• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Emo/Scene The new Hippie's?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity's End

ars gratia artis
Last night I had an odd thought, back in the 70/80's, being a hippie was the "style. Wearing vibrant colours long hair, smoking tree...(not that it makes you a hippie) weird necklaces etc..

So Emo/Scene is becoming more and more popular as a social style...Tight pants, band tee's,small sweater's etc..., so my question is...are emo's and scene kids the new hippie's of our generation?

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
while the official answer is yes, that it is a trend so to speak, the views of both groups are particulary different hippies were the happy "peace out" sorta guys, emo's are melancholic suicidal group overall

evil_kenshin

Yes, I know there almost "opposites" but the what I was trying to say is, we remember the 70's as the hippies, will they remember the "2000" as the Scene/emo Kids?

not particularly i mean no offense to those who want to called emo, but their just goth copycats in terms of how they dress, in any case i don't find this as likely because the only reason we remember hippies is mainly due to them protesting against the vietnam war, and emo's don't go and protest about whats happening to others, emo's are way more selfish than hippies and wallow in their own self pity

evil_kenshin

I'm still including the scene kids, I'm saying...in 20 years, will our generation be remember for wearing girl jeans and tight sweaters? Or something else.

lol i don't know how many different ways i can say it but no, in terms of comparison there has been many fads over time yet apart from hippies (which we only remember cause of the vietnam war and woodstock and stuff) we don't label and entire generation based on it nor will emo's be remembered

T

Tyler Durden

Of course people remember tight pants and sweaters on girls. The guys, at least.

But, the emos will be remembered as the whiny bitches who's 'mommy never loved them'.

Attention whores.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Of course people remember tight pants and sweaters on girls. The guys, at least.

But, the emos will be remembered as the whiny bitches who's 'mommy never loved them'.

Attention whores.
Oh shut the **** up. Not all emo's cry and wtf is wrong with crying in the first place?((As long as you don't do where people can see you))).

No not all of them are Attention whores. What football players etc and preps arn't attention whores at all? ahaha.

This is like saying''All football players are stupid.'' All preps are stuck up bitches. All goths worship Satan.

Come off of it. Not all Emo's cut them self or cry about everything, not all footballs players are stupid and not all preps are stuck up.

Emo is more like a fashion thing now anyway..

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Heh, I suppose that you're right. It's just funny to think of it like that, seeing as hippies were all, "Yeah, man. Life is BEAUTIFUL!!" and emos are typically like, "Life sucks. I hate people."

Hmmm...

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
No. Just no. Question: do you know what hippies stood for? Peace, love, freedom, equality, protecting the environment,etc. THEY DID SOMETHING WITH THERE LIVES. Emos, the ones i've met, don't read the newspapers, don't pay attention to the scientific research, don't care about the world around them. They like complaining and watching the latest <insert emo band here> video. It's an insult to the hippies, most of which went through hell for there beliefs, to call emos there equivalent .

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Emos, the ones i've met, don't read the newspapers, don't pay attention to the scientific research, don't care about the world around them. They like complaining and watching the latest <insert emo band here> video.
Oh yes, all Emos are like that..

banana-1.gif

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
^ your missing the point. If they really cared, if they really wanted change, etc. they do instead of complaining.

You my friend, are stupidly politically correct: stereo types exist because the majority are, not all. You can keep clenching to the minority all you want, but in a democratic situation, the majority always speaks louder.EX. I'm a hardcore punk kid(which are a dying breed): i know most hardcore punks kids do drugs, but i'm straightedge. Me being straight edge doesn't change the fact that they are doing drugs.No, but people will see it as if i was doing drugs because i'm hardcore punk. IT'S TO BE EXPECTED. Just because the minority doesn't do the clichic things, doesn't mean the whole doesn't.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I see you're point, I'm just saying. Yes some bitch about the pointless stuff..

But, half of these kids claiming to be emo now days, doesn't even know what it stands for.

Thats why I see it becoming more of a fashion thing..

T

Tyler Durden

So, in effect, they are attention whores. =/

And Snowy, what are Charvs??

T

Tyler Durden

Did I say preps weren't? No. Simply emos are the ones being discussed here.

Everyone, or at least almost everyone, wants attention. Especially in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back