• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

forum blues

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marluxia_GA

i havent been here long, but i feel as if a family like atmosphere is missing. Moderators seem to be rude to a couple of my friends, and i dont feel connected to the community in any way. just saying...

dont get me wrong, i like being here...its just that it seems like a cold hard robot more than a loving forum

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i agree, the mods here are rude. =) you should private message either digital gopher or manchester black with complaints on specific moderators.

Erebus Kronos

Godess of the Titan's
Some of the mods may be rude but they are doing their job right? Have you ever thought that some mods might be a little cranky from PM's from members being whiny about something they think is unfair or rude, but in all it was just something stupid. Or they could have a just bad day in their lives outside the forum? If the mod was constantly being mean then I can see why you want to PM the admins or post a thread and complain, if it was just one time I don't see the reason to complain.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
If such is the case, I don't see why you feel so obligated to keep us around.

Now that you say it, isn't the number of global/super moderators a bit too big by now?

I mean, it was understandable when there were specific people assigned to their own section, but now since everyone can do pretty much everything, are 11 Mods + 3 Admins actually necessary for such a "small" place?

T

Tyler Durden

What needs to be understood is that the mods are devoting their personal time to make the forums a better place for you, and there are a large number of 'mistakes' made by members. Some of these are easily fixed, but other times members go out of their way to make someone feel like shit on the forums.

In those instances, the moderators (including me) may be a bit rude, but at the same time, we're under more scrutiny than the other 20,000 members here. If you have a problem with someone, try PM'ing anyone that you think you can talk to about it, or talk to someone on IM. Hell, you could even PM me, if you like.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
The only mod I have had real problems with was Son of Sam, just Sam now I believe, but he would go around and say things that would be just the oposite of what was needed, I have a friend that used to be active on the forums, imablonde, and she was needing help, he went and said something to her, she was still crying about it the next day.

But other than that, the mods are just doing what they think is right, and sometimes, they get frustrated and take it out on someone, which isn't right, but it does happen. I am a mod and admin in a few forums, and even I do it. It is to be expected when situations are as stressful as they can be.

You just haven't met the right people yet. I have several friends here that are so close that we see eachother as brothers and sisters. I'm sure that you can find warmth even in a seemingly cold forum. It seems easier to do in a smaller forum, but many of us have found it here.

I really hope this helps you some.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
I mean, it was understandable when there were specific people assigned to their own section, but now since everyone can do pretty much everything, are 11 Mods + 3 Admins actually necessary for such a "small" place?

This place is much larger than you think.

And when you take into consideration the amount of things that need to be deleted, moved, dealt with, or whatever, you'd realize why we need a decent amount of moderators.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
As someