• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ending cutscene: Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Batz

Let me see if I can provide a convincing explanation for why Kairi was there. OK so everybody in the universe would go back to the world they were on when either the barrier fell or their world was destroyed. Whatever the case, it would mean that when the barrier went up, Kairi would be on Destiny Islands, not Traverse Town. We all know this, it is obvious. Now no matter where she was in the universe, when Sora, Donald, and Goofy defeated Ansem, she would suddenly find herself on Destiny Islands. Alright then, what was she doing at Kingdom Hearts? Remember that End of the World is made of the remnants of all the worlds the Heartless destroyed, which is why the first fight against Ansem is on the illusion of Destiny Islands, or rather the remnants of it. The battle against Ansem started there and eventually found its way literally to Kingdom Hearts' doorstep. It could be argued that Destiny Islands's remains were right near Kingdom Hearts at the time, for whatever reason (maybe, since it is the Heartless world, Ansem can manipulate it at will) and that after the fight it began to reform there. So we have Destiny Islands forming right in front of Kingdom Hearts and we already said that Kairi would appear on Destiny Islands. There you go. Sora was at Kingdom Hearts and Kairi was on Destiny Islands, both being right next to each other, which gave both characters a chance to bid each other an indefinite goodbye. I think a better question is how did Sora, Donald, and Goofy appear on Castle Oblivion's world (along with Pluto, carrying a letter from King Mickey all the while). What connection does Castle Oblivion have with Kingdom Hearts? I guess we'll find out. As for why Sora didn't jump to where Kairi was, well couldn't tell ya on a dime. I have no idea but if I think of one, I'll tell you. I don't think it was to save Riku and King Mickey, though, since the door to darkness wasn't there anymore and whatever other world they may have ended up in would theoretically have been the world they live in forever since travel between worlds is now impossible (until the next game, as always). So it wouldn't have made a difference, but who knows? I hoped that helped.

Joey Batz

I'm not saying that he wouldn't have tried to find Riku. I'm just saying that, as far as he knew at the time, staying at Kingdom Hearts when the barrier went up would have been pointless in that it wouldn't have brought him any closer to or farther from Riku and Mickey. All it did was separate him from Kairi. I'm not saying that there wasn't a reason for him to not jump, I just don't think that was it.

Mr Despair

Life's a depressing joke
Welshcake said:
One question: On the ending Cutscene of KH, how did Kairi get to the End of the world?

It's magic..nothing to it..The End of the World is where all the worlds end up when they are destroyed, maybe all the things that belonged to the world came back once Sora beat Ansem....maybe...

Y

YNXOT

Well I Was Playing Yesterday And I Like Yesterday And I Was Like I Mean Ive Played This Game A Lot But I Like How Kairi Was Inside Of Sora The Whole Time Of The Game And I Loved That Part It Was Sad!

Ssj7Crono

Website
www.myspace.com
none of the explainations here provide me with the answer i am looking for on how kairi apeared at the end of the world/destiny islands at the ending of the game. its like she popped up there or something. kinda like sora popped up at twilight town at the beggining of the game. it weird how people pop into worlds like that out of nowhere.

Joey Batz

I already gave you the answer (well AN answer. I'm not infallible). Yes, you are right. She DID pop up there. She was standing in Traverse Town, waiting for someone to run up to her and press the X button so she could recite the same three lines of dialogue over and over, when all of a sudden Traverse Town disappeared around her and she was on a platform of sand next to a path that led to a door (that's why when we first see Kairi, she appears "slightly" confused). For some reason that she couldn't explain, Sora was there and they bid each other a tearful goodbye as the sand platform drifted away from him and turned in Destiny Islands. So yes, she pretty much DID pop up there. What I'd like to know is, when Ansem sent her to Destiny Islands when she was little, did she just pop up there too?

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Ssj7Crono said:
none of the explainations here provide me with the answer i am looking for on how kairi apeared at the end of the world/destiny islands at the ending of the game. its like she popped up there or something. kinda like sora popped up at twilight town at the beggining of the game. it weird how people pop into worlds like that out of nowhere.

And as we said, none of us know for sure, if you're that bothered go email Nomura.

There is a reason why Sora pops up in Twilight Town, but that would be spoiling...

