• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Phoenix vs. Sun-Dive Superman: Battle of da Century!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sun-Dive Superman...or Dark Phoenix?

• Supermans, fo shizzle

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Dark Phoenix, 'cause she pwnz =D

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Marvel's magic is differant to DC's (JLA/Avengers crossover.). Scarlet Witch barely managed to control it, I think.

I can't remember how Scarlet Witch's magic works, but I know Superman has managed to hand Captain Marvel his ass on occasion.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
wiki said:
While in the DC Universe, she displayed the ability to access that universe's chaos magic, but had great difficulty in doing so at first, since it was more powerful there and she had no previous experience in wielding it.

She works in Chaos Magic, which I think is related to illusions, effects, hexes, etc. It ties in with her powers, amplifying one of them, or something of the like.

With her probability fields, well, what can I say. She would effect the probability of Superman being able to withstand a hex bolt, or something of the sort, to nigh on nil.

You also have Supermans speed, mind you. Scarlet Witch isn't even Omega - so I doubt she could get anything out of her before Superman had sped into her and disabled her.

Although, if Scarlet Witch DID have the speed, it would be a good fight.

Mr.

Yeah... that wouldn't happen.

Superman's body completely shut down after exhausting all the solar energy in the fight with Doomsday. It ceased all functions. No pulse. No mental stimulation. He came back to life. Not through divine intervention or revivication, but simply due to his cells being re-charged with solar energy.

Just because Phoenix is stronger than Professor X doesn't mean she can infiltrate Superman's mind. He's strongest meta-human on the planet. If every telepath could take control of Superman, they would of. But they can't. It was amazing that Max Lord managed do it.

You couldn't force Superman into a coma. Shutting down his heart would be impossible. Demolecularizing him? Wouldn't work. Not after a sun-dive.

Phoenix's powers arn't magic. She doesn't have an advantage over him.

Just from what I've read it seems more of a disabling than a complete shutting down.

Superman is unlimited. The more solar exposure, the stronger he becomes. After a sun-dive he is immortal in every sense of the word.

Yeah...that doesn't matter.
She imagines he has no power = he has no power.
Her powers are only limited by her imagination.

If she IMAGINES Supes is dead, he is DEAD.
No way revival, no way to get out.
DEATH.
Thrown into the sun? He doesn't come back alive.

Like VersionX said, her powers are only limited by her imagination...
Which doesn't have a limit.

Thus, Supes is dead.
Sorry, but Supes is a sun-dive can't defeat Dark Phoenix.
Buh-bye. :D

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Thrown into the sun = dead for Superman? You do realise we're talking about Superman after he flies through the sun, right?

Phoenix may have a colourful imagination, but that won't strip Supes of his powers. They're a side effect of his biology under a yellow sun. As long he remains under a yellow sun, he will be Superman. And (I'm not sure, but) I don't think Phoenix has the power to change a persons biology.

And if she can't, killing Superman would be impossible.

Mr.

Thrown into the sun = dead for Superman? You do realise we're talking about Superman after he flies through the sun, right?

Phoenix may have a colourful imagination, but that won't strip Supes of his powers. They're a side effect of his biology under a yellow sun. As long he remains under a yellow sun, he will be Superman. And (I'm not sure, but) I don't think Phoenix has the power to change a persons biology.

And if she can't, killing Superman would be impossible.

...Did you completely ignore my post, or what?
Her powers are only limited BY HER IMAGINATION.
Imagine the Beyonder, except she can't kill Death or Life : D

Supes CAN-NOT WIN against somehow with power limited by imagination.
Like Thanos, after he gets the Infinity Gaunlet.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I didn't ignore it. I just don't believe she can do whatever she imagines. Which she can't.

