• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think Aqua is overrated???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Dude she is like the 1st girl in the KH series to kick ass with a keyblade! She almost like the perfect role model 1.Strong 2.Calm 3.Collected

That reason alone is why I like Aqua. She is the first female character in KH to 1) be playable and 2) Be kick-butt but not have that "tom-boy" attitude that most RPG girls with swords seem to have.

@terraisawesome12
Anyway, I can see why you think she's over-rated. I personally don't think that, but I understand where you're coming from.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I think she's overrated as all hell. I also think she's a walking Deus Ex Machina, but that's a different story.

She appeared in ONE game, and she's already being pushed in our faces. Hell, even before BBS was out, she was hyped out because...OMG A GIRL WHO CAN FIGHT!!(Big deal, Kairi and Xion can fight too.) As if she wasn't hyped enough, they had to go and make a Birth By Sleep Volume 2.......WITH AQUA AS THE MAIN CHARACTER. They never did ANYTHING like this for Kairi, or any other female character. They could have just merged it with BBS, but they just had to hype up Aqua some more...

you could say the same with lighting
square enix is pushing for more heroines on there game why does it always have to be dominated by a man

Ronove

No, not really. Ven only seemed like the main character during the game's promotion because he always had the most screentime in their little teasers and he was in the center for most of their promotional artwork (primarily because he's the most recognizable of the three). But I've always saw Aqua as the game's true main character in terms of her being the hero, whereas Terra's the main character because the story does kind of revolve around him.

This is slightly off topic, but the game seems to sort of troll the player with this. We start out the dive to the center of the heart as Ventus, and Aqua's first words mirror that of Kairi's exactly, hell, I pretty much assumed that Ventus would be the hero, and Aqua would be the damsel. It seems they deliberately intended to have the player assume that Aqua was going to be a minor character, only to twist that assumption by making her arguably THE protagonist.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
This is slightly off topic, but the game seems to sort of troll the player with this. We start out the dive to the center of the heart as Ventus, and Aqua's first words mirror that of Kairi's exactly, hell, I pretty much assumed that Ventus would be the hero, and Aqua would be the damsel. It seems they deliberately intended to have the player assume that Aqua was going to be a minor character, only to twist that assumption by making her arguably THE protagonist.
dude you are so wrong
i mean yea they used vens face becasue its roxas's face which we are familar with to promote the game but they did say that they were all the main character if you thought aqua would be a damsel becasue or minor chracter its becasue of sexistness in majority of tv,films,and games

Ronove

I know they are "all the main characters", but Nomura said Aqua was the "true protagonist" of Birth By Sleep. There is a distinction.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I know they are "all the main characters", but Nomura said Aqua was the "true protagonist" of Birth By Sleep. There is a distinction.
considering she the only slightly active one left
ven in coma terra has been divided in like 3 or 4

terraisawesome12

Even if Aqua DOES develop, it still doesn't erase all she did. All she really did (this is how I see it) was bitch at her friends.

Xion's the real sue, Kairi and Aqua aren't. Play Days completely like I did. Aqua did what she thought was right, any of us would do it oif we were in her shoes. We don't need Aqua/BBS bashing

Agree again. Aqua and Kairi aren't perfect, they have flaws like all hunan beings. I like Aqua for her love for her friends and Kairi the laatter. If loving your friends to fight/serch for them is wrong, then what is right?

Get over yourself; bashing is everywhere. You're bashing Xion, but when it comes to Aqua, you get all pissy? Xion is not a Mary Sue, I think Aqua is. Turning the LoD into Castle Oblivion was just ridiculous.

I know that, but I just play the games, but if a character is not good, than thee game either rushed or bad (KH2-rushed) (Days-Bad). I'm talkinjg about thee OP, this person only open this dissicussion because she hates Aqua, remember the last thread about this? And of Rikui; a good character he is, but never forget what he did in KH1. And don't quote this, I'm not good at these kind of disscussions, But I'm going to go before this reached 50 pages

Evrryone doesn't think like you. Stop assuming things too. I assume you didn't like Days because you sucked at it. (Not saying this is true, but don't assume things)

Aqua is not underrated at all, she isn't exactly overrated either. But for some reason the guy fans drool over her, and female fans like her because she is "a female character that kicks butt" when for one, we have already seen 2 of those, and secondly she hasn't accomplished much except arguably let a villian who would have nearly took over the worlds escape. I just don't see why she is so popular.

