• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Dwayne McDuffie, Creator of Static Shock, is Dead.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Milestone Creator Dwayne McDuffie has Died - Comic Book Resources

Most of you won't know who Dwayne McDuffie is, but you'll be familiar with his work. He was a series writer for Justice League/Unlimited and Ben 10 and was the co-founder of Milestone Media where he created Static. When Milestone ceased publishing he moved Static into animation and created and ran the Static Shock animated series you all seem to have loved so much.

In recent years he had been working for DC Comics and WB Animation, having written several of the DC Universe Original Animated Movies such as Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and the recently released All Star Superman, which unfortunately only came out yesterday (22 of Feb).

He apparently died of surgical complications.

R.I.P.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
WAIT. O_O But his forum... O_O I COMMENTED ON IT. O_O -is in shock-

I don't know what to say. I've been a fan of his work for a long time. I was actually pretty inspired by him since I was a kid and watched Static Shock and after that I got into Milestone comics and o_o

Last edited:

ross61

Milestone Creator Dwayne McDuffie has Died - Comic Book Resources

Most of you won't know who Dwayne McDuffie is, but you'll be familiar with his work. He was a series writer for Justice League/Unlimited and Ben 10 and was the co-founder of Milestone Media where he created Static. When Milestone ceased publishing he moved Static into animation and created and ran the Static Shock animated series you all seem to have loved so much.

In recent years he had been working for DC Comics and WB Animation, having written several of the DC Universe Original Animated Movies such as Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and the recently released All Star Superman, which unfortunately only came out yesterday (22 of Feb).

He apparently died of surgical complications.

R.I.P.

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit. You do not know how angry and sad I am.

Ace.

Banned
R.I.P.
40.gif
Glad he at least lived an accomplished life.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
I come back and this is the first thing i see.....damn it that show/comicbook character was amazing.

Good night sweet prince :(

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Ah, I know this is old news, but I couldn't believe it either. It came right out of the blue. People were commenting on his forum (like someone mentioned) and there really wasn't an indication that something like this would happen. Although I do recall reading something about him having undergone a surgical operation or something else of the sort. Truly sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back