• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First 'decent'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decron

Here is my first decent GIMP sig (my first one without tuts and basic knowledge was utter crap :p).
But ye nothing big/special but just 'decent'.

SecondGimp-1.png

So ye CnC

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
It's ok. The background is kinda boring but the rest is like you said "decent"

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
Stock looks LQ
You're blind. The stock is oversharpened. It appears to actually be a pretty all right quality stock though.
That's some good critique right there. Let me tell you.
Yes, the background is a bit bland, and he could've better integrated the stock so that it didn't look so alien and did some more to the C4Ds to make them a little more interesting to look at such as a little more smudging or some use of filters. However, the major problem with the background is the misuse of negative space. All that black is boring. The background doesn't suck, but it isn't very good. Try integrating your stock better. Blend it in a bit more. I can understand that you might be going for a look of more extreme depth by making it stick out, but it doesn't have to stick out that much to get that look.
try using colors
Try using actual reasons.
Yes, the black and white scheme isn't really working for this. Your very scene subject is begging for some colour. Let him have it. The black and white makes it seem kind of relaxed and the background lends to that, yet I see a stock that wants a little more feeling of action and a little more vibrance. Don't do a rainbow, but put in some kind of intense and vibrant colours.
maybe next time would be good >.>
Wait, who are you again? I'm failing to see where your sense of superiority comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back