• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eternity's Gate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Tayke's hand hit the sword with a loud clang. It hurt him. His shoulder still killed and he was losing blood fast. He looked up at the man and the girl in his arms. Tayke looked back down at his fist that hit the sword. Tayke fell to his knees. He lost. It was over. The man looked at the girl. “Hold on to me tight alright.” And at that, flames started shooting out of the man's feet. They were gone. Captain Tayke Ritt of the Royal Army had lost. He had let an intruder, and more importantly, a woman, D10, escape. His position would be compromised. He couldn't let that happen. He wouldn't!

Tayke looked up, determination stretched across his face. "Gendou..." he said, turning to him, "This isn't over just yet. You and I will find her!" Tayke got up slowly and walked across the floor to his sword. He picked it up and looked at the blade where the intruder's blood had stained it. The girl had said something to him, just before they left. Tayke kept replaying it in his mind. He smiled. Captain Tayke Ritt had an idea."

"Sasaria..."

Lady Aino

Left behind in the wake of the rescuer, Gracie put what energy she had into catching up. She wanted to help but she didn't really understand why. What was propelling her to follow after them and offer them what services she could? Was it so she too could be free? Gracie shook her head. There was more to it but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

The light streaming in from her bedroom had now vanished and the tunnel grew darker and darker. Out stretching her arm, Gracie felt along the ice cold walls until her eyes were able to adjust. She figured the two hadn't gone far but then again she never knew what abilities the two possessed. Perhaps they were successfully making their way through the tunnels. Gracie frowned, the idea of being completely useless setting in.

Why does it bother me so much? Before all this I barely knew the girl. So why do I want to help her? There has got to be an answer for all these emotions.

Before continuing onward she heard the faint voice of a man and a woman. She strained to listen.
"“So hop on and let's get a move on it.”
It was them. D10 and her rescuer. Softly, Gracie whispered in the distance.

"Please wait. It's me; the woman you fell in on not to long ago." Gracie feared they wouldn't allow to continue onwards with them. If that was the case, she would simply go her own way and face the punishment that possibly waited for her in the future. "You may need some help navigating these tunnels. I would be more than willing to help." Even though the chances of them seeing her were slim, Gracie bowed showing them both respect and manners. She was grateful for whatever they offered.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Gendou pulled the tip of the sword out from the floor. Due to the amount of the blade that was stuck in, the shaking came to an immediate stop. With his armor being somewhat of a weight, Gendou wouldn't be able to keep up. Not to mention Gendou did not know the layout of the pathway. But, what he did know is that they will have to leave the fortress eventually.

"Gendou... This isn't over just yet. You and I will find her!"

"Tayke," Gendou said, his golden eye focused on him. "Gather a small force and go in after them. You do not need to necessarily find them, just flush the out of the fortress. Once their feet touch the ground, they will be mine." With that, Gendou turned and left the small area where they were fighting.

Gendou soon found himself in a hallway on about the 3rd floor. After looking around for a moment, he found a stairway down to the first floor. Aside from the still blaring siren, Gendou's footsteps was all he could hear. After a quick decent, Gendou walked to a sealed door that seemed it would normally be used as an entrance. Gendou rammed his sword into the center of the door and pried it open. After moving the remains of the door aside, sunlight blinded Gendou and warmed his skin. After waiting a couple of seconds for his pupils to dilate, Gendou noticed the sky. Large, black clouds were coming in from the north, most likely bringing a storm with it. Gendou slightly smiled as he walked a few yards away from the entrance and turned around, facing it. He let the tip of the blade rest on the ground and lazily sat his hands on top of the hilt. Gendou waited, like a cat waits for mice, for the group to leave the fortress.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
Sasaria listened to Jet introduce himself and then look around the tunnels for any sign of followers. She could sense someone following them but then she heard a voice in the distance. Jet took it upon himself to demand that they begin to move ahead since he knew the government would come for them so she agreed. Looking down at her feet covered in sewer water, she watched Jet crouch down in front of her and offer her a piggyback ride. Hesitant at first, she stepped back and then realized she didn’t want to walk in this sludge. Walking up close to him, she wrapped her arms around his neck and then climbed up on him until he had his grip in her. She smiled as she peeked over his shoulder and laughed.