RagnarokZero

Website
www.tbs-online.net
DARK RIKU 92 said:
couldnt sora just picked her up and flew her to the other side???????

She was too heavy? Or maybe it was the fact that he didn't want to see her anymore. I mean, he'd leave Kairi for Riku, wow... talk about some yaoi decisions there...

Ssj7Crono

Website
www.myspace.com
Joey Batz said:
I already gave you the answer (well AN answer. I'm not infallible). Yes, you are right. She DID pop up there. She was standing in Traverse Town, waiting for someone to run up to her and press the X button so she could recite the same three lines of dialogue over and over, when all of a sudden Traverse Town disappeared around her and she was on a platform of sand next to a path that led to a door (that's why when we first see Kairi, she appears "slightly" confused). For some reason that she couldn't explain, Sora was there and they bid each other a tearful goodbye as the sand platform drifted away from him and turned in Destiny Islands. So yes, she pretty much DID pop up there. What I'd like to know is, when Ansem sent her to Destiny Islands when she was little, did she just pop up there too?
well out of all the places to pop up why in front of Sora at the end of the world? why not pop up somewhere esle? i read somewhere that all the worlds have been restored and all the chracters went bak to where they were originally from, well since Kairi is from Hallow Bastion, why not there? its her original world home, isnt it?
And to answer ur question on why ansem sent kairi to destiny islands read Ansem Report number 11, it should explain it. if u still dont get it ask me again, i should be able to answer it.

Joey Batz

Ssj7Crono said:
well out of all the places to pop up why in front of Sora at the end of the world? why not pop up somewhere esle? i read somewhere that all the worlds have been restored and all the chracters went bak to where they were originally from, well since Kairi is from Hallow Bastion, why not there? its her original world home, isnt it?
And to answer ur question on why ansem sent kairi to destiny islands read Ansem Report number 11, it should explain it. if u still dont get it ask me again, i should be able to answer it.

To answer your question out of order, I know WHY she was sent there, I was just wondering how. People in Square RPG's have a nasty habit of doing enormously out of the ordinary things without an explanation of how or what it was like or what it involved ("I just so happened to transcend the existence of the body", "I came back from the dead because I was not ready to die and willed my spirit back to the living. I really, really did not want to die", or "I sent this girl across the universe to another world. Maybe I used a ship, or maybe I used a door, or maybe I picked her up and threw her really hard and she just so happened to land on the world with TWO Keyblade Masters. Hurrah!").

As for why she popped up there, well remember I said that the remains of Destiny Islands were pretty much right near where you fought the final battle. Ansem could probably shift the "worlds" in the Heartless' End of the World around at will. Kingdom Hearts is probably the core of that world (the heart of that world perhaps?) so he probably moved, just for the battle, what remained of Destiny Islands right next to that core when or before Sora arrived (which is why the battle starts out at Destiny Islands and spills over into Kingdom Hearts). Therefore, it was right there when the worlds began to reform. As for why Kairi went there instead of Hollow Bastion, I believe you end up on the last world you were on that was destroyed (Destiny Islands), not the world you were born on (Hollow Bastion). I read that somewhere, possibly on this site, I don't remember. Kairi's appearing on Destiny Islands at least heavily implies that this is true.

lostdude

YNXOT said:
Well I Was Playing Yesterday And I Like Yesterday And I Was Like I Mean Ive Played This Game A Lot But I Like How Kairi Was Inside Of Sora The Whole Time Of The Game And I Loved That Part It Was Sad!

ummm....what? this made me laugh:D to many likes
anyway i think she got there because of her strong heart and since the door and destiny islands were so close

Hey! Guest dude! Why don't you join? It's free! Plus you get your own tricked out username and everything?

Now, I honestly don't think Kairi got there because of her strong heart, I'm going with what Joey Batz said. By the way, can anyone tell me how to start a thread?

[-JF-]

Well, you know how Sora,Donald en Goofy appear back on Destiny Island when they open the pink door at the end of the game? You then fight Ansem, Darkside, and again Ansem by yourself. After that you pop up in Kingdom Hearts where you have to fight Final Ansem. What i,m saying is, if DI and KH are so close to each other, and Kairi appeared back on her island, it,s no wonder she popped up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back