It's the boobs. Take out the boobs, and her popularity goes down a little.

@terraisawesome12
Anyway, I can see why you think she's over-rated. I personally don't think that, but I understand where you're coming from.

I'm glad SOMEONE can accept opinions.

Last edited:

Stars

リク
FIRST: I LOVE AQUA
But if BBS v2 is all about her again, then it will be boring.
And i may think she having too much roles that makes everyone seem like a.................

terraisawesome12

And i may think she having too much roles that makes everyone seem like a.................

She's almost as whored as Sora, imo. Neither of them need to be whored. They need to just work on Versus and KH3.

Xammag

BBSv2 will definitely not be all about Aqua. As I keep saying, I see it as "Everything that happened between everything".

Stars

リク
BBSv2 will definitely not be all about Aqua. As I keep saying, I see it as "Everything that happened between everything".

Yeah, hopefully.. There are some mystery on Mickey and Xehanort Apprentice havent been solved..
I know Aqua story is FULL of mystery.. he**..

Xammag

Even so, they're still milking the series a lot.

People say that like KH3 is something being held hostage, like KH3 is what we are all waiting for.

THIS is Kingdom Hearts. Everything in these forums is the franchise and series that they have built and many of the forum patrons have invested themselves in. It is all apart of the experience.

I personally feel everything that has been done has been relevant to the story. To milk it would be to introduce some new character like RIGHT NOW, when all we want is to fill in the gaps we have found in the plot and continue the story. Now, some gaps are intentional and others are obvious plot holes, but it is all apart of following a series in the making and going along with it. Hopefully, most people are enjoying the ride.

terraisawesome12

People say that like KH3 is something being held hostage, like KH3 is what we are all waiting for.

THIS is Kingdom Hearts. Everything in these forums is the franchise and series that they have built and many of the forum patrons have invested themselves in. It is all apart of the experience.

I personally feel everything that has been done has been relevant to the story. To milk it would be to introduce some new character like RIGHT NOW, when all we want is to fill in the gaps we have found in the plot and continue the story. Now, some gaps are intentional and others are obvious plot holes, but it is all apart of following a series in the making and going along with it. Hopefully, most people are enjoying the ride.

They didn't even need to make Re:Coded though....especially since it was a DATA version of Sora.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Theres nothing really wrong with Aqua. You have your usual "EH-HEH BOOBIES" fans but other than that, its not even that bad. Aqua was the first of the playable characters to become a Keyblade Master and she is really important enough to get another game. I'm a fan of Xion and Namine too, but they had their time. Now it's Aquas. Theres nothing ovverated about that.

Crystal

Silver Member
Yeah, hopefully.. There are some mystery on Mickey and Xehanort Apprentice havent been solved..
I know Aqua story is FULL of mystery.. he**..

And Riku too. I hope he is one of the playable character appear in BBS vol.2
Anyway, I don't know who will Aqua meet in RoD besides the Red-eyed, she had been very tired in fighting, let's give her break xD

XehanortHeartles

And there would be no purpose of going even further back in the series.

What if the true bad guy of the series turns out to be the guy behind the Keyblade War?

I find it really hard to believe not a single X blade came out from the war, I think is possible something like Father from Full Metal Alchemist happen, maybe there is a very strong guy sealed in Kingdom Hearts that was responsible for the war, the one who won it or something.

XehanortHeartles

And Riku too. I hope he is one of the playable character appear in BBS vol.2
Anyway, I don't know who will Aqua meet in RoD besides the Red-eyed, she had been very tired in fighting, let's give her break xD

Who is the red eyes? Why isnt there any info on BBS vol 2 in the KH wiki? I just got to know of it because this thread as I didnt played BBS I have no PSP so beyond KH2 I can only know from what I read and see, any good KH site to get me updated on all the news?

Stars

リク
Who is the red eyes? Why isnt there any info on BBS vol 2 in the KH wiki? I just got to know of it because this thread as I didnt played BBS I have no PSP so beyond KH2 I can only know from what I read and see, any good KH site to get me updated on all the news?

The boss you fight in secret episode is called red-eyes by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back