• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pianoajd2

Hello!

The only way I know wat final fantasy is is through the Kingdom Hearts Series.

If I were to get a Final Fantasy game which one should I get?:huh: Give me info,too!

P.S. I have a PS2, a Gamecube, Gameboy Advance (+SP), and a PC. I'm also planning on getting a Wii.

Thanks for the help!:rolleyes:

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
Hello!

The only way I know wat final fantasy is is through the Kingdom Hearts Series.

If I were to get a Final Fantasy game which one should I get?:huh: Give me info,too!

P.S. I have a PS2, a Gamecube, Gameboy Advance (+SP), and a PC. I'm also planning on getting a Wii.

Thanks for the help!:rolleyes:

definetly get FFX it's great. and final fantasy XII or 12 when it comes out in october , final fantasy tactics for ps1 play it on your ps2 and tactics advance for gameboy
oh and IV , I and II for the gameboy they're great too.

aerith-angel

I agree with khrules, FFX is the best, in my opinion, and FFXII looks just as good. People will probablu disagree with this, but FF7 was good too. And, people are gonna like this even less, but I loved the sequel to FFX. I suggest those.

Oathkeeper

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
Hey, I'm just like you!!! I see Aerith in Traverse town and only think 'hmmm....she's pretty.'

I see the part when Auron asks whether you were looking for a guardian, and I think to myself 'ummm, no.....not really'

After I played FFVII, I see Aerith again and think 'DANG! If I had only played FFVII first, I would have been MUCH more happier to see her.

Also, right now I'm playing FFX, but I already know about Auron (let's not spoil it now...^_~) and now when he askes if we wanted a guardian, I pead "yes, YES!! PLEASE!!!!'

I say you listen to the first two and get FFVII and FFX. (haven't got X-II so I can't say....)

Quick rundown:

~*Final Fantasy 7*~

Midgar, an industrial city ruled by Shinra, who's reactors suck the life out of the planet as means of an energy source. AVALANCHE, an anti-Shinra gorup, wish to sabotage the reactors to stop their destruction of the planet. It statrs off simple, given missions to disarm reactors, but then the story takes some unexpected turns and if you play your materia right, you just might be the savior of the Planet...Here, you play as Cloud Strife, yep that's right; the one who may have given you hell the first time you met him. Some of your party members include Aerith (Who is known as Aeris....dunno why exactly. I changed her name to Aerith because of KH) Yuffie (I like her....though most see her as annoying) Cid, the old gummi engineer, (though not in FFVII) and Tifa. (whom I also like) Depending on how you play, you may not even befrend them all, so be careful. I say the graphics are really bad, compare to KH, but I still loved it............

Oh, and I forget to mention: Guess who's there too?

That's right,

SEPHIROTH!!!

~*Final Fantasy 10*~

You're young, and you hate your father, who has made your childhood misreble. You're the star of a famous blitzball team, the Zanarkand Abes. You're playing and the croud goes wild!!!...Suddenly, everything goes wrong when Sin, a giant monster comes in and destroys your unexpected city. What is there to do? What do you do? A frend then knocks you into a portal saying that 'this is your story'...

You wake up near city ruins and head for shelter. You are eventually caught by strange people speakng in a wirerd language and upon finally getting an english-speaking person, she ends up saying that your hometown is 1,000 years into the past! How did you get here, and where's the exit?

Here, you play with Tidus, the kid on destiny islands. Together, with Wakka (the other guy with the ball) Yuna, (one of them sprites, 'cept she isn't a sprite there) Rikku (another happy sprite) And Auron (the guy who I wish was my guardian now....) go up to the ruins of your homeland to fight off the evil Sin, but just because you set up a plan, doesn't mean it will go that way. Will you survive the evil Seymore (I know that's now how you spell it....but I hate his guts) who has been giving you more trouble than he's worth? And will you make it home after? Will you even want to?

There you go! Hope that helped! ^_~

T

THE WARLOCK

I would say Final Fantasy VII. I've noticed a few people on here are anti-FFVII, but I personally loved the game. It's good for a beginner, so I would suggest finding that one if you can. But if you can't find it, go ahead and just buy FFX, it's just as good, if not better, than FFVII.

