• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

12chris12

I'm just tired of this now. Were getting closer and closer to the release of Birth By Sleep and yet Square Enix still refuse to comment on whether or not the game is being released on the PSN! Months ago on the Playatation blog it was said that they would have an announcement soon, a month until release and still nothing. Has anyone heard or seen anything anywhere?

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I'm just tired of this now. Were getting closer and closer to the release of Birth By Sleep and yet Square Enix still refuse to comment on whether or not the game is being released on the PSN! Months ago on the Playatation blog it was said that they would have an announcement soon, a month until release and still nothing. Has anyone heard or seen anything anywhere?

I found this here----

Explanation why BbS is not on the PSN, nor Demos [Archive] - KH-Vids.Net Forum

I searched for threads informing people why SE haven't uploaded BbS into the PSN, or why no demos have been released to the public - just in controlled areas. But since none were found, I'll post one up! If this is in a wrong sec or someone already posted this in KH-Vids, let me know.

(trust me, NO spoilers beyond this point)

Ok. Getting all techky here so if you don't get it, ask =]

The UMD released with a 6.20 PSP OFW update in order to play it.
Some people in the US, Japan, and China, have been working hard to play it on their Memory Sticks. (not just because of this game, but for future games with 6.20 OFW).

Couple days later, major coders and hackers gave up since the codes inside the game (EBOOT.BIN) were too complex, and also because of the fact that the game itself checks for CFW 4 FREAKING TIMES!

During Game Boot
During Saving
After finishing a wold
Autosaving

The checks were discovered using methods not allowed to discussed in this forum, but proved real by gamers.

"Why would you care?"

There is another check that finds out if the game is being loaded from the MS. When it's activated, it crashes the game. Because it was made to act this way, there is no PSN download available. Imagine that you shell out 50 bucks for a PSN game that won't even start on your PSP GO or Slim or Phat because it was meant to crash when booting from a Memory other than the UMD..........

**throws PSP Go at a bravia tv @bestbuy like the EU commercial**

"Okay, so that's why no PSN....?"

Disney doesn't like Pirates, besides their own from the Caribbean.
When they found out games were getting cracked pretty easily on the PSP, Disney ordered SE NOT to release any public demos (unlike any other hyped games like FF) to prevent the game being distributed illegally.

This goes all the way back to KH1. That's why no free demos were given... There are some rumors that a KH2 demo was released with another game, but I don't know if that's true... Prob'ly not.

This game is just the 1st of many more to come that will put an end to piracy on the PSP. Now, I don't want to piss people off by saying
"ooh! you're a hacker, and your time is up!"
or
"ooh! i'm a hacker and I am going to hell and get squirrlaids"
(RWJ) lol

This thread was made to those who have ?'s about why this and why that about the game and not the content.
Also to let people catch up in case they were following the events.

Again, if you got other questions NOT REGARDING where to get some stuff, or links to "THOSE" sites, feel free to ask.

impart

Climb The Sky
uhhh I dono what to say.
I wouldn't count on it being put out on the PSN,
it might though...
good luck

I hear were getting updates soon, but I think they're just going to be about re-coded, and KH3D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Didn't you ask this same question not too long ago? Even a direct email to SE asking about this will just get you a link to the Playstation page where it clearly states "UMD only."

I think I read that before. Thanks for the link; it clears everything up.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
Like others alll i can tell you is don't get too hopeful. Most likely it isn't gonna happen.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Sorry, dude, it's UMD only - it says so on the Square Enix page.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Um, they DID talk about whether or not the game would be released on PSN. And what was there answer? No. Heck, it was on the front page about a week ago, how did you not know this already?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Um, they DID talk about whether or not the game would be released on PSN. And what was there answer? No. Heck, it was on the front page about a week ago, how did you not know this already?

Some people never check the front page because if there's any news, it'll hit the forums first, and it's entirely possible to miss stuff in the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back