• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Death Penalty

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

black acid

Heros need Villains
Nexus of Thought said:
Does what, exactly?

remember in the bible when god killed king david's son for f**king with basiclly almost everyone that made him pissed off over one of his cusin's or something for killing someone and well he got pissed and foght and f**ked him up and then god like. . . killed his son afterwards. . . . .think about that one =)

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
^ Religion has no place in the Justice System. You can't have Jew or Muslim, an Atheist or a Wiccan being forced to follow the rules set down by the Bible. It's either all or none. It should only be made up of what society deems moral/immoral.

Square Ninja said:
Is vengeance truly just?
Allow me to quote Frank Castle - "This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment".

What's more of a punishment - the death penelty or life in prison?

black acid

Heros need Villains
Johnny Stooge said:
^ Religion has no place in the Justice System. You can't have Jew or Muslim, an Atheist or a Wiccan being forced to follow the rules set down by the Bible. It's either all or none. It should only be made up of what society deems moral/immoral.

Allow me to quote Frank Castle - "This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment".

What's more of a punishment - the death penelty or life in prison?

so do you suport capital punshiment or not?

rikubaka67

Awards
I'm not for it. But I'm not against it.

I'd just prefer if they spent life in jail.

do you know how much money it takes to keep a person in jail? Taxpayer's money? people in jail have a better life than some other people because they have 3 meals a day, I believe they get to take showers, and supposedly they get cable TV. Why spend taxpayer's money on some criminal when we can use it to help the homeless. I'm sure that there's a way to do that without people pretending to be poor just to get money. Where there's a will, there's a way. and in every prison or jail there's always a chance of escape, even if it is like 1/1000000000000000000000 chance, there still is a chance. and some people get let out because of "good behavior" plus, if we kill the murderers, then we can be sure that they will not kill anyone else. Also, there will be more room for other people who could be threats to citizens.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Keeping someone in jail costs money, just like rikubaka67 just said. Why should we have to pay for a murderer to live? When they get sick, they don't just let them die. They can also get education in prison. Anyone ever heard of Karla Homolka? She went to jail, she got an education in jail, became bilingual, ordered her trial to be in french, and is now out.

For any of you who don't know who Karla Homolka is, I suggest you can find out so you can see just what kind of person people who pay taxes are protecting in jail.

Also, about being in prison for life. A lot of arguments on why that's actually worse that I have heard are, "Well don't you know what happens when you drop your soap...?" Just to clear something up, yes, some people would be the ones dropping the soap and then...I think you get it, but then of course there must be the ones that are...ya. If you don't get what I'm talking about when I say, "Dropping one's soap," then consider yourself lucky. XD

Website
www.freewebs.com
Whoever quoted my phrase, I'd disagree with your little story, not because it's wrong, but because I don't think it holds any weight on this discussion. That's a religious story, true or not, and since it involves God, and since God is questionable, I'll won't give you my opinion on that.

My cousin has been in jail three times now, 2-3 years each time. He enjoys it, to be honest, strangly enough. Jail isn't as bad as they make it seem. They try to make it sound bad to make people want to stay out, but for people who have actually been there, it's sometimes better than the real world. As mentioned, you get three free meals, you get to earn money in which you can buy certain things within the prisons, you get cable tv, regular shows, workouts to keep you in shape, the company of others, no matter how good or bad that part may be, education, access to libraries and the internet, and so on. It's a better life than some of the people out there have, unfortunately.

I've heard of people getting true educations there, for free, since they couldn't get them in college, and then when their time is up, or their case is proven not guilty, they get out, still retaining this free education payed for by us.

Someone said that if they are in prison, they can't kill anyone else? Well, that's partly true, but remember, people do escape, and people are let out, and people do kill others WHILE IN PRISON. Think of that. They are still a potential threat, no matter how subdued they may be for the time being. To kill them, as punishment, not revenge, would rid us of that potential threat.

I am for capital punishment, if proven beyond the shadow of a doubt as guilty.

Life in prison is not enough, in my opinion.

goofy39

I think the death penalty is a little harsh because they could have the facts wrong and kill the wrong person and that would be really wrong

Phenomenon X

I think if jails aren't workin then just maybe thenthey should be changed a little so they do work?

Cicero

Visionary
Tana said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...4.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/01/14/ixportal.html

Yes. I support it. These people deserve to feel the amount of pain they caused to their victims. If not, then judges and jails are idiots. Which some are, but I won't get into that. When jails let freaking murderers go, they don't learn, and just kill, rape, and torture again.

Those people don't feel that pain they caused, they die, but the people around him/her feel the pain, all his familie and friends, but they didn't do anything. It was the man who killed someone and you wish to let his famile feel pain that is not correct. I'm with you when you say that jails and judges not always give to apropriate punishment, but the death penalty is no good. I wrote an argument about this, an argument against the death penalty.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
All death penalty does is eliminate threats to society. How can you place the life of a serial rapist above the good of society?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
A freakin' lot less. Seriously, how much does a bullet and a gun cost?

McFluffy

Website
www.s15.invisionfree.com
i think it's needed, but only for murders, for raipests, chop off their balls or something XD... really, though, it is pretty harsh on teenagest who made stupid mistakes, and could actually have a later potential in life. i heard somewhere, though, that you have to be over 18 to get the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back