• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dawn of The New Key [Azrael] AU Fan-Fic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
How about a near death experience then?

Roxas gets hung/shot/stabbed and is lying near death when Kelsie shows up and talks to his spirit.

A

Azrael

How about a near death experience then?

Roxas gets hung/shot/stabbed and is lying near death when Kelsie shows up and talks to his spirit.

You mean Benjamin? Because I kind of made it clear that Roxas was killed.

madammina

Yeah, Benjamin. Sorry.

Anyway, you get what I'm saying.

OH! (hits head against Glass) I can't BELIEVE I didn't think of this!
Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor! The place is FILLED with ghosts. And several piano's and Organs.

A

Azrael

Yeah, Benjamin. Sorry.

Anyway, you get what I'm saying.

OH! (hits head against Glass) I can't BELIEVE I didn't think of this!
Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor! The place is FILLED with ghosts. And several piano's and Organs.

Oh how I wanted you to say that. But isn't that in New Orleans in 18th century America, not Europe in the Renaissance? :D

But nice idea.

madammina

Depends.

You have three/four styles of Mansions.
1) New Orleans Ante bellum
2) New England Gothic
3)Okay... Phantom manor is tricky. It is supposed to take place in the old west, but the Ghost Host and Madam Leota both speak French, and half of the tomb stones are in French.
4) Mystic Manor, Honk Kong Disney's HM... which this is the only thing known really...

A

Azrael

_____

Chapter Six: Ino's Summoning.

(Insert Tension Rising High Version)

Growl.

Several creatures moved forwards, approaching the target that their master had ordered it and its brethren alike to apprehend and surround until he came. In size, these creatures were short in comparison to the average human person yet made up for their shortness in overwhelming force in numbers. Had they been fortunate enough to retain their hearts, they would've laughed; that is if they had kept their faces. Their heads looking at their targets, their closed zipper mouths formed malicious grins.

Their target was cooped up, trapped in some abandoned section of the city. Too deep in the middle of nowhere to find someone to help alleviate the predicament before her. Oh Jesus..how did I manage to have myself end up here? It seems... just like yesterday when I first left home...it's been so long ago...a year I think since I left? I don't even remember anymore... thought the girl as she shook her head and lowered her head, allowing the individual black hair strands to fall back into place, covering her blue eyes and that angelic yet distraught face of hers. I wonder at times how you're doing Namine...it must be nice to see me suffer.... It must be nice resting in a nice bed while I'm forced to scavenge in the streets and forced to wear these rags.

Turning around and staring at the white creatures who had her cornered, she initially froze at the creatures only to sigh and laugh. I should've known that I was going to get caught. Sooner or later...but if only...no never mind. Hopeful that it was, she lifted her hand and then extended it out, only to end up disappointed. What happened? It summoned for me that one time when I escaped the castle...what's missing for me to summon it? Distracted at her inability to summon the Keyblade to even breathe properly, Ino’ eyes widened as she heard the words.

I've come for you Ino.

“Huh?” was all Ino managed to emit out before the monsters began to approach her. No! No! No! I should've known that you would be behind these things chasing after me all day long. You don't know when to quit, do you...? The voice sounded familiar to her, and replaying the words made her feel disgusted, almost enough to throw up once she recognized who it was. What brings you here? Still haven't figured it out that

Let loose these false emotions controlling that heart of yours and return to me. I will not tolerate you running away when you know full well your significance to my plan, our plan.

"No! My heart belongs to me, not to anyone else!" screamed Ino, flailing her arms at the voice. As for your plan, I say damn it to hell! Like I would give myself up knowing what you're planning to do.

Laughing momentarily at Ino's defiance, the voice suddenly grew serious. Very well then. If you intend to defy me, then I shall not hesitate in killing you. I only need to find a replacement.

"What?" screamed Ino, shocked. Did he just say what I thought he did?

Creatures of Nothingness! Kill or capture her! It's your choice!
commanded the voice to the monsters.

He did...that bastard.

As the white creatures lunged towards him, Ino jumped up high, landing a few dozen meters away at a safe distance from them.

