• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Death Penalty

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Website
www.freewebs.com
I highly approve of it. What criminals do to get the death penalty is definitely worthy of death. I support it whole-heartedly, and would like to see it happen more often, but there again, only for the guilty. It also helps free the prisons up, and is a small method of population control.

Dark_Keyblade

Ok, this is my view on capital punishment. It is wrong. Even though whoever is on death row probably deserves it, i believe its not just. Killing a person for whatever reason is wrong and a sin and who are you to decide whether that person should live or die? I think that decision belongs only to god and nobody should try to make that decision for him. (If you haven't noticed im very religious)

Phenomenon X

Dark_Keyblade said:
Ok, this is my view on capital punishment. It is wrong. Even though whoever is on death row probably deserves it, i believe its not just. Killing a person for whatever reason is wrong and a sin and who are you to decide whether that person should live or die? I think that decision belongs only to god and nobody should try to make that decision for him. (If you haven't noticed im very religious)

I agree almost in full, 'cepts for teh whole religious part

SeRoFe

I can give you a better way to explain why it's not worth the shot: What's a heavier punishment: Death or living imprisoned ina cell for the rest of your life? Besides that, killinmg the killer is punishing violence with violence, it simply doesn't work.

Phenomenon X

SeRoFe said:
I can give you a better way to explain why it's not worth the shot: What's a heavier punishment: Death or living imprisoned ina cell for the rest of your life? Besides that, killinmg the killer is punishing violence with violence, it simply doesn't work.

Corrects, A+.

Website
www.freewebs.com
Alright, think of it this way: Rather than attempting to punish them for what they did, and get your retribution, killing them would rid the world of their horrible presence and potential wrong doing.

You're right in the fact that death isn't as hard to bear as lifetime imprisonment, but to kill would rid our world of them, and we basically wouldn't have to worry about them doing anything more again. Also, it would prevent us from having to put up with their worthless hides for many years to came, spending our hard earned money on someone not worth it.

SeRoFe

Well then, let's just kill every one in the world, if you realy want your plan to work. Every single person in existance is a potential criminal, you, me, your mother and the president of New Zeland.
Besides, if you wanted to kill every person who has killed someone, you'd have to kill half the police men, all the soldiers, and all the politicians.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
There's already a thread on this, I think.

Website
www.freewebs.com
It's true that no one is perfect and pure, and that most of the ones you named especially aren't, but I'm speaking of the ones who've been caught in the act and tried in a court of law for their deeds, and have been proven guilty, at least by a judge or jury's opinion.

This was meant for those already in prison for death penalty crimes.

SeRoFe

You have shown yourself how unjust the penal sistem is. Only those who get caught are punished, and some of those who get caught aren't even guilty. World is much more complicated than what you seem to think. No offence meant.

Website
www.freewebs.com
Then I can only say that we kill the ones who've been proven guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt, and the ones that aren't, don't. It's hard to tell such things, but there are ways, and if there is a 'shadow of a doubt', then merely let them sit in a cell, innocent or not, if we don't have the required proof. It's harsh, but not as bad as being killed, if they're innocent.

That brings up another point. Perhaps we should maximize the supervision of such police, political leaders, and other officials.

black acid

Heros need Villains
if you mean the death penalty for killing a cop then yes AND no

resons why death penalty should be on:

1.your killing a cop. in a sense that's killing another good tax dolloer for the city, I doubt rich people will stand for that.

2. treat others the way you wanna be treated. you wanna cock your gun and shoot fine, I'll cock mine and shoot you back.

3. in terms of vengance of a fallen comrade this law does prove to meeet it's stanterds.

resons: death penalty should be off:

1. vengance is a very extreme sin that will not be tolerated in many relgions.

2. what if the kill was a set-up?

3. does killing one man after killing another REALLY solve anyting

so far these are the resons I can come up with for both trems. I'm sorry if anyone hates me for this but I think that the death penalty works hopfully those dumb@$$'s in broklen will keep there guns to themselfs =)

Website
www.freewebs.com
Killing one man after killing another does solve one thing: It stops that killer from committing another act of killing.

About your comments on killing a cop or not... I don't believe their status in society should mean anything. Everyone is human. If you're a killer, you're a killer. If found to be a killer, all statuses and positions should be stripped from that person, leaving them bare to be recognized as what they are. Simply a human who has killed.

If the murder was a set-up, then it's up to the judge and jury to realize this, and solve the case, either by finding them guilty or not guilty.

As for your "vengance is a very extreme sin that will not be tolerated in many religions" statement, this isn't about religion. This is about facts and morals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back