• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Composer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix Chu

England..land of a thousand..somethings..
John Williams, forver and always. I've love the music to Star Wars more than Final Fantasy, and I know I'm going to get flamed by fan boys here, but John Williams is (in my opinion) by far better than Nobuo Uemetsu (sp?)

I think it's just John Williams classical approach to music, the fact that he has composed music to films which I've only just found out...I think he's a genius.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Eh, I rarely if ever take part in these "your favorite" threads since they don't really necessitate all that much actual discussion, but this one seems pretty good. I have too wide a range of musical interests to truly narrow down a single favorite composer, but here are a few of my favorites for the more classical musics.

Howard Shore- best known for composing the "Lord of the Rings" soundtrack

Hans Zimmer- two of his best known works were probably "Gladiator" and "The Last Samurai"

John Williams- need I say it? "Star Wars" for those of you who don't know.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I don't know a lot of composers, but I'd have to say that Harry-Gregson Williams is pretty good imo. Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 (I dunno if he did the first ones as well).

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Vivaldi and Mozart would have to be my favourite composers. I don't know any new composers other than Nobuo Uematsu, and his stuff is alright.

The four seasons would have to be my favourite compositional piece.

T

tdl

Trent Reznor he did tha music and sound for tha original quake hes a fricken geneous

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Felix Chu said:
John Williams, forver and always. I've love the music to Star Wars more than Final Fantasy, and I know I'm going to get flamed by fan boys here, but John Williams is (in my opinion) by far better than Nobuo Uemetsu (sp?)

I think it's just John Williams classical approach to music, the fact that he has composed music to films which I've only just found out...I think he's a genius.

$@*% off noob! LOL Just joking.

I woould have to say............................Nobou! Althoutgh he is the only composer I know of, he rocks!

Leviathan

Brahms and Vivaldi. My favorite modern composer would have to be Nobuo. (He's the only modern composer I've really actually heard:p)

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I don't think you can pick and one composer as your favourite. They each have their own individual styles of how they go about writing scores.

But the ones that enjoy hearing pieces from would be Danny Elfman, John Williams, Hans Zimmer and of course, Nobou.

~RexchalOrgXIII~

-marvels at the age of the thread- Gotta love the search function. :D

George Frideric Handel. He's probably the best strings composer ever. John Williams comes in for a close second. The man is a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back