There’s just too many of them to take on myself! Just as I thought. There’s no stopping these things!
“Gah! Where's other people when you need them to back you up?” Ino yelled, frustrated at how she was cooped in the middle of nowhere by these monsters and that she had to fight them on her own. Ugh. Why did I have to be the Seventh Princess of Heart? Couldn't someone else be it?

She wondered how she was going to defend herself against the creatures. I never knew how to fight...I had to teach myself... Now it's coming to haunt me... Frustrated at the monsters increasing their numbers in front of them and approaching her, Ino didn't know what to do other than to prevent herself from returning back to that man who's voice was speaking to her telepathically. I'll never come back to him. Since Mom died, he's become different. Too different...he's not the man I once knew. He's a monster...who sees me as just another pawn in his plans. His plans for Kingdom Hearts.

Observing their target to be distracted with deep mental thought, the faceless creatures took a chance and rushed towards the girl. Jumping on her in droves, the creatures began flailing their arms as mobile projectiles at the black haired girl's back causing her to scream loudly in pain. "Get off me, you stupid things! Let me go!" yelled Ino as she grabbed a nearby log and smashed it at her back, killing the monsters though it came at the price of her back. Ouch!

"Hyah!" Ino yelled, frustrated, eyeing the creatures in front of her. I should just run. In a blink of an eye, she was sprinting for the forest. It was futile, though, as the creatures created a chain and reached out for her, securing a hold on his leg. Crashing to the ground, Ino cringed before trying to shake her leg free. “Let go me before I go kick your rear ends!” Ino started, but froze as she watched the creatures retreat from her, at least so temporarily, and begin to encircle her, forming some form of cage.

What are they doing? Narrowing her eyes and gripping her weapon tighter as the creatures came towards her again, Ino swung at them, butagain it phased through them. Dang it. Does nothing hit these things?

“H-hey!” yelled Ino, aware at how much panic was settling into her voice. “Let me out of here!” Shee wasn’t able to finish, as her sapphire eyes noticed a swirling purple portal appear behind her. What's happening to me? This feeling...it's familiar Ino whispered, feeling her blood run cold as her eyes lost themselves in the depths of the portal. It wasn’t until she felt the creatures were moving backwards towards the portal with her in their cage that Ino snapped out of it. Huh?

“Hey wait a minute!” Ino screamed, trying to hit the monsters with her weapon but still proving unsuccessful against them as it fazed through them. How can I fight these things if I can't hit them?

Ino was able to let out before the creature before him opened its previously zippered mouth. “What the hell are you doing! Don’t come any closer! I'm warning you!” Ino screamed angrily as she backed up slightly, lashing out at the monsters approaching her as they moved towards her.

“Dang it!" she cursed as she was getting closer to the portal. Just as she thought he was going to die, a bright light temporarily blinded her as his wooden stick began to glow, surrounded with colorful swirls of radiant light. Before she could even think, the creatures dropped her like a sack of potatoes, and she slowly sat up, blue eyes widening at the key that was now in her hands. As soon as it materialized, dreams soon entered her mind, overwhelming her.

Crack, shift, fizzle.

It was pitch black but in the midst of it, she could see a silver haired kid around her age and a blond boy, both wearing the same black coat as her, face off in a plain white room. Holding out his gloved hand, the blond boy summoned the Keyblade and swinging it a bit, he aimed the sword's sharp end at his opponent who was apart from him by several meters. In contrast, the silver haired boy was weaponless and seeing that he had a blindfold on, it seemed that the battle would go one sided.

Tell me, why did you call me that? The blond boy let out, almost in frustration, but more out of confusion, struggling to maintain his dominance over his opponent in the fight. I am me! No one else!

The silver haired boy sighed and shook his head. I should've known. You're exactly like him in more ways than you want to remember. My job's finished here. Good-bye Sora. We'll meet again soon. Extending out his hand, the silver haired boy summoned a dark portal and lowering it, turned around to immerse himself in it.

Wait! screamed the blond boy as he rushed the boy. What are you talking-

Fizzle, coding, static.

It was a dark world, a large foreboding castle could be seen in the distance hidden amongst the clouds and the skyscrapers surrounding it. The same blond boy from before seemed to be in lamentation over something as the memories indicated. His Keyblade, the same sword from the previous vision, was lying on the cold, wet pavement as raindrops fell on the metal, causing minor quantities of lightning to spark.