“Thank you…” She giggled as her hair tickled his neck and she looked beyond the darkness of the tunnel.

A few minutes later Gracie appeared from the darkness and bowed down in front of them. Sasaria tried to understand the reason behind bowing but she had never seen kindness before in her life, except for Jet and Gracie. She felt a little embarrassed being held by Jet and Gracie was walking like she should be. Resting her head on Jet’s shoulder, she scanned Gracie and began to fell calmness about her.

“There is no need to bow.” She said shyly and smiled. “So why are you so worried about us?”

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Phew, you guys post fast. I haven't got much access at the moment during the weekend, but I can post now at last.

IC: Being in the tube had a strange, but significant impact on Faith. She fought hard to remember who she was and why she was here. But it seemed that the more time she spent at this facility, in this particular lab, the more that she would suffer from mild amnesia and forget who she really was. The scientist and his assistant, whom both had been watching her, had left for the time being and allowed her to drown in her own misery and torture. I have to remember who I am, she thought. I can't forget who I am! But the drugs that she had been given had their side effects, of course, and the mild amnesia had been a result of that. Faith wanted to cry, but couldn't. As the drugs slowly kicked in, she slowly blacked out and entered a dark coma that lasted for several hours. It was only hours later that she heard riots going on. As soon as she opened her eyes, there was a man standing there with a scythe on his back.

She looked confused and almost screamed when he slashed the glass and it shattered into pieces. Faith felt the small drop to the floor and coughed when the water had gone on the floor and the oxygen mask slipped off the lower part of her face. She kept on coughing, even when the mysterious man asked if she was someone called D10. Faith looked at him confused when she could finally breathe. She didn't reply at first, but heard his thoughts in his mind: I have to find D10. Her body started shaking, mainly out of fear. At least the scythe was away, anyway, but it didn't lessen the fear that was coursing throughout her entire soul. "I ..." she began to say, but couldn't find the words to speak. "I ... don't know. I ... don't know who I am. Why am I here?" Faith tried to rise to her feet, but fell because she was too weak. She turned back to face him. "Who are you? What's going on here?"

Lady Aino

“So why are you so worried about us?”

Gracie blushed from the question. "I know it may sound strange but I don't really know to be completely honest. I've waited so long for something to happen that would allow me to see the outside world again and when you two came crashing down I suddenly got this feeling that this was it." A knot tightened in her stomach. Her answer sounded ungrateful and selfish. Even though she too was forced to stay within the fortress, she still had a better life than most of the other girls there. She wasn't hooked up to machines on a daily basis and she was allowed to roam where ever she pleased.

"My answer sounds selfish doesn't it?" Gracie twisted a thick silver band around her thumb as she spoke. "While I am doing this for myself in a way, there is a part of me that does want to help. I guess it's in my blood. I've always wanted to be a mother and have someone to look after." A faint smile spread across her face but it quickly died.

"Sorry if my answer wasn't what you were looking for. But if you will allow me, I would love to accompany you two. I know the fortress very well and I have some supplies that may be of use." Gracie stepped closer to the two, the water bubbling as she moved. Reaching deep into a pocket of her dress, Gracie pulled out a small candle that showed previous use. Digging around in another pocket she reached out and revealed a match.

With such a damp environment it took a few tries to get the match lit. Eventually a small little aura of light filled the once dark tunnel. "This will make things a little easier I'm guessing."

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Tayke looked at Gendou as he turned to leave and frowned. Same old Gendou. Tayke had no shot at catching up with the runaways through the tunnel. Unless of course...he had a fast vehicle. Tayke took out his walkie talkie and spoke into it.

"I want Squad 34 down into the tunnels. Bring a tank and the Fenrirs from the garage," he said. Tayke looked around at the big open room he was left to stand in. It was cold, dark, and damp. Down into the tunnel it got much darker, and Tayke knew it ledto the sewers. It wouldn't be easy to find them, but Tayke would stop at nothing to make sure D10 was in his clutches. Within minutes the Royal Army Squad 34 arrived with the tank and the motorcycles Tayke had suggested. Tayke grabbed one and mounted it, as the rest of the squad mounted their's. Four men got into the tank, one to steer, two to work the turrets, and one to work the large-caliber tank gun. The tank traveled at higher velocities than most tanks.

