• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Emo/Scene The new Hippie's?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
ON THAT NAM THING:
We where doomed anyways, we couldn't advance and we ended up killing civilians. Not a glorious war to say the least.
they were desperate, which is why they used the tet offensive, which i believe wiped out a great deal of them. it was public opinion that made use lose...and the fact that the US has sucked int he alst 50 years

Mezmerize

Myspace Forever!
I think people will look back on the 2000-2010 period as the "Scene/Emo" era. Mainly because MySpace is filled with them. And the style seems to hit one place and spread like a plague. I wanted to be called emo just months ago. Then i realized...wow...what a dumb thing to be called. Even though most people just seem to go through it as a phase, i still think people will look back and say, "Wow. We were such an emo group of kids."

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
They're elves.

Without the magic, longevity and wisdom, but with all the arrogance, holier-than-thou attitude and disdain of technology.

Elves > Hippies.

C

cam ron 77

i think this is more the bling bling generation then em/scene generation i dunno

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
It is a trend now. Some kids will actually believe that their life sucks even if it doesn't to cut themselves.

Now, I know what you're saying. Is our generation gonna be remembered by the emos? I don't think so. Maybe, but I believe the "gangster" style will be more remembered as it is more known both on the net and irl. Shootings, drug dealings. What do they have in common? Gangsters. That being said, since gangsters impact the society more than the emo/scene kids, I believe we'll be remembered for being gangster, although since our community is so diverse nowadays, emo and scene kids might be in a close second.

Fuse

When will we surrender?
It is largely stemming from Myspace.
Hair in the face, black hair, Band T shirts, pictures taken from above the head, blah blah blah.

A lot of my friends do it =/
And it is pretty much just a trend and will probably go away whenever some new trend comes around.

Vanilla

Oh wow, very hurtful words to the ears of an actual "emo." :eek:
I do agree that emo's, and scene kids are very different. Emos
are dark, and emotional, scene kids are basicly wannabe emos and
have a great sense of style if i may say. ;3

I hardly think that the 2000s will be remembered as the "emo/scene" era.
I think it's mainly gangstars as stated and stylish preps. Hippies and emos have
almost nothing in common:

1.) emo's are loners, hippies are "connected with mother earth"
2.) emo's are selfish, while hippies were concerned with our planet and our rights
3.) hippies actually did things, emo's simply stayed in emotional states
4.) hippis were popular in their time, many people detest emo's

It's simple, hippies and emo's have nothing in common, and emo's will never
be as popular and as important as hippies were in their own right. ;3

doomprinny said:
1.) emo's are loners, hippies are "connected with mother earth"
No, hippies are connected with drug dealers. So if that, they're not connected at all in the head. Pot heads.

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
eh i think dressing in tight jeans, tight shirts, etc is just a choice of style...if u think u look good in it go right ahead...but then i know some hardcore emotional people who have to dramatize everypart of their lives..its lame...to me being scene is all about having fun,but being emo just to be cool is pretty lame

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
This decade will be known as the reign of Warlock George W Bush. May he drink the blood of Iraq's children!

Joo stealed Borat's joke.

I have to disagree with one point, doomprinny, but it's probably just because of the way things are where I live. Emo is pretty damn popular; they aren't really the minority at all, and it's not uncommon to see a whole load of them on the streets. They're the majority where I live; but they still seem to be looked down upon by the minority, which is weird... o_O; I hope that made sense...

Infinity's End

ars gratia artis
*sigh*

Lots of people missed my point,
I did not say hippies and emos are alike.
I was merely trying to say that we remember the 70's as hippies, so will 2000-2010 be remembered as the emo and scene kids?

Trust me, I know the difference between emo and scene, so don't get me started on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back