• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Elevator/Lift Dreams.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
I don't know if this is in the right section, but if it's not, then please move it. Sorry.

Does anyone have dreams of being in the elevator? Where it's just falling, and you're stuck inside? This is a recent dream I had.

I’m working in a Chinese restaurant and the food is awesome. I eat a bit after work, and I suddenly remember that I have to meet someone after this, so I eat quickly and I get out.

I’m walking out of the restaurant and walking towards somewhere, and I pass by a man who looks like a lecturer in my college. I walk towards a building, and the scene changes.

Suddenly I’m on the top most floor of the building (I think it was an apartment), and I need to get down. I’m walking towards the lift when a woman (A pretty woman, by the way) walks out of one of the rooms with only a shirt and no pants, and she says, “Sorry, I forgot something!” before the door of the room closes.

She sees me, and I see her. I press the down button of the lift, and we’re both waiting. Awkward…

The lift arrives. We both look at each other and I take it as she’s letting me get on it first, so I walk in and I had a feeling she’s not coming, so I press the close button and the doors of the lift close. I press the ‘1’ button and the lift goes down.

It goes down and down, until it stops midway. I quirk an eyebrow. Suddenly, it plunges down, and my heart’s beating fast (This isn’t the first time I’ve had a dream of a lift falling). The lowest floor was Floor 1. It can’t go any lower. But it’s still plunging down and I’m crouched in the corner, terrified. I get up and press the ‘open’ button so that the lift would stop and the doors would open, but to no avail.

It’s still falling, I thought it’ll hit the ground and I’ll die from the impact. I shut my eyes, waiting helplessly for the impact. Then I look at the indicator above the doors. It’s going pass ‘1’ and then it shows, ‘The End!’. I’m confused. The lift stops. The doors open and I’m relieved, I think I should get off, but when I’m at the edge of the lift, I stop. I look down. What was down there were just holes within holes; there is no end. If I jump off, I’ll be endlessly falling.

I walk back inside the lift, my heart beating wildly again. What was that??!! The doors of the lift close and I press the ‘1’ button again. I press it desperately, bashing it with my finger. I feel the lift rising, slowly at first, and then just as fast as it was falling, it was rising too quick.

I squat down and my breaths are quick. I curl into a ball and I cover my head with my hands, my eyes shut and my tears threatening to fall (but never did). I haven’t even met that someone I’m supposed to meet.

And then I wake up. I look at the clock. It’s only been half an hour since I slept. Wow.

Last edited:

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Wow, first I'd like to say that that was a pretty intense dream sequence you're describing; I wish my dreams were nearly half as exciting!

I haven't had any elevator dreams to share with you, but I read somewhere that the sensation of falling, like you're really falling, in a dream is due to your soul returning to your body from the astral plane. You may want to look up astral projection, if you believe in that kind of thing. Personally, I don't see the science in it, but hey, it's the only explanation I have for that feeling of falling, so I'll take it.

I suppose the elevator, being such a confined space, could mean you feel, in some way, trapped? Its erratic motions symbolic of the recent turmoil in your life? Exams and such can be such stressors to the teenage mind. As for the other elements of your dream, they are much to abstract for me to try an interpret, so I don't know. :/

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've had dreams of falling and being at great heights, but never a dream within an elevator

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Wow, first I'd like to say that that was a pretty intense dream sequence you're describing; I wish my dreams were nearly half as exciting!

I guess...? :/ I do laugh sometimes when I wake up.

I haven't had any elevator dreams to share with you, but I read somewhere that the sensation of falling, like you're really falling, in a dream is due to your soul returning to your body from the astral plane. You may want to look up astral projection, if you believe in that kind of thing. Personally, I don't see the science in it, but hey, it's the only explanation I have for that feeling of falling, so I'll take it.

Yeah, I remember my friend telling me that too. I have a lot of these dreams, where I'm just falling.

I suppose the elevator, being such a confined space, could mean you feel, in some way, trapped? Its erratic motions symbolic of the recent turmoil in your life? Exams and such can be such stressors to the teenage mind. As for the other elements of your dream, they are much to abstract for me to try an interpret, so I don't know. :/

Hahaha. I thought so. Exams are probably stressing me out.

I've had dreams of falling and being at great heights, but never a dream within an elevator

I have a lot of dreams where I'm just falling and I can see myself falling, as if though I'm not in my body. Same for elevator dreams, sometimes I see it in first person, sometimes in third person.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Retaining some relevance, I used to have quite a few dreams of falling down escalators, actually. I must say, being in a dream sequece of a falling elevator must be quite the experience to have, as I'm sure it's bound to be rather unique in comparison to other such falling sequences, because you're still retaining some form of grounding. I'm just wondering, are the elevator dreams the most prevalent ones of falling, or is it something else?

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Shinkirō;5241241 said:
Retaining some relevance, I used to have quite a few dreams of falling down escalators, actually. I must say, being in a dream sequece of a falling elevator must be quite the experience to have, as I'm sure it's bound to be rather unique in comparison to other such falling sequences, because you're still retaining some form of grounding. I'm just wondering, are the elevator dreams the most prevalent ones of falling, or is it something else?

I've never had dreams of falling down escalators (except once I had a dream I was stuck in an escalator). I really don't know whether elevator dreams are the most prevalent ones or if it's something different, but I think of them the same as falling dreams, except I'm just stuck in an elevator. It could just mean that someone has problems and elevators symbolize those problems, like LongLiveLife said earlier.

O

Oberon

I had a similar experience just this morning. I woke up at 7:30, fell asleep... had a pretty intricate dream that lasted at least an hour in terms of time within the events, then I wake up and it's 7:38. :/

One type of dream I've had in the past is dreams of climbing ropes to the clouds in the sky (for presumably, heaven). They were very weird, like my brother or someone else I know would be climbing them, and I feel like I should be too. And I feel really depressed for not climbing those ropes. Oh and by the way it wasn't -just- ropes, it was all kinds of contraptions... like a mid-sky journey to reach the sky. Very strange... I had that dream two nights in a row when I was little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back