Wiki on Powers and Abilities said:
The Phoenix Force possesses limitless cosmic energy. With or without a host, it is one of the most powerful entities in the Marvel Universe. The Phoenix Force can tap into the energy provided by life-force reserved for future generations, thus denying them existence. It can wield this energy to project beams of immense concussive force. It can transmigrate throughout time and space by folding its energy back into itself, causing it to collapse akin to a black hole. It then reforms itself upon reaching its destination. It can directly absorb energy such as Cyclops' optic blasts or the entire energy of a sun. The Phoenix Force can control life and death itself. As it is the nexus of all psionic energy, it has powerful mental abilities, including telepathy and telekinesis, and often seeks out hosts who have psionic abilities. When bonded with a host, the Phoenix Force amplifies their abilities to incalculable levels. It can manipulate matter on a sub-atomic level (e.g., turning wood to gold, stone to crystal, etc). It can teleport others across vast distances. Its powers appear to be at their strongest when bonded to Jean Grey (possessing the powers of telekinetic/telepathic godhood, complete control over the realms of matter, energy, and thought), as the two have a strange, profound connection to each other (Jean is the closest thing the Force has to physical form). If the Phoenix Force is harmed or killed, it will form an "egg" of cosmic power, incubate in the White Hot Room, and hatch out completely healed. The full extent of its power has yet to be explored.

That's the only thing I see that could possibly indicate that Phoenix is able to change Superman to a human. But that'd be changing a persons species, not their atomic structure. Scarlet Witch and Magician are characters that could possibly turn Superman human. Scarlet Witch has her probability fields and Magician who warps reality, but I doubt Phoenix could.

Mr.

I didn't ignore it. I just don't believe she can do whatever she imagines. Which she can't.

That's the only thing I see that could possibly indicate that Phoenix is able to change Superman to a human. But that'd be changing a persons species, not their atomic structure. Scarlet Witch and Magician are characters that could possibly turn Superman human. Scarlet Witch has her probability fields and Magician who warps reality, but I doubt Phoenix could.

IDIOT.

(possessing the powers of telekinetic/telepathic godhood, complete control over the realms of matter, energy, and thought)

Did you notice this?
COMPLETELY CONTROL.
TELEPATHIC GODHOOD.

...GODHOOD.
Supes CANNOT RESIST TELEPATHIC GODHOOD.
His mental defenses ARE NOT STRONGER THAN PROFESSOR X's. And he BEAT DARK PHOENIX IN TELEPATHIC COMBAT.
This proves that, effortlessly, Phoenix CAN control Supe's mind.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Right, I'm the idiot because I proved you wrong when you said Phoenix could turn Superman human and then, out of nowhere, you mention her telepathy. Yes. Well then...

Wikipedia said:
Although Superman can resist telepathic/mental manipulation or outright domination thanks to his Kryptonian knowledge of "Torquasm Vao" (a mental training technique), as well as his own indomitable will, his natural power do not provide him with any special defenses against such attacks.
So I'm guessing Supes can resist Phoenix's powers enough for him to take her down.

Ty Leonheart

I'm going to say this. If Dark Phoenix really can transform matter into other forms of matter, then couldn't she just change his kryptonian atomic structure into a humans. All it would take is to change the kryptonian DNA into human DNA.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
Here we go.

Superman would win.

After a sun-dive he becomes nigh-invincible. Nothing can pierce his skin. Nothing will hurt him and his strength is increased dramatically. I'm not talking about the strength to cause an earthquake. I mean literally Earth shattering strength. The power to rip a star apart with his hands. He could literally juggle planets if he wanted to after a sun-dive.

The only thing Phoenix has against Superman is her telepathy. She could affect Superman's mind but she couldn't destroy it. That'd be using telekinesis. Causing physical damage. After a sun-dive, nothing could hurt Superman. Not even a punch from God himself. Phoenix's demolecularizing powers? Wouldn't work. It's not magic. Superman's invulnerabilty would beat it.

And so, since Phoenix really has no other upper-hand over Superman, he would then proceed to take her out (Not kill her, but to the point to where she's no longer a danger.).

ttrue superman becomes a god and can destroy dark phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back