• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do we, or do we not, know this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

K3ybladespartan

Uhh if nobodies were created wouldn't they be showing up in the land of Departue? I mean it is a world in between and that is where nobodies are born right? Soo...anybody see some weird creatures lately there?(Excluding MF)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Unless he was secretly controlling everything in the shadows. Thats right I called it. Demyx didn't just play his Sitar for the fun of it. Mind control anyone?

DUN DUN DUN.

Uhh if nobodies were created wouldn't they be showing up in the land of Departue? I mean it is a world in between and that is where nobodies are born right? Soo...anybody see some weird creatures lately there?(Excluding MF)

No, they wouldn't. "It is a special place between the realms of darkness and light, and has been protected for generations so that it is not used for evil." Nobodies wouldn't be able to appear there because the world practically a refuge. Nobodies still don't appear in LoD as CO. The only "Nobody" to be born there was Namine.

K3ybladespartan

DUN DUN DUN.

No, they wouldn't. "It is a special place between the realms of darkness and light, and has been protected for generations so that it is not used for evil." Nobodies wouldn't be able to appear there because the world practically a refuge. Nobodies still don't appear in LoD as CO. The only "Nobody" to be born there was Namine.

Is she there because of the pure light connection with Ven and Kairi or what? Is she the most special Nobody of them all?

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Okay, Heartless always existed. They just weren't in the RoL, excluding those summoned by MX, yet until XtA's experiments.

But what about Nobodies?
Did they always exist too?

I just can't think of a logical explanation to what caused the Nobodies to appear later on in KH's timeline, and not from the beginning. Anyone have ideas?

To answer your question, no. The Nobodies were the result of the Body and Soul of a strong Hearted person going through the RoD, and then spitted out into the Inbetween Realm. At the time of BBS and before, all Hearts about to become Heartless would have been taken to the RoD, and because the barriers between worlds haven't been broken yet, the Body and Soul pretty much couldn't go there.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Heartless weren't rare, they just didn't have a path out of the Realm of Darkness.

that just made me think the only wya for this game to end is to lock the dark realm as it wa before 10 years ago so heartless cant breech the other worlds

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Actually, Xehanort did find Heartless within Hollow Bastion before his experiments. Heartless were present, they were just small in number.
What was it that Yen Sid said? "The Heartless are darkness made real - and darkness yet lingers in every heart. The Heartless are fewer. But while darkness exists in a single heart, it will be difficult to eliminate them."
The mass invasion of the worlds by the Heartless was due to Xehanort and chums, true, and this broke down the barriers between the worlds, making it easier for Heartless to get to them. Nobodies will have existed before (strong hearted people may have even ventured to the Realm of Darkness and met their ends, becoming Nobodies), and due to Yen Sid's knowledge of them, he's likely encountered them before.

No, he didn't. He found the Heartless under the castle immediately after his experiments caused the test subjects' hearts to collapse. He just didn't associate the two immediately. (See: AR 2-3) Ansem the Wise had mentioned "those taken by the darkness" in AR 1, but Xehanort doesn't seem to have linked the two, and he ought to have known what AtW's intent was.

That the Heartless are difficult to get rid of now does nothing to prove that they existed in the Realm of Light before Xehanort's experiments (with the obvious exception of those summoned directly from the Realm of Darkness).

I suppose the possibility that someone with a strong heart ventured into the Realm of Darkness and lost it exists, but we can't be sure a Nobody would be created under that circumstance due to the differences between the RoL and the RoD (do people in the RoD have bodies in the same way as people in the RoL do? Aqua's considered to be equally in need of "birth by sleep" as the more obviously bodiless characters are...). But, if that was the case, the Nobodies must have been equally unable to escape as the Heartless were.

(Why were the Heartless unable to escape in the first place? Corridors of Darkness appear to operate in the Dark Realm, considering that Master Xehanort was able to summon Heartless from there and DiZ was able to escape using them... Were Heartless unable to use the Corridors of Darkness before Apprentice Xehanort intervened?)

You forget the heart has to travel through the RoD to get to Kingdom Hearts. A RoL heart can easily become a Heartless just by its journey to Kingdom Hearts. It might not become that way in the RoL. It all depends on the level of Darkness in the heart.

Do you have a source for this, or is it just conjecture?

And, in any case, if a bodiless RoL heart was turned into a Heartless in the RoD, it wouldn't create a Nobody for obvious reasons.

State

Awards
The heart departs to Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts is in the Realm of Darkness, so, it's logical for a heart that was in the Realm of Light to travel through the RoD until reaching KH.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Do you have a source for this, or is it just conjecture?

And, in any case, if a bodiless RoL heart was turned into a Heartless in the RoD, it wouldn't create a Nobody for obvious reasons.

It is logical. The KH is inside of the RoD so the heart has to travel through it to reach KH.

But once the heart is expelled, the body is still somewhere. It vanishes from the RoL, but it has to go somewhere. I remember HeartSeams saying the heart goes to the RoD as well, but I would think it would fall into the realm in between where Nobodies go.

Is she there because of the pure light connection with Ven and Kairi or what? Is she the most special Nobody of them all?

She is the most special, bur that wasn't the reason.

Samhain

Bronze Member
no.

heartless did not exist in the RoL till Xehanort the Apprentice created the first heartless into the realm of light and that's when they started to multiply and cause chaos.
if heartless existed int he RoL during BBS, trust me...there wouldn't be just 1 heartless. ppl don't get that heartless won't just stand around doing nothing. they rely on instinct. they feast on the worlds hearts and because all the worlds still had their hearts and Terra, Aqua and Ven didnt even BOTHER to lock the worlds heart was because heartless weren't a threat. they did not exist.

applaud Xehanort the Apprentice for destroying everything
thats why anything about MX heartless, Terra's heartless or any of that is false for me because heartless did not exist during BBS...

and thats why i believe nobodies existed when the heartless started to exist in the RoL.
nobodies = existed 9 years before KH1 as well as the REAL heartless in the RoL
the RoD heartless are trapped there for eternity

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Heartless did exist, just not in the RoL. The flashback scene with the neoshadows can be counted as an extreme rare case in that time period where MX summoned them.
They were bound to the RoD alone and only very powerful darksiders like MX could summon them. I even doubt that beside MX anyone other knew about them or what they were...maybe Yen Sid knew...but none other living in the RoL at that time.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Thats why. so technically heartless didn't exist in reality at the time because they were only in the Realm of Darkness

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You could put it that way...for the people living in the RoL they didn't exist because they were never seen in that realm. I don't know if the Keyblade Graveyard/Badlands is even a world of the RoL.
If it is a world of the in-between then heartless would not have been in the RoL at all, as MX summoned them at the badlands to attack Ven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back