• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fixing the cricket's mistakes thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

After all the games that came out over the years, one thing remained consistent: journals. Whether it be exploring the realm of light as SDG or inside the journal itself, you've always been able to keep track of what you saw in game through it more or less. But then there were moments where the cricket just didn't do a good job. Like most chroniclers, he tried to do his job right by writing down everything SDG saw on their multiple journeys, but he DID cut corners along the way. Notably, there are 8 enemies that you encounter that he doesn't write an entry for (technically seven but we'll get to that, they are by order of appearance:
The crank tower
the Cave of Wonders Guardian
The shark (whose name is apparently Glut, thanks Google)
Anti-Sora (and to an extent, Shadow Sora)
Chernabog
Bit Sniper
and the World of Chaos.

Now, for some it makes logical sense they wouldn't have journal entries. The world of Chaos and Bit Snipers are foes that SDG fight at the VERY END of the journey, and as we all know there's no new game plus in KH 1 that's on the level of say, Persona 5 (bad example I know, but it's what I could come up with in 1 minute). But for the rest of them, there's no excuse. Who does this overbearing orthopteran think he is in deciding who history will remember and who will forget? Who died and gave him the power to ignore these foes that had the gall to stand against the Keyblade wielder and his friends (some putting up more of a fight than others if i'm being honest)? But on this night February 7th 2021 I say nay. I composed this thread to correct the corrupt cricket's mistake and come up with entries that would fit seamlessly into KH1 's journal style. Except the crank tower, because I don't think anyone really considers it an enemy.
I'll start with one of the hard ones, the Cave Guardian

Alright, I know this guy didn't talk in the game, but in the movie he was voiced by Frank Welker, so he counts as a Disney Character (so Characters 2 section he goes). Because of that, he needs a witty line before introducing what movie/disney property he was in at the tail end of it. Here's what I have so far
Tiger Head (the game calls it this)
A guardian to the Cave of Wonders that was possessed by darkness. It shot beams of darkness from its eyes and released heartless to attack.
He guarded the lamp in "Aladdin" (1992)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There's a few continuity hiccups in those books too, like knowing the names of Xigbar/Luxord/Demyx when they are never said out loud. & I think KH1's journal implied the events of Hercules & Lion King already happened.

Soldier

Awards
There's a few continuity hiccups in those books too, like knowing the names of Xigbar/Luxord/Demyx when they are never said out loud. & I think KH1's journal implied the events of Hercules & Lion King already happened.
Oh they definitely did, for someone who is supposed to be one of the smartest in the Disney canon (compared to everyone else at least) I didn't think mind reading was one of his superpowers.

Back