• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dead Space themed/actual roleplay?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Well, THIS thread spawned from my other thread and I just had to seperated it sounded so active. So we're thinking with a lot of the elements from the game but with more than one char to help you. We need a story and the usuals but definitely all about survival.

Any ideas?

A

Azrael

This is me just picking a basic concept. We should start there?

Where will our location be? I'm thinking of a prison colony in Space that's used by the Church of Unitology to experiment on the prisoners and use them to turn into Necromorphs. It can be an infection that spreads throughout the prison colony.

A

Azrael

Okay...it so, how will our team get there? Will they be prisoners? How large is this complex?

It's your roleplay. I'm just giving some ideas. Okay our "team" can be all prisoners or security guards or a combination of different sorts of people like in Extraction and the original Dead Space. We could use a prisoner, a security guard or preferably a Marine, a doctor or scientist, and an engineer at least to perform different functions. We're expecting the Necromorphs and the Unitologists to be sabotaging the doors and life support systems. It'll be a large complex. Probably a space colony on the Moon like those colonies in Gundam Wing as inspiration for design.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
I like the mixed cast kind of thing. Im sorry, I've never played Dead Space before and Clokwork was telling me how I'm trying to start too many roleplays...so iono. Aaaaaaanyway, Yea that sounds good. I think this could prolly explore Unitology or what we think it could be all the while having the characters solve the Necromorph thing, confused the whole way of course...

A

Azrael

I like the mixed cast kind of thing. Im sorry, I've never played Dead Space before and Clokwork was telling me how I'm trying to start too many roleplays...so iono. Aaaaaaanyway, Yea that sounds good. I think this could prolly explore Unitology or what we think it could be all the while having the characters solve the Necromorph thing, confused the whole way of course...

Don't forget the hallucinations of Necromorphs attacking you when they aren't there or loved ones that died talking to you and shit. Oh yeah and have the characters come to random people dying by Necromorphs and solving puzzles i.e. fixing computer systems, restoring life support, overriding quarantine lock down and all that fun shit. I suggest a mixed cast because with different types of characters, we each have special skills that we alone can do. Like prisoners can be good with melee combat while Marines and security guards are best with a gun while scientists and doctors can heal better wounds from Necromorphs. Also an engineer to override lockdowns and do the technical shit.

YouTube - Dead Space- unknown territory? NOT COOL

EWS. You need to play Dead Space.

Exvind

Somewhere on the planet Earth. Hope that helps.
Sorry to burst my head in here, but I heard Dead Space and came a runnin. Anyway, there'd also have to be a viable reason for Necromorphs to be on the colony. I mean, they came because the Marker was moved in the first one, so maybe some Church nutjob managed to hijack a sample from the Ishimura and bring it to start another outbreak?

A

Azrael

Sorry to burst my head in here, but I heard Dead Space and came a runnin. Anyway, there'd also have to be a viable reason for Necromorphs to be on the colony. I mean, they came because the Marker was moved in the first one, so maybe some Church nutjob managed to hijack a sample from the Ishimura and bring it to start another outbreak?

The CEC is confirmed to be a front for the Church and is controlled by faithful in the Church. This prison colony shouldn't be known by the public perhaps serving as a secret government prison/ research lab. Remember when the Captain released the Escape Pods? Well the scientists could had discovered the escape pods when they crashed and found several Infectors and dead Slashers so they use that sample.

Come on and help us.

Exvind

Gladly. Well then, I also have to wonder if the Necromorphs would not be tranquil again since Isaac replaced the Marker. Now, they said there were experiments with a seperate Marker on Earth, so if the complex was used to perhaps construct an Artificial Marker and thus re-activate the dormant Necromorphs on board, I could see that as a plot and reason for the outbreak.

A

Azrael

Gladly. Well then, I also have to wonder if the Necromorphs would not be tranquil again since Isaac replaced the Marker. Now, they said there were experiments with a seperate Marker on Earth, so if the complex was used to perhaps construct an Artificial Marker and thus re-activate the dormant Necromorphs on board, I could see that as a plot and reason for the outbreak.