-Note-

Avoid FFXI and X-2 at all costs

LinkSlySora

In my opianion, all of the FF games are great. If you can get your hands on ff 7, 8, 9, tactics, for the ps, get one of them. FF 5 and 6 are coming for the gba in december, ff 4 and 1 and 2 are already out for the gba. FF11 is fun also [but it costs to play it every month.]. They all have different stories and battles systems so they are each unique.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
For PS2 get: FFIX,FF Tactics ,FFX,FFX-2(If you want), and FFXII(which comes out on Oct.31 in North America),FF Chronicles*...If you want you could also get FFVII & FFVIII, personally I don't like the two but I'm not gonna let my hate rule this post.

For GBA: FFIV( when it comes out), FFI and II (I think there also on the PS1 but I cant remember)**

For Gamecube: FF Crystal Chronicles.

I would also say if your getting a DS anytime soon get FF III for it, if you like MMORPG's you should also try FFXI

*FF Chronicles has FFIV and Chrono Trigger(which is one of the best RPG's ever)
** I think FFI & II are called Origins on the PS1 I'm not 100% sure though, and I cant remember if FFVI is also coming out for GBA.
*** Some of these are really hard to find, so get what you can when you can

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
FFIX is a MUST play. If there's one FF you have to play, it's IX.

If Cloud and Squall get you hot under the collar, play VII and VIII but they're nothing special really. VIII has interesting gameplay which will either make it very difficult or very easy for you. But far as story goes, VII is lacking very much.

X is an all around good game to play. The graphics are the most recent of the FF's so if that's all you care about, play it.

I'd suggest XII but I won't be able to play it till next year. Play the Gameboy and DS releases if you want, they are good games. But don't play VII unless you really, really want too. Trust me, I played KH first and got caught up in all the VII hype, went and bought the game and was left very disappointed.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Hmm..I have a long explanation here. I'll go in depth on every FF I've played.

FFI:

A decent game. It's simple, fun and easy to learn. The story is bland as well as the characters, but it has fun exploration and the battle system is actually quite fun. If you do decide to get this game, get the PS "Origins" version. They butchered FFI & 2: DoS by making it way too easy.

Different FF Games:

FF: Nes (Best One to buy)
FF Origins: PSX
FF 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls: GBA

FFIV:

Now this is an excellent game. The story is pretty nice, and the characters all have distinct personalities. What made me like this game is its difficulty. It is definitely up there with Tactics and FFV as hardest FF game. You can't just beat bosses by building up, you must use strategies and weaknesses to defeat them.

Different FFIV Games:

FFII: SNES
FF Chronicles: PSX
FFIV Advance: GBA

FFV:

This is an awesome game. The battle system is really fun, since you can change jobs whenever you want, which adds strategy to the game. The story is alright, but nothing special. The game is difficult, but fun to strategize what to do.

FFV Games:

FF Anthologies: PSX
FFV Advance: Yes to be released for the GBA

FFVI

I haven't played this game in a while. But it's pretty fun. It's the first FF game that actually has depth to it like the future ones do. The battle system is pretty much the same as FFIV, but a little bit easier. The characters are excellent, each all intriguing in their own way. I can't say much about this game, because I haven't beaten it..>.>

FFVI Games:

FFIII: SNES
FF Anthologies: PSX
FFVI Advance: Soon to be for the GBA

FFVII

Despite what others say, I do like this game. Even though the main character is a total annoyance, I found the materia system to be extremely addicting. The story is fairly deep, but not quite as good as the future FF games. The characters are a little..bland, with the exception of Aerith and Vincent. Still, if you can find this game, go ahead and play it. It's a good beginner's game.

FFVII Games:

FFVII: PSX

FFVIII:

I also can't say much about this game, either, since I have yet to beat it. Still, the battle system is either something you love or hate, which is a big factor on this game. The story, in my opinion, is a little crappy, but the battle system is fun, making it a fairly difficult game.

FFVIII Games:

FFVIII: PSX

FF Tactics:

In my opinion, the most addictive FF game out to date. But still, this game is only fun if you're pro-strategy games. The battle system is not like others, which is also another that you either love or hate. The story, however, is the second best FF story. It's filled with so much that you could spend hundreds of hours playing it.