I can't believe I was that stupid. The boy sounded defeated as he slumped forwards, leaning on the wall. It was all a trick. Xemnas never wanted us to become whole. He was just playing us this entire time...that traitorous bastard...tricked me into collecting all those hearts...and build Kingdom Hearts for him.

Fizzle.

“What was that? Were those dreams or memories?” Ino questioned, knowing that she nor anyone else would have the answer that she sought. Ugh. At least she knew two things, they made her head hurt and that those memories contained people she didn't know, at all. They all wielded Kingdom Key as me but why I was made to see those people... Unless the Keyblade she now wielded made her have those memories. I don't know but that's the least of my concerns. I need to beat these things.

Ino wasn’t given time to broad on it, though, as the giant key promptly forced her to her feet as it made its way towards one of the creatures, hitting and destroying it. It connected! Finally!

Gripping the handle of the key tightly, Ino glared at the remaining creatures and attacked them all, releasing the fury she had towards them. When the last of them disappeared, it seemed to rain small dark portals as they descended down from above. Showering around him as if it was precipitating. Ino glanced her head up before her weapon Kingdom Key disappeared in another swirl of light.

Staring down at her now empty hand, Ino began to pant heavily, moving her gaze at the empty battlefield that was damaged. I won...now I need to run for it in case more are being sent my way. Not wanting to face off further creatures, she mustered what strength was left in her and ran for it much to the annoyance of a certain redhead who watched the whole thing from the Realm of Darkness.

A Keyblade? Something tells me that this is going to be very interesting.

Fin.
_____

Last edited:

madammina

Very nice... also nice to see it long.

Only complaints: Ino talks high bread... but she's missing some connecting links. She's doing too much exposition. THe mix between common talk and high bred is too awkward.

Also, you wrote Missions instead of visions or memories.

But nice chapter...Nice to see Ino fighting.

A

Azrael

Very nice... also nice to see it long.

Only complaints: Ino talks high bread... but she's missing some connecting links. She's doing too much exposition. THe mix between common talk and high bred is too awkward.

Also, you wrote Missions instead of visions or memories.

But nice chapter...Nice to see Ino fighting.

Clarify your points so I may repair them.

madammina

Looks I'm cornered. If only my heart was strong enough to wield it.

was never taught how to fight by anyone...what little I know I managed to pick up on my own. Bad on my end considering the situation that I'm stuck in...

Two that stick out at me. Just sounds too awkward and long...

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Hooray!!!! Ino is finally in the picture!!! Man, this is just as I suspected, Ino will definitely be more trouble than she is worth; Axel's reaction to the situation at the end said it all. So, Ino gets Roxas' memories when she uses the Keyblade huh? I hope you go more into the backstory of the Organization; I really want to know what happened with them. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

A

Azrael

Hooray!!!! Ino is finally in the picture!!! Man, this is just as I suspected, Ino will definitely be more trouble than she is worth; Axel's reaction to the situation at the end said it all. So, Ino gets Roxas' memories when she uses the Keyblade huh? I hope you go more into the backstory of the Organization; I really want to know what happened with them. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Because of the butterflies of (what I made obvious) Roxas' betrayal of Organization and elimination of Xemnas, you might guess that a lot more Nobodies are running about. Like Xigbar in the trinket stand or Vexen mentioned. Larxene's dead and Marluxia's too. And most importantly, Axel and Saix. There will be tidbits of information concerning Org XIII since what you hopefully picked up, the Keyblade that both Benjamin and Ino have share the same stories and have much to tell.

A

Azrael

Ino's awesome. I really find this story interesting cant wait to see more. Hey Azrael its been awhile since I last chatted with ya.

I know it's been a while. We should chat up more. I might give some small teasers along the way.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
I be a bit scared now lol. No, no more teasers I am getting enough of those as it is on my own Creative writing story.

So besides this what else have ya been up to.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
that memory/dream, was from 358/2 days was it not?
Riku: Come on Sora, I thought you were better then that
Roxas: Get real look at which one of us is winning! (gasp)
Riku: You really are his nobody, DiZ was right
Roxas: grrr ... Why are you still talking about him?! I'm me and nobody else!

A

Azrael

_____

Chapter Seven: The Burning Wind.