Tayke started his engine first, and was the first one in the tunnel. Behind him rode 4 men on Fenrirs, 4 in the tank, and another two on Fenrirs behind the tank. This was enough men to overpower two girls, a traitor, and an intruder, right? The group traveled at around 40mph, as this was the fastest the tank could go. The tank was really only built to go 20, but it had the power to go 40, though a possibility of it breaking down.

After minutes they had traveled deep into the sewers. The sounds of their vehicles echoed through the halls. "D10," Tayke called out. "You are avoiding arrest from the Royal Army, and the penalty is death. But since we cannot kill you, why don't you show yourself now to avoid any missing limbs!" They began to speed up through the halls. They would have her. Soon enough....

Soon enough...

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
OOC:I slapped myself silly when I saw this. You guys are fast!

IC: A cloud of inky black shadow dissolved into existence just as Gracie lit the candle. The candle's light normally might have hindered the darkness, but this particular darkness was different. The cloud slowly expanded until it formed an ovular mass of swirling shadows.

Out of the portal calmly strode Xelnor, clad in his usual attire. That ebony trench coat over ebony clohes, a hood always upon his head so that only his nose and mouth showed. Gauntleted hand hanging over his sides with relaxation, he took a step closer to the trio trying to escape, his boots splashing in the filthy water.

"It seems I've arrived from my trip just in time. Let's see here." He scrutinized the three, a twisted playing on his thin lips. "D10, Gracie, and...well, someone. The leader of the gang, I presume?"

Xelnor took a step closer. It was quite a convenience to find himself in the action after his chaotic trip across the country and back. He sensed that much confusion revolved around the three, and he could hear the distant sounds of engines coming closer.

"I'm afraid you're caught in a web. You see, I'm blocking your way, and that should be Tayke and a group of his men coming along right now." Xelnor raised his arms. "Well, what can you do?"

"D10. You are avoiding arrest from the Royal Army, and the penalty is death. But since we cannot kill you, why don't you show yourself now to avoid any missing limbs!"

Xelnor smirked. Everything was falling into place already.

Last edited:

GodofDeath

Aeriona's Guardian
“No problem.” Jet said a little surprised that Sasaria was so complaint with riding on his back, as initially he believed that it would take a bit more convincing. Standing up properly Jet placed his left arm behind himself and underneath Sasaria so that it was easier to hold her in place.
“Comfortable?” Jet asked just as soon as he finished positioning Sasaria on his back so that she would be better relaxed, he quickly turned around before hearing her answer to face the foot steps and voice in the distance. Staring at Gracie Jet went to ask her something about why it was she chose to follow them, but hearing what Sasaria said, he realized that she had already managed to beat him to the punch.

“Her-, actually never mind.” Jet said as he brought his right hand towards Gracie’s candle in order to light it for her with his powers but before he could she had already managed to light it herself with a match. Taking a good look at her in the candle light, Jet thought about what Gracie had said and weighed in his head the benefits versus the disadvantages of allowing her to tag along.
“I give you credit for giving us an honest answer, and now that I think about it if it wasn’t for your help, both Sasaria and I would probably be still be stuck defending ourselves back in that room. So if you honestly think it’s a good idea to come along with us be my gue-” Jet said stopping in the middle of his sentence as he noticed the strange dark cloud that had just appeared.
“Just perfect…” Jet mumbled with a hint of annoyance underneath his breath, as he seemed completely unimpressed by the entrance of the dark cloaked figure that stood in front of them. Jet stood patiently and simply rolled his eyes as he listened to the man’s dreary effort at threatening them, knowing that the passage way that they were currently in was much too narrow for Tayke and his men to continue a purist in vehicles.

“I dunno first some big bad guys are chasing us from behind and now some super scary dude in a cloak is trying to block our way forward? My goodness just what could we possibly do now?” Jet asked sarcastically as he turned to face the cloaked figure so that he was standing between the figure and Sasaria, who he held onto a bit tighter on his back, and Gracie.
“Hmmm…I wonder…oh wait I guess we only have one other way left.” Jet said after he pretended to actually as he brought his right hand forward and extended out his index finger so that it pointed upward while finishing his sentence.
“And that’s up.” Jet said with a grin as a flame formed around his index finger before quickly consuming his entire hand in a bright orange flame. Then in the split second before he shot a giant fire blast up at the ceiling he quickly moved his hand so that blast was sent at the cloaked man who was attempting to block their way.

