• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Do you think if KH was just completely original, with no disney or FF involved, just a completely original story and characters and worlds that it would have become as popular as it is now? Do you think it would be more popular?

What do you think the series would have been like if they decided to make KH as something completely original without Disney or FF?

jonXjon

Hmm... I don't know, Sora would probably have a Chain-Saw like Square originally intended lol

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I don't think it would be as popular, as the unique blend of Disney and FF is what brought many people to it. The first game in the series wouldn't have seemed as amazing had it not been for that blend, as that is what everyone focuses on.

No, it wouldn't be as popular, and it definitely wouldn't be KH.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Yeah I got interested in KH because of the Disney aspect of it. It KH didn't have disney, then i would never have gotten into it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No. Final Fantasy and Disney, for a lot of the players, was the biggest draw to it. I know it was for me.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Uhm, I confidently say absolutely not. The fact that it had Disney characters and worlds along with FF characters and its tone made the game attractive. it would have just been another rpg that would have gotten a crappy sequel and never heard from again...in my opinion.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Do you think if KH was just completely original, with no disney or FF involved, just a completely original story and characters and worlds that it would have become as popular as it is now? Do you think it would be more popular?

What do you think the series would have been like if they decided to make KH as something completely original without Disney or FF?
It wouldn't be kingdom hearts. It'd be Random craps.

Fallen Prince

I believe that the Disney part was just a crutch. IMO its gotten to a point where theres enough lands and characters not of disney that they could hold their own now, but i say that they needed the Disney and FF as a start off point. So i think they couldnt do it then, but might be able to now, minus Donald Goofy and Mickey.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
No. It would have been great no doubt, but many players would have considered it "just another RPG" and it would have no real audience. The audience combination of FF fans and Disney fans was what I think made it so popular.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
Not likely. The combination of Disney + FF is what makes it interesting.
I can see it without much FF since BBS had only one FF character in it. But I can't see it without Disney since most of the worlds in the KH universe are Disney themed. Disney characters also play big roles in the story.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I adore the KH original characters, but I seriously doubt KH would have gotten as big of a fan base if it had solely been just that. The combination of FF and Disney is what drew me to the series and I don't think the series should ever abandon its' roots.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I believe that the Disney part was just a crutch. IMO its gotten to a point where theres enough lands and characters not of disney that they could hold their own now, but i say that they needed the Disney and FF as a start off point. So i think they couldnt do it then, but might be able to now, minus Donald Goofy and Mickey.
It's more like the FF part was just a crutch. Disney owns the series, and FF was mostly put in just because they didn't have enough original characters. Now that they do, there is less FF characters. That's why all there was in Days was the moogle.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I feel similar to this. To be honest when I first heard of a game where you hang around with Disney characters didn't really enthuse me, but the friend that lent it to me urged me to give it a try and I loved it, and have been with the series ever since. I can also see the reverse of that, where people who weren't interested in just another rpg were drawn to this one because of its fusion with Disney elements. But I think now that the series has established itself and has a solid story and fanbase that it could survive with less Disney, though obviously Donald Goofy and Mickey still need to be in future installments. The reasoning behind that is because the story simply doesn't call for them any more. And though I'm sure in future KH titles the worlds will be written in, right now the story is focusing on
Sora rescuing TVA and the rest and eventually defeating MX and maybe returning the RoL to how it was in the time of Kairi's grandmothers fairytale. . Unless TVA are actually in Disney worlds, which they aren't, then what is the point of returning. Apart from to help the respective citizens with there random crap, which is what a lot of people hated about KH2. So unless MX specifically attacks each of the Disney worlds to draw Sora out, and Sora takes it upon himself to go to each one and rescue everyone then why does Disney even need to be as prevalent in the series anymore. That being said, Disney is certainly part of the draw to the series for a lot of people and I do hope that future games find a plot convenient and necessary reason for them to be included, rather than them being lumped in for the sake of it, because you know they'll be in there.

Terraearthman15

I think that KH would not have come this far from just original content, seemings how over half the series is based on Disney characters with a few major FF but not much. 75% picked up KH because of FF, 10% because of Disney(Me for example), 15% because square-enix made the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back