• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Decks in BBS ruin game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Card system ftw.

Best KH battle system.

To me, the closer it is to using the CoM battle system, while innovating, the better.

i totally disagree i want the battle system i want for BBS to be like KH1 and KH2, i like those battle systems intead of the CoM,:thumbup:

A

Azrael

Card system ftw.

Best KH battle system.

To me, the closer it is to using the CoM battle system, while innovating, the better.

Seconded, CoM card battle system, best in KH series. No button smashing what so ever, but people whine anyways about it.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I'm looking forward to BBS's new system. And I'm curious about this new 'growth' system Nomura seems to be so proud of.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
There's no decks in Birth By Sleep, where did you get that from.

The battle system is this:

- O to normal attack. Just using your keyblade, good ol' classic Kingdom Hearts style. (remember X and O are swapped from Japan to U.S., so X will be attack for us)

- X is to jump (X and O will swap, so O will be jump for us)

- SQUARE is to guard/glide. Glide isn't confirmed though, so don't quote me on that.

- TRIANGLE is to use a special move. You scroll through special moves to use using the D-pad.

Now, I suppose the Special Attack system could slightly resemble the Deck system, but it is in no way a deck. You just have some set special attacks and you scroll through and use them. Remember though, special attacks include magic spells.

Master Riku 789

o'k the battle system is a command deck. bassically you choose what attacks you want to be lined up in a deck style. so it's bassically a com style battle system but without the cards.

-Calafas-

There's no decks in Birth By Sleep, where did you get that from

- O to normal attack. Just using your keyblade, good ol' classic Kingdom Hearts style. (remember X and O are swapped from Japan to U.S., so X will be attack for us)

- X is to jump (X and O will swap, so O will be jump for us)

- SQUARE is to guard/glide. Glide isn't confirmed though, so don't quote me on that.

- TRIANGLE is to use a special move. You scroll through special moves to use using the D-pad.

Thats a load off my mind...

Cissy

Bronze Member
The system is actually very similar to Crisis Core.

Which isn't surprising. It's a PSP game after all. In Real-Time, no less.

Some critics didn't like Crisis Core, but by the looks of it, people are really liking the gameplay in BBS...

-Calafas-

I haven't got around to playing Crisis Core (Its somewhere in my room collecting dust :/ ) but I hear the battles are extremely slow-like due to the wierd attack system. Like I said, I havent played it or seen gameplay videos but If BBS is similar to CC battle wise, what I hear is a lie. Right?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I haven't got around to playing Crisis Core (Its somewhere in my room collecting dust :/ ) but I hear the battles are extremely slow-like due to the wierd attack system. Like I said, I havent played it or seen gameplay videos but If BBS is similar to CC battle wise, what I hear is a lie. Right?

I don't think it's a lie, I just think that BBS incorporated the positive aspects of Crisis Core, instead of the many negative ones, into its gameplay.

Cissy

Bronze Member
I don't think it's a lie, I just think that BBS incorporated the positive aspects of Crisis Core, instead of the many negative ones into its gameplay.

That's what most people are thinking; that BBS incorporates all the good aspects of KH1-KH2, and Crisis Core.

Detronilizer

To clear it up, yes, Nomura did say that BBS will have a mixture of the CoM battle system and KH2's battle system. But it won't be using cards. As we can see in the screenshots and videos, BBS looks better than that.

Attacking is still the regular X button (O in Japanese). But just plain old mashing X won't seem to always work 'cause the enemies look pretty tough this time around, so by pressing triangle, you can use commands lined up in a deck above the attack button (includes magic, Keyblade moves, etc.). So strategy is a must since you need to plan your attacks right, and at the same time it's the same classic button mashing KH feel.

And not only that, but as evidenced in a couple of screenshots plus the leaked trailer, sometimes while you're attacking normally with X/O, a random powerful attack comes up that has reaction commands. And not only triangle, but square and circle as well. And to add to that, you need to press the reaction commands exactly as they appear, no earlier, no later (as evidenced in Re:CoM). So the gameplay will be a lot more challenging. Not "challenging" as in "frustrating" like in CoM, but "challenging" as in "more fun".

Finally, the various gaming sites that played the demo (IGN, 1UP) not only said that the gameplay feels very close to that of the previous series, but that it actually plays better than any of the other KH games so far.

A

Azrael

Its graphical engine is the same as Crisis Core, we'll know more once the game is finally released in Japan on the full details of the battle system.

Dark Horizon

I absolutely despise all card-based battle systems. CoM was no exception (Hate the gameplay, love the story). If there is any significance with cards in BBS I will burn my copy.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If you'd look at one scan, you'd notice there are no cards. >_>
And I don't understand why people hate cards. Boo-Hoo, you had to actually think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back