that she did like him.
Namine, however, was different.
She was more truthful because of her lack of friends, and the fact that she was kind of... I guess afraid of being rejected.

Not to mention, Namine is adorable and innocent, meanwhile Kairi wants everything to be about her.
=)

And though, I am also a fan of Namiku, I'm beginning to like Riku/Xion better now.

Lifes.Lover

Website
I know. But when two of my closest male friends tell me to keep SoRiku away because they like the friendship too much, I respect that, and know that anyone who dislikes SoRiku is most likely a homophobe prick who never had a real friend in his life.
*stops being extreme now*

I agree with you. I have one male friend who likes KH, and likes SoKai, and I know not to get into debates with him about it, 'cuz I know it'll end badly. He's kinda extreme. At least he sees where I come from in liking SoRiku, though. And the only reason I pair them as more than friends is because I'm not entirely sure that Sora isn't at least bisexual, and Riku is... well, Riku.

I knew about the best friend part, but then again it raises the question of
1) why didn't he see Riku either
2) why didn't he see Kairi since
And while not knowing initially, you do know eventually, and it throws it all under a completely different light.
Sora might've cared, but that's not why he saw visions of her - it was because she made him. he had no control over it.
Yeah, but I never really initially think the first or second time playing through. It's only after that that I look for the nuances in the plot, to be honest.

And I never said that should be the case.
It certainly helps though. I mean, look at me liking SoNami more than I do SoRiku - I like both, which means I could've like SoKai regardless of SoRiku.
Kairi sucking and thus SoKai as well, at least for KH1, left a lot of people with no option but SoRiku to like and fan over (it being an amazing relationship aside - there were no alternatives, as opposed to when Namine was introduced for both Sora and Riku as a potential partner).

Okay, it kinda sounded a little bit that you thought that was the only reason why I liked SoRiku. I'm into more than one pairing in some cases, like with Sora, though I'm really into him being paired with no one. There's only one pairing that I really don't like seeing with others, and I don't even know why.

Riku is a completely affectionate guy :I Kairi being Kairi and rolling her eyes at him is what wrecked what might've been there.

Riku was a good friend, so I still don't understand why the writers would be so stupid as to have the 'pure hearted' Kairi be so cruel to him.

what's not there is the good in her. her being a bitch to Riku is more than based though, and that's what got me from being like you to actively hate her.

Well, actually, I don't really remember any actual scenes beyond the one in the beginning about taking the raft and leaving with Sora where she's mean to Riku, be it actually by talking behind his back to Sora, or actually saying it to him. My memories kinda fuzzy.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not entirely sure that Sora isn't at least bisexual, and Riku is... well, Riku.

I'm still waiting for that mystery quote from Nomura about Sora being bi XD

Yeah, but I never really initially think the first or second time playing through. It's only after that that I look for the nuances in the plot, to be honest.

Well, seeing how DI never really based even Sora and Kairi to be that specifically close, it clicked right in for me when I heard he had her Heart in her. Made me gag to boot, too.

Okay, it kinda sounded a little bit that you thought that was the only reason why I liked SoRiku.

Perish the thought.

Riku was a good friend, so I still don't understand why the writers would be so stupid as to have the 'pure hearted' Kairi be so cruel to him.

Because they're stupid.

Well, actually, I don't really remember any actual scenes beyond the one in the beginning about taking the raft and leaving with Sora where she's mean to Riku, be it actually by talking behind his back to Sora, or actually saying it to him. My memories kinda fuzzy.

Headed out of the Final Rest (namely, Riku's as possessed as it gets) and had lil' Miss Wonder say this -

lv33.jpg

A

Azrael

Don't forget Sorette or SoYuffie!

Anyways I like SoNami because it was well written compared to SoKai

Lifes.Lover

Website
I'm still waiting for that mystery quote from Nomura about Sora being bi XD

Me, too. I guess we'll have to settle for the hints and practically bludgeoned screams of 'he's bi!', till then, though I doubt it'll ever happen. A lot of people wouldn't like it, probably. D:

Well, seeing how DI never really based even Sora and Kairi to be that specifically close, it clicked right in for me when I heard he had her Heart in her. Made me gag to boot, too.

I'm gonna have to go back and replay this game, aren't I?

Perish the thought.

Has been perished.

Because they're stupid.

They must be.

Headed out of the Final Rest (namely, Riku's as possessed as it gets) and had lil' Miss Wonder say this -

lv33.jpg

Oh, good God, I don't think I ever saw that. I don't think I took the time to actually talk to them, or read any of their responses during that time. I was more along the lines of 'MUST FINISH, MUST FINISH'.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Duh, it's Watanabe written.

Oh, good God, I don't think I ever saw that. I don't think I took the time to actually talk to them, or read any of their responses during that time. I was more along the lines of 'MUST FINISH, MUST FINISH'.

I had more than enough time to go over all those lines when I was replaying for the essay XD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's good that you at least did your research thoroughly when making the essay. :D I've heard of some that don't do nearly any of that.

Well, keep in mind that this isn't only one heck of an essay, it was originally a lecture I put up at an anime convention around here last March. I couldn't just hop on, say "Kairi sucks, lalala" and hope to get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back