"So this is where she did a number on my nobodies?" Axel asked himself as he stepped out of the portal onto the pavement. The redhead tilted his head around his surroundings and mused on the damage unleashed on the area surrounding him. "Man oh man, did this girl do a number on this place or what? And the way she handled them? Oh goodness gracious, I had her underestimated." commented Axel, still amazed at the opposite he expected from a supposed princess happened to Ino. "Hell, you gave me a shocker pulling that out. You're the first girl since-" He paused, almost vomiting at almost mentioning a certain callous vixen's name that he dare not say. "-in a while to impress me."

After all, she did do a decent job in defeating them.

Axel had to give Ino credit when it was due. Even then, the redhead couldn't imagine that a mere princess defeated nobodies, especially his elite regiment of loyal Dusks and Assassins. Not that I think it's weird or anything for girls to fight or anything... He knew better to make that assumption from his experience working with a certain witch back in the month he spent at Castle Oblivion those many years ago. It's not that but I expected this to be somewhat different.

According to the information DiZ briefed him on concerning his target, he was in the assumption that all he had to do was find the girl and following that, bring her back to Hollow Bastion. It sounded like a more or less easy assignment to accomplish, a contrast from the other outlandish odd jobs done before. Either way, no mention was ever made about a Keybearer running about freely around especially considering that he was in the assumption that they had been long gone.

“Really, you could had mentioned that she was one of them for Christ's sake." Axel muttered softly under his breath, emphasizing the word them with a hint of poorly conceived anger. Then again, why didn't they bother telling me? Unless DiZ happened to not know about it. Pausing his chain of thought, the redhead shook his head. Nah. I doubt that he wouldn't know anything about that. Call Axel suspicious but he had a hunch that DiZ had other reasons of having him retrieving Ino from wherever she happened to be hiding at than he was letting on. He has to. There's nothing that says otherwise.

Hm. I wonder.
Scratching the small goatee hairs forming on his chin, Axel thought. I'll ask Saix if he knows anything about DiZ's reasons behind wanting to get Ino. Tilting his head up at the night sky, he shot up his arms and in a fiery burst, his two chakrams appeared mid-air and slowly paused from movement, descending down towards the ground. Catching his signature weapons, the redheaded nobody thought. Until then, I have a girl to capture and bring back. His emerald gaze took in the images of Ino and began playing them like a video, watching the black haired girl summon the Kingdom Key and swing it at the nobodies, smashing the blades' crown teeth at their heads.

Just like the Keyblade's Chosen One...Number XIII Roxas...my best friend.

Coding.

From the warm glowing light in front of them, Axel and a blond boy dressed in the same black coat sat on the edges of some unknown clocktower overlooking a small village. Feeling the intense light glistening on their slightly tanned bodies, they spent their time eating ice scream as they watched the sunset.

Fizzle, fizzle, crack.

"Roxas." Axel addressed the blond boy, pausing momentarily. He tilted his eyes' attention from the ocean located at the distance to his friend. "Are you sure that you don't have a heart?" asked the redhead as he silenced himself again, awaiting a response from him.

"I-"

Brief static.

In midst of static buzzing in his mind, that specific memory he had of himself and Roxas disappeared. In better words, it was like he had a picture and clenching it tightly in his hands, he set it on fire then opening his hand to allow the empty winds of nothingness to blow the destroyed pieces away. Despite his feelings for his deceased best friend, the last thing the pyro needed was a meaningless memory or two hold him back from completing his mission. He wouldn't rest until he met his goals in apprehending the Keybearer. No matter how many obstacles Ino would throw at him, he would do what it took to retrieve her.

“Well then...” whispered Axel as he lowered his hand and looked back out at the scenery before him. “Where the hell could she be?"

Fin
_____

madammina

How is Axel having a memory thing?

The fact he called it meaningless makes me sad. And I liked the CO reference.

Nothing bad that I noticed.

A

Azrael

How is Axel having a memory thing?

The fact he called it meaningless makes me sad. And I liked the CO reference.

Nothing bad that I noticed.

He was in the same spot that Kingdom Key was in and seeing that Roxas wielded Kingdom Key, he experienced a memory lapse although briefer than Benjamin's or Ino's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back