• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CLASSIC [Multiplayer Edition] (Sign ups/OoC. CD-Max Collab)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Grrrr
Ok I just read all that and you know what...I'm going to type a post. Starting literally right now. On my Kindle. It'll be slow and I'll try to weed out the grammar errors, but it's hard with 100% touchscreen typing.

@Rox: There's absolutely nothing wrong with having to edit a post. This is a semi-established world we're playing in and if we need to ask before we take steps then there's no helping it.
I think the main thing you need practice on really is just the ability to step into your character's shoes. Become them and you only know what they do. If they were once a bartender they might really know how to tell a convincing story, or maybe they're skeptical of when other people tell them tales. A warrior may specialize in fighting, but unless they're a survivalist it's doubtful they know what herb cures an infection. My Iden is a thief, not a magician. Doubtless he even knows what magic looks like up close since he's been easily avoiding the law because your average guard doesn't wave a staff.
I have little right to criticize but I just wanted to see if maybe that description would help a bit?

I've got nothing else I need to do more so I want to add a bit to the story. Iden is currently in the castle, so I'd like to explore. ANY suggestions on what he might find there would be appreciated. And his character is a bit of a cautious loner type simply brcause he IS a thief. It doesn't mean he's not willing to trust, just that he will be reluctant to actually depend on others until much later. So for now I wanted to keep him separate, maybe give him a bird's-eye view of some things going on an observing rather than interacting.

It's more than time I posted. And I will do everything i can to create build-up to...whatever happens next really.

EDIT: I'm all read-up and posted! Sorry if there's really no real talking in it just yet. Iden's in a bit of a pickle. But I promise I'll be more frequent now. Also getting my computer back today, so that's good. I almost lost this post when my device died. Thank goodness for KHI post restoration.
Please let me know if I should use darker brown. If so I will change it when I get my computer back. Typing in 'copper' on my Kindle gives me a bright purple rather than my other color. Not even joking. And my colors are limited on this device, so that's the best I've got for now!

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Okay, so I edited out some stuff which to you guys is a lot. However I think after looking it over, I decided it would be easier for all of us that as of now unless anyone cross over to Pietro's side, he is currently alone with Rep and yep, he's out of it because of that rock. Mind you, it's a good solid rock. xD

Again, I apologize for all of this mess I've caused you, guys. I actually though about quitting everything altogether but after looking over my time in this corner that it wouldn't be fair of me to do so when I could learn so much. So thanks to Kat, I decided to keep going on but making sure that I don't ever overstep my bounds that is your characters right here in CLASSIC. :)

Plus, it helped to have some input from Chibi or Songbird as she goes by now when it comes to being the character you're supposed to be and not the other, so thanks!

Songbird

Grrrr
No problem, Rox. So long as you're willing to adapt to whatever constructive criticism we give you there's really room for nothing else other than improvement. First person is actually one of the hardest POV's to write from, and not for obvious reasons. It's easier to describe what the single character is feeling and thinking sure, but the biggest issue is figuring out just HOW it is they think and feel. That's why writing some sort of template for any character you make can be a big help. If you know where you're coming from and have an idea of where you're going, it doesn't necessarily make the in-between easier, but it can make a bit of a bridge for you to stand on.

That being said I think we all need to be giving the environments/settings a little bit more love. Honestly I have no idea what this place looks like and we aren't having much luck on getting a uniform identity. I do however appreciate Max's description of his settings quite a lot. I can easily see Flynn climbing the tower.

Wish I coulda made a longer post as well, but I think I've gone and done enough for that particular moment heheh ^_^

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
So I've been trying to get a post in all day but it just isn't coming out lol. I'll keep trying to write tonight a hopefully get something decent out soon. Sorry for the delay guys!

Roxie1563

Awards
So I've been trying to get a post in all day but it just isn't coming out lol. I'll keep trying to write tonight a hopefully get something decent out soon. Sorry for the delay guys!

It's no worries at all.

I'm sure you will make it more grand when you do post for us to read. :D After all, that's what you're good at.

Songbird

Grrrr
No problem man. I'm the one who is the sorriest for my lack of posts XD
But I've been paying close attention to the goings-on and keeping up to see if you guys are doin stuff so...it's all good!

Roxie1563

Awards
Okay I promise I'm going to sit down and post tomorrow lol

You mean this morning, don't you? XD but I'm looking forward to it.

On a side note, I got to watch Ant-Man on Blu-ray today! :D it was very enjoyable and probably will watch again until Civil War comes out to theaters.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The CLASSIC world calls
Many tales still need telling
Spewing from our heads

Roxie1563

Awards
The CLASSIC world calls
Many tales still need telling
Spewing from our heads

Max, you could totally pull it off as poet because you're all decked out with cool stuff. :D

On a note, I agree with you. We do need to get this back on high action since we're in a rut, lol.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Finally got around to posting. I might add more later on a different front, but I need to get ready for work and won't be back until midnight. I wanted to actually get something up before then, so there we go.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
^ Damn, did your post hit a few heart strings in me.

1. I never felt so bad in my life for taking a pixie, I mean faerie, goddamn it. lol. 2. Oh c'mon! Mary, don't let it end right there! 3. I like how this was set up in a brilliant way with the egg being the artifact.

Oh boy, I need to write up a post. *glances at my book* ...but maybe after one chapter then I swear to uh, write a post up... *skips away merrily* I may of had too much sugar again.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
KitKat said:
2. Oh c'mon! Mary, don't let it end right there!
Mary's just feeling angsty lol. I added that part so you had something to play off of. As for the spoiler, but is it really?!?!?!?!???!????

And don't worry about posting. Just take your time. :p

Songbird

Grrrr
I've been watching a livestream with Jirard the Completionist all day. He's giving away free Xenoblade game codes he got from Nintendo~ One of my friends invited me to watch because it's one of his favorite games, and I posted to Jirard about it. He actually gave me a shoutout by name in the stream and before I could hear it my wifi hiccuped and I totally missed it XD It's killing me and I hope he keeps the raws.

Will read tomorrow absolutely~

Roxie1563

Awards
Finally got around to posting. I might add more later on a different front, but I need to get ready for work and won't be back until midnight. I wanted to actually get something up before then, so there we go.

That was awesome! :D and I liked that twist, too.

Now I'll try to get one up tomorrow, so yeah. Oh, I like how you handled Rep and he totally loves children, so yay!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Two men write tonight
Metaphorical ass kicks
Procrastination

Roxie1563

Awards
That was good free form
five-seven-five for haikus
Haikus follow rules

Thanks!

Ah, I forgot about it. D: I'll be sure to come up with one next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back