• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Dreams Have a Meaning? Part II

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
What do you base this assertion on?

that there are still things that science can't explain ,yet there are many people who know it exist/feel it exist or whatever to say otherwise (for example ghosts/spirits/whatever people believe they are)

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
And whenever they get called to confirm it in a lab, the supernatural stuff suddenly vanishes.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
And whenever they get called to confirm it in a lab, the supernatural stuff suddenly vanishes.

how do you bring a ghost to a lab? wouldn't work, scientists actually have to go out of their labs and to where theres reported ghosts

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
And when the second and third team of licensed scientists get there..... nada.

heartofdreams

Where are you now?...I can't see your face anymore
sometimes when i have dreams, they always show me whats really bothering me or how i feel inside, like when i was having trouble finding a job.

at school i got picked on because of how curly my hair was, a few weeks ago i got it straightened for the first time and i feel great, and last night i dreamt i saw the girls who picked on me at school, and i just laught in their faces saying looks who got great hair now, ^_^ yeah that felt like a awesome dream to get back at those stupid pigs XD

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
well i've noticed that after i wake up i can kinda rememeber clips of my dreams.but its all fuzzy.but then sumtime later, not the same day, jut whenever, after just normal things happen, i'll think "i dreamt this" i could kinda remember a little but then i knew i deamt it.it was weird

Vanguard XIII

Sharing a dorm with Mama Luigi and Robotnik
Apparently, I've felt that in some dreams I've been to certain places I see in my dreams. And that's not even half of it. During the day, in some situations, I get an immense feeling of deja vu, like I've seen or heard exactly what's currently happening before. Some dreams have even given me inspiration; I see everything flash in front of me, and thanks to my photographic memory, I can show visually what I've seen with just paper and a pencil.

Could dreams be memory? Or is it something to a much greater extent?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Could dreams be memory? Or is it something to a much greater extent?

They are more about what you have thought throughout the day than anything else. Deja Vu usually just means that an event or place has stirred the same feelings as something in one of your dreams or past experiences have before.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I had this one dream twice but some things had been changed the second time. In the first I was at home and this black guy was there. (keep in mind I am black, so I am not racist) I don't know if he was my mom's boyfriend or what. Well, I ran into my room and he was following me. I took out a white pistol and shot him. Then I grabbed the stuff that I already had prepared to run with and escaped through the sewer vent in the hallway. I ended up making it to a swamp. Once there I started to converse with talking frogs. I can't remember what happened next. The next time I had the dream the man was white and the gun was black. After I shot him I fled in the sewer. But, this time I went to Las Vegas and I became a prostitute.

Another dream I had was based off a book I had read called "Shade's Children" by Garth Nix. I was like a soldier and the world was literally divided in half. It was my job to keep the normal side of the world from turning into the world that was in the book. I ran into this house that was on the border line, the house was divided half and half. I had to keep hiding and dodging the machines and monsters all in search of this one guy I had to kill. Well, my mom was shot in the head and the hole was huge. She was bleeding profusely and I was so afraid. She told me to go on and not worry about her. I got out of the house on the wrong side and then I woke up.

I also had this other dream where my friend and I had just got off the bus from a field trip about six blocks away from my house. My friend and I started walking down the blocks meeting all kind of opposition along the way. There were spiders, dogs, thorns, evil plants, anything that is imaginable trying to stop us from reaching our goal. As we went a long it became increasingly harder for me to keep up with my friend. She told me to keep going, but I could tell she wasn't going to wait. It started to get real bad, all these big and small bugs were falling on us, dogs (pit bulls, rotwielers, you name it) were chasing us. We started running and as we neared the end of that block in front of a house that had cactus and various other plants in the yard to make it look like a jungle, there was this spider web. The web was as clear as glass but acted as jell-o. In the center was this spider, and my friend wasn't waiting for me. I don't know what would've happened because I woke up. But, I remember being very afraid and feeling all alone. That girl in my dream I don't know her in real life, so it wasn't like one of my friends leaving me behind. I don't think we made it because all these thorns, bugs, and animal were about to crash on us. And, no matter what I do I don't think I could've crossed that web.

The point is, I've been reading the other posts and you guys said something about dreaming about your fear. (I can't remember who said it) I fear bugs, dogs, and the unknown. But, I can't help but think that it all could've meant something more. And, who could I hate so much in real life that I would kill the person with a pistol? Why as I believe was it two different people? And what would the gun color and the ending of the dream be significant or not? After the dream when my mother was shot, I was afraid that she would get seriously hurt. Keep in mind I was ten back then. Why would I dream something that terrible?:confused:

I

The Show Must Go On
I guess they might, and it's fairly creepy when you go and have wierd deja vu... I normally don't remember my dreams, but if I walk past something or say something, the memories just come back...

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
I usually get sleep paralysis while dreaming. Anyone else gets them?

Heartless Hunter

Not sure about sleep paralysis, but has anyone experienced sleep walking? I wonder, which is more common... Anyway, if anyone is a neuroscience or psychology major on this thread can you speak up? I'm interested in these kinds of things, as well as the broad field of neuroscience that this thread falls under.

We've had plenty of first hand paranormal dream experiences, but I think people should hear from people who have a strong knowledge on this subject. ^_^

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
We've had plenty of first hand paranormal dream experiences, but I think people should hear from people who have a strong knowledge on this subject. ^_^

Paranormal=dreams with meanings beyond face value

Like I said, there are no such things as "paranormal" dreams. They are representations of thoughts and feelings.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Dreams are nothing but your own subconcious presenting itself with images. It literally is all in your head. You can't find anything out in your dreams, you already know everything being shown to you. You only possible way you could "find out" something is if it is a repressed memory, or is you're very forgetful.

luminitrium

Website
luminitrium.livejournal.com
They could have a meaning if it has showed you an object or person--continiously--that you have been obsessed/have a close relation to. What meaning is this? That either your always thinking about it all the time or you are just very attached to whatever it is.

Master Hearts

I always have dreams of tornadoes, usually in a parking lot of some kind. But my most recent dream of a tornado was different.

In this dream, I was in my English class at school, and I looked out the window, I saw a brown sky and a huge tornado was coming straight to the school. I was confused because there had been no alarm, and everyone around be was acting as though it was just another day. I was frantic, running from one side of the room to another, constantly looking back at what I thought would be certain death. I hid underneath a table. And after a few seconds, I got up to look out the window. The tornado was in front of the building, slowly dying, but still rotation.

It was an interesting dream. Once I even looked up what it meant to dream of tornadoes, it said something about a "storm of emotions". I guess that kinda makes sense.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Sleep paralysis are freaky. But I've gotten use to them. I experience them almost on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back