FFT Games:

FFT: PSX

FFIX

This is another good game if you're a beginner. It's not very difficult, and has a battle system similar to IV's and VI's. The story is really good, but not quite the best. However, I give this game kudos to having the best characters in any game. They were so remarkable, which is one of the reasons why I loved this game.

FFIX Games:

FFIX: PSX

FFX

In my opinion, this and Tactics are tied for best FF game. This game's story is so great. It's so deep and amazing, and what makes it better than other deep stories is that it's not so complicated that you have to play through twice to understand. The characters is this game are good, but a few are just kind of boring. The battle system is pretty simple to learn and understand. It's a lot like FFI, because it's not active like most of the others I've played, but it has a few more tweaks to it.

FFX Games:

FFX: PS2

..I have played FFX-2, but am not going to put it up there cause it is not worth playing.

Now, out of all of those, since you're a beginner, I suggest starting with either FFX, FFIX, or FFVII. They are, in my opinion, the easiest of the FF games, and can get you started with the series. The choice is, however, all up to you.

Pianoajd2

Thanks for all the info so far GuyS!:p

But I have a question:
Is FFX-2 the same as FFXII?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Is FFX-2 the same as FFXII?
No, FFX-2 takes place after FFX..

FFXII is coing out Oct 31.

I would say play them all. I hate FFVII and I think its the wrose FF ever!! others like it. I love FFIX others hate it. So try them all for yourself. you really can't go on what other ppl think.

The best FF are FFIV. FFXII, FFIX, FFVI, FFV. try thoughs most of all

kthundercat

I don't agree that X-2 was a bad game at all so I suggest that if you like playing X and feel like you want to know more about Yuna then play X-2 even if all you want to see is Yuna and Tidus get back together. I liked the game because it was much more fast then X and the world is the some.

FF12 that comes out in October actually takes place in the same world as FF: Tactics and there is a chance that they could be linked but only because of the gaurdians of the races.

The best advice that I can give you tho, is if you're really ready to spend some good money for the older PS1 games then go ahead and do it. But if you don't think that you can play through all of those really old graphics without getting bored then start with FFX.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
For PS2 get: FFIX,FF Tactics ,FFX,FFX-2(If you want), and FFXII(which comes out on Oct.31 in North America),FF Chronicles*...If you want you could also get FFVII & FFVIII, personally I don't like the two but I'm not gonna let my hate rule this post.

For GBA: FFIV( when it comes out), FFI and II (I think there also on the PS1 but I cant remember)**

For Gamecube: FF Crystal Chronicles.

I would also say if your getting a DS anytime soon get FF III for it, if you like MMORPG's you should also try FFXI

*FF Chronicles has FFIV and Chrono Trigger(which is one of the best RPG's ever)
** I think FFI & II are called Origins on the PS1 I'm not 100% sure though, and I cant remember if FFVI is also coming out for GBA.
*** Some of these are really hard to find, so get what you can when you can

FFI and II are also out for gba and Iv is out. most of these games you can rent on gamefly.com

Pianoajd2

Also, do these games have tutorials?

I just went on the FFX site (old, I know..) and the battle system seems confusing.

Plz answer!

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
Get nine and ten. Eight is horrible. Seven has all the hype. X-2 is infamous.

Don't worry, the battle system is extremely easy to learn. Except the sphere grid in X. That's horrible. But its fun when you get the hang of it.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
...Uhh I've Got FFX Which Is Gaaar8!!! XD!! ...If You Have PS2 ...I Recommend you get it ...And If You RLY Love it ,Then You Might End Up Getting FF X-2 ...I Loved That One >.> ...Although Its Not very popular -.-" anyway, You HAVE to get FF12 When its released. XD!!

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Also, do these games have tutorials?

I just went on the FFX site (old, I know..) and the battle system seems confusing.

Plz answer!

Basically if your a beginner FFIX, FFX, and FFVII are the easiest to understand, The battle system(FFX) is a bit overwhelming at first but not complicated to understand. You usually get beginner battles when you start the game and tutorials, which should help if not just use the interweb >.>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back