Though with the hallucination of Necro Nicole, one may need to ask if the Marker was put in the right place by Issac or is it just a product of all the shit he's been through. It could be an after effect of the Marker but I talk too much about the original game. Yes. It should be interesting to construct an Artifical Marker, perhaps this time having more similar properties to the Black Marker, and have the Necromorphs re-activated. As I say the prison is unknown to the public asides from the CEC who sends their more *unstable* "liabilities" to the prison colony. Government approves since it's aligned closely to the CEC. There the three groups work together and use the prisoners as well as everyone else on site as test subjects.

Exvind

Latest Game Informer assured us that Necro Nichole seems to have been an after effect. When you've been near the Marker, it seems, there will always be after effects.

But I like that concept. The 'rescue' squad, the inmates, the cultists, and a few scientists. Fun fun fun till Necro takes your appendages away.

A

Azrael

Latest Game Informer assured us that Necro Nichole seems to have been an after effect. When you've been near the Marker, it seems, there will always be after effects.

But I like that concept. The 'rescue' squad, the inmates, the cultists, and a few scientists. Fun fun fun till Necro takes your appendages away.

It's the concept I want to pitch to EWS. He's going to be in charge. The scientists hired by the CEC and endorsed by the Church and funded by the government are using the prisoners as test subjects for their artificial Marker but it affects everyone including the security staff and medical teams who report acts of insanity from within their ranks and crimes. I can guess that one of the scientists or perhaps a member of the CEC or Church (it doesn't make a difference since they're one and the same) decides to continue and convince the remaining scientists to proceed. A Mercer-like character who manipulates everyone.

We need new Necromorphs to keep it fresh. How about animals?

A

Azrael

Animals, MACHINES, combinations of people, hell, let it grab an engineer too.

It's a prison colony so though it functions as a facility to hold prisoners (and secret government funded, CEC-staffed and Church endoresed research) I assume it has some decent numbers of civilians so animals can make it in especially since the colony is in a closed-off environment. I'm talking about animals like Fido or Garfield. Nothing outrageous though. Machines is a no. We already got Brutes although the Graverobber would be perfect for it. An Issac Clarke Necromorph? nice!

Exvind

We all know that Necromorphs are fleshy and terrifying and god awful abominations against nature. Now, add in the factor that its more or less encased in the armor of its host. So, chest shots are even LESS effective than before. How scary would that be in that situation? Narrowing the weak points to just the joints....ech....*shudder*

A

Azrael

We all know that Necromorphs are fleshy and terrifying and god awful abominations against nature. Now, add in the factor that its more or less encased in the armor of its host. So, chest shots are even LESS effective than before. How scary would that be in that situation? Narrowing the weak points to just the joints....ech....*shudder*

I'm a little eh on the idea. I prefer they attach to organic hosts unless you mean Necromorphs encased in armored suits like Issac.

Should Issac be involved? The characters from Extraction? Downfall? The comics?

Exvind

Well, personally I'd opt for an entirely seperate plot with references to all of the above, but without actual involvement from them. The second Isaac gets involved, all the focus will inevitably go to him rather than the player characters, (plus there'd be arguing over if we could BE him), and having an entirely seperate location allows for quite a bit of creative freedom.

Side note, 100th post.

A

Azrael

Well, personally I'd opt for an entirely seperate plot with references to all of the above, but without actual involvement from them. The second Isaac gets involved, all the focus will inevitably go to him rather than the player characters, (plus there'd be arguing over if we could BE him), and having an entirely seperate location allows for quite a bit of creative freedom.

Side note, 100th post.

True. A reference to them. Our characters (it depends but still) can not know too much about what happened in the USG Ishimura considering that practically everyone on that ship and the mining colony never lived to tell the tale unless you happen to be a survivor or have knowledge of it from an unknown source.

I'm leaning on going for Marine/PSec. Someone can be an Engineer.

A

Azrael

Yes! We someone to over-ride the lockdown and random quarantines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back