Even if his attack didn’t end up hurting the cloaked figure, Jet knew new the blast he sent was simply to large to simply dodge and hoped with that fact it would serve as a decent distraction, at least long enough for the three to escape.
“Let’s all get a move on it shall we.” Jet said as he looked back at Sasaria to make she was still alright on his back. Before he went to try and grab Gracie with his right hand the second after the flame around it extinguished and then quickly started to make a mad dash towards the fork in the passageway, which he trusted Gracie would know the way from.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
The group was halted as they came to a sharp turn. The passageway was much too narrow to bring the tank and Fenrirs in. The group had a lot of firepower on them though, so they would continue on foot with their guns, bows, staves, and swords. Tayke led the party. Up ahead they spotted 4 figures. They started into a slow sprint towards the figures. One was facing opposite the direction of the others, halting their passage. One, a more feminine figure, was on the back of another masculine figure, with one more female behind them. The intruder pointed his finger up, and soon, the hall was lit up by a blinding flame. The flame traveled upward, breaking a hole into the ceiling. This was no doubt, the intruder. On his back, D10, Sasaria. The intruder stuck his hand down through the hole and pulled up one of the two remaining figures. The Squad 34 began shooting them, but their bullets and arrows missed.

Tayke stepped forward to meet the remaining figure. As he got closer, his eyes adjusted and he saw who it was. "Xelnor, its a pleasure," he said to him. He reached into his pocket and took out the walkie talkie.

"Gendou, Gendou do you read? Our intruder took two ladies and is no longer in the sewers, but now in the tunnels above them. Initiate a complete underground search for them. Guard the perimeter as well. We will lead them out to you and your men, and you shall fire at will." Tayke shut of the walkie talkie and called for Squad 34.

The Squad hurried back for a Fenrir and brought it back. They propped it against the wall so that one might climb it and crawl through the hole. Tayke grabbed it and prepared to climb up into the hole.

Lady Aino

While she may not have looked like it, Gracie was quick on her feet and managed to keep up with the young man. The tunnel was wide but just barely for the two of them to be running side by side. From time to time Gracie could feel their shoulders touch causing her stumble every now and then. As they neared the fork in the passageway Gracie pointed to the left.

"I know this is a little bit of a bad time but my name is Gracie. Gracie Jyoti." She hoped the two had managed to hear what she said over the sloshing sound of their feet cutting through the water. Concentrating back on the task at hand, Gracie focused remembering the intricate layout of the fortress's underground tunnel system. She knew the tunnel they were in now was a bit long but that as soon as they came to the next fork they would end up near one of the secret rooms she had established in the past.

"Only a few more feet until the next fork. When we get there turn to the right. Don't hesitate, just do it." As they neared the fork Gracie dashed ahead. As she rounded to the right she came to a dead end. Pressing her hands against the wall she smiled. As the water around her ankles settled she listened carefully to see if anyone else was following them. From the lack of sound she figured they were safe.

Carefully Gracie tapped a series of bricks in an order only she knew. When she was finished the bricks retracted into the wall to reveal an keypad. It wasn't as high tech as Gracie would have liked but it still did the job. This time she entered a numeric code to reveal a well lit and spacious room. "Hurry inside before they discover us." Gracie stepped inside and headed straight for an old wooden chest.

ooc: i'm sorry if my posts aren't that long :[

Essence of Elegy

Awards
Xelnor feigned a yawn as the blast of fire made its way towards him. His mind was equally bored as it quickly found the solution to the problem. Certainly the attack was far too wide to dodge, but Xelnor didn't appeal to the whole "get out of the way!" thing.

He summoned his Noxus Tunnel, positioning it under his feet. Almost instantly he slipped into its depths before it moved to a place behind the trio. Well, where the trio had been. When Xelnor seemingly glided upward out of the portal, he noticed the three had escaped into a separate fork.

He was met moments later by Tayke. "Xelnor, it's a pleasure."

"My regards, Tayke." He examined where the three had disappeared. "It looks like I am yet again late for the occasion. If you wish to prevent their escape, then you'd best follow them with haste. As for me, I shall wait at the perimeter." Without further notice, Xelnor walked to the end of the tunnel where it turned sharply to the left and then to the right, which in turn rose up a spiral stair case. He calmly ascended.

On the outside, he met Gendou. "I presume you're here for the same reason?" Xelnor asked Gendou.

BlackmageAp

Awards
Jon raised an eyebrow as she looked fearfully at him. He then realized that slashing the tube with his scythe to get this girl out might have been a tad excessive. He scratched his head, and bowed slightly to the girl.

"I do hope you'll forgive me for that."

When she finally began to speak again, he was surprised at the answer he received.

"I ... don't know. I ... don't know who I am. Why am I here? Who are you? What's going on here?" Jon grabbed her hand and pulled her up, noticing that she was having some trouble standing on her own. He leaned her up against a nearby wall, and removed his cloak, handing it to the girl.

"I see. The days in here must've wiped your memory. Well, this is quite the dilemma. As to your other questions, if you are D10, you are here to for reasons unknown to myself. However, I have come to believe that you'd be handed over or taken by the sorcerers at some point, and have been searching for your location. If you are not D10, which I am beginning to think could be the case, then I have no idea." He looked around the room, searching for anything that might give him an idea of who this girl might be. He was in luck as he saw a clipboard nearby, giving very few details about the girl.

"I see. Your name on here says F7. Well then, it seems I have made a mistake." As Jon put the clipboard down, he turned to the girl once more. She was scared, and most likely had plenty of reason to be. He sighed and back over to her, extending a hand.

"My name is Jon. Though you may not be who I'm looking for, I don't think you'll want to be here. I can only imagine what more they'd have in store for you. If you wish, I could help you leave this place, but you must help me find this D10 girl in return. Or, you could stay here, and wait for someone to place you back into those tubes." He tried his best not to sound menacing, knowing that he'd already scared this girl enough.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
"Gendou, Gendou do you read? Our intruder took two ladies and is no longer in the sewers, but now in the tunnels above them. Initiate a complete underground search for them. Guard the perimeter as well. We will lead them out to you and your men, and you shall fire at will."

Gendou looked around. "Me and my men?" Gendou asked himself. "I hate to burst your bubble," Gendou said into the walkie talkie. "Though my troops are on their way, the closest group of the Central Army won't be here until about an hour. The group consists of about two hundred men. The majority of the army is anywhere from six to seven hours away. Once all seven of the groups converge, then my army will be here." Gendou slipped the walkie talkie back into his pocket, more or less ignoring anything Tayke would say.

No amount of rebels would be able to stand up to the grand Central Army once it is together, but Gendou doubt their presence here would even be necessary. Once those rebels stepped foot onto this ground, they would become Gendou's pray.

"I presume you're here for the same reason?"

Gendou turned to face the source of the voice. It was Xelnor. Gendou slowly nodded. "Yes, I am waiting for the mice to leave their holes, so that the patent cat may hunt his pray."

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So I don't remember why I'm here, thought Faith. She could have cried right now, but didn't want to appear even more weaker to Jon. She watched him talk about D10 and then saw that her name was F7. But that couldn't have possibly been her name, right? When he extended her hand to her, she gladly took it. Anywhere was better than here. A shy smile crept upon her face. "I wish I could say my name and formally introduce myself, but I guess I can't," she shrugged her shoulders. "Of course I don't want to be here. I want to get out of here, but I'll help you ... considering you did get me out of there and all." She took the clipboard from him and read the very few details that were written on it. I'm "dangerous, inhuman and unusual"? It must be why I'm here. But ... I need a name. She glanced down at the chain around her neck and smiled a little. "My name," she gestured to Jon. "It's Faith."

She put the clipboard down and heard many thoughts across the building, no matter how hard she tried to block them out. Maybe she thought it'd be best not to mention this to Jon yet. After all, they'd only met and she didn't want to appear too weird. "According to the clipboard, I'm supposed to be dangerous, inhuman and unusual," Faith said to Jon. "I don't really know what that means, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. So if I really am those things, I guess I could help you find D10, whoever she is. Just one more thing." Faith hurried to the lockers, where she found some clothes, although she didn't know how they were there. "Let me go and get changed. I can't go walking around like I've just been busted out from the tube now, can I?" And so she hurried off into the other room to go and get changed. But whilst she did, flashes of being tortured kept on happening. Just who was she and why was she here? Who was D10?

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
Sasaria was perfectly fine while they were making a run for it even though her guilt was beginning to annoy her. She watched Jet from behind, trying to sense his emotions but she wasn’t having any success. In the spur of the moment, Gracie introduced herself and she just nodded and smiled, still having trust issues with her. Gracie was very kind and generous for helping them but Sasaria was afraid of being stabbed in the back by her or even Jet. As soon as this whole conspiracy was over, she would leave the group and take control of her own life and it would be her own. It wasn’t until Gracie showed them a path when she began to fell ill. She rested her head on his shoulder again as her face became completely pale.

“Look at this… I found it on the beach.” A younger Sasaria stated while holding out a seashell to show her best friend.

“Wow! That is really cool. We will have to put it into our memory box.” Glenda said enthusiastically while running off toward their hideaway leaving Sasaria alone.

She concentrated all of her focus on the seashell, trying to make it levitate off of her hand but it never did. As soon as she could sense another human’s emotion which was anger at that point, the shell explode into a thousand pieces. Glenda came back in a rush to see Sasaria an emotional mess, trying to pick up the pieces of the shell. Glenda grabbed her hands and tried to settle her down.

“It’s ok…” Her voice ran through her head and she would never forget that incident.

Sasaria stared into the darkness of the tunnel and hoped that this nightmare would be over. She was tired of the fighting and the running; she wanted this to be done.

It seemed like everything had stopped and the world was coming to an end as a dark haired woman sprouted from the ground. She was well known for killing millions and not caring about their details. She has even killed some of her own men and the worst thing of all is that she fears nothing. She heard gunfire in the tunnel of the sewer and she knew that D10 was close. Waving her hand, all the points of the guns thrust up and were bent permanently. She walked up Tayke who was busy with trying to hunt down the prized experiment and grinned.

“Busy? Make time.” She said in a raspy voice and pushed some of the squad members out of her way.

“I need all of the leaders of this facility to meet with me. You are the first. I think you will want to hear my offer. Forget the girl for now… I know where she is going.” Terrani crossed her arms and glared at Tayke while waiting for his response.

Terrani was the well known sorcerer from the west who had an eye on D10 ever since the experiments started. She was one of the sponsors of the government also but she wasn’t involved as much as the others. She was there for one reason, to find the prophet at any cost. Her long black silky hair fell to her waist and she wore a black uniform that any sorcerer would be seen wearing. She yawned as she heard the orders being barked at the soldiers and she knew that they would get no where if they kept going on with this chase. Her patience was thinning as the battle raged on and her time was being wasted.

“Your answer!” She ended up screaming.

GodofDeath

Aeriona's Guardian
Seeing Gracie point left Jet immediately followed as she instructed and ran down that path in the fork. Tilting his head back every few seconds Jet checked on Sasaria to make sure that she was alright and from what he could tell from getting a brief glimpse she was still relatively fine for now. Though he was running, Jet consciously tried to keep his pace just slow enough that Gracie was able to keep up with him as well as so he could follow the direction she told him. Hearing Gracie introduced herself Jet continued to remain silent as he figured it that in the midst of running away proper introductions was something he didn’t quite have time for. Taking right now in the next fork Jet could see even now from the distance it led to a dead end.
Crap did she actually mean to say take the left. Jet wondered as he wasn’t quite sure if this was the path that Gracie had wanted them to take, but as he slowed down just slightly he noticed her starting to pull ahead of him down that path and figured that he would still trust her direction for now.

Staring at the wall in front of them Jet immediately looked to the right and left of them to check that maybe there was a sharp turn at either of them that was unnoticeable from the distance, but he stared in disappointment as all he saw were more bricks.
“Interesting,” Jet said as he stared back forward at Gracie and the wall in front of them to see her press in the bricks on the wall in some strange order before a keypad was revealed. Watching Gracie enter into the newly opened room, Jet took a look back at the pathway behind him to try and see if anyway had managed to follow them this far, but right now he neither able see or hear anyone. Growing somewhat uncertain about why and how there was room like this in the middle of the sewers, Jet chose to ignore the many question his head and simply follow Gracie into the room.

Stepping into the room and making his way away from the door, Jet noticed that the room was a bit larger then he had expected.
“So right, Gracie was it? Sorry about not introducing ourselves earlier but my name is Jet and the person here that is riding on my back is Sasaria.” Jet said he looked over at Gracie to see what she was doing before realizing it had been quite some time since he had actually taken a look at good look at Sasaria.
“Sasaria, what’s wrong?” Jet asked a bit shocked as he noticed now in the light of the room that she was appeared to be really pale.
“Sasaria,” Jet said repeating her name in hear ear once more as he brought his right hand up to try and move the hair from her face so that he could get a better look at her. But as he looked at her and waited from some type of response from her, he couldn’t help get the uneasy feeling from how familiar this all seemed to him.

Lady Aino

“So right, Gracie was it? Sorry about not introducing ourselves earlier but my name is Jet and the person here that is riding on my back is Sasaria.”

"Yes that's right. My name is Gracie. It's a pleasure to finally be formally introduced to the both of you." From outside Gracie could hear the bricks sliding back to place until a faint click was heard. She sighed with relief. For now they had managed to escape from whomever it was that was chasing them.

The room Gracie had brought them to had been set up by Gracie back when she first arrived at the fortress. Unwilling to face what had happened and the idea of being imprisoned, Gracie tried to flee but her attempt had obviously failed. She had managed to find a way into the sewers and ended up stumbling across this large open space. It took a lot of work and a lot of time to get the room the way it is now. Several times Gracie had actually been caught stealing equipment to ensure the safety of her secret. Fortunately for Gracie the guards that caught her simply figured she was just a petty thief stealing for enjoyment.

"Sorry if I worried you there for a moment. I happened to catch a glimpse at your face when we rounded the corner." Gracie had a devil's grin on her face but it wasn't directed toward either Jet or Sasaria. It was simply a smile of victory that she had managed to out smart their captors.

“Sasaria, what’s wrong?”

Gracie was caught off guard by the worry in Jet's voice. "What's wrong? Is she hurt?" Gracie's brow turned to wrinkles as she tried to figure out what had happened. "Here place her on the bed. I'm sure she's exhausted. So much to go through at one time can take a toll on a young lady." Gracie pulled back the light cotton sheets off the bed so Jet could place Sasaria down.

Essence of Elegy

Awards
"Yes, I am waiting for the mice to leave their holes, so that the patent cat may hunt his pray."

"The 'mice' as you say are quite quick on their feet. They even escaped me," replied Xelnor. "Regardless though, the only one who might even pose as a slight challenge is the fire manipulator. And his attack was fairly easy to evade."

After hearing what he heard from the walkie talkie, Xelnor concluded that some reinforcements would be arriving soon. Xelnor summoned his sword, its slightly curved blade gleaming in torch light. He held it at his side with obvious confidence.

“Your answer!”

The scream echoed from below. It was definitely Terrani. The sorcereress was renowned for her smooth massacres but Xelnor wasn't afraid of her like some were. Why should he be?

-------------------------

OOC: I'm just posting idle chatter. Hurry up and post GoD.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
It felt as if a tight grip had suddenly taken a hold of her lungs as she tried to lift her head and she began to cough, gasping for air. She took one of her arms from around Jet’s neck and brought her hand to her mouth. She couldn’t even speak because her lungs were failing on her and the only relief from this was the footsteps that passed the room. She looked straight ahead, trying to scan the room for any traps or anything that would have cast a spell on her but nothing came to her. Instead the cause was located at the beginning of the tunnel where the soldiers would. Sasaria could hear her voice in her head, it called for her.

“Come to me. I can give you life you always wanted. To be free… your dreams” It said to her as she sat there in Jet’s arms.

It was as if this woman, this monster was trying to kill her. She could feel the sorceress’ cold hands around her neck as she tried to strangle every once of air out of her lungs. Then from deep down inside her, a pain arose from her heart and it was unbearable. She remained calm while being held by Jet and the pain did not appear on her face. Her skin was still pale and she did not speak until her voice was completely clear.

“J-Jet… I need you to go… you and Gracie. There is a dark power at work here and I am afraid that.. she- she will come after you. You have been too kind and I cannot put my rescuer’s life in danger. As for you Gracie, get out of here while you can and live the life every experiment dreams of..” She stopped speaking feeling as if these were her last words and then suddenly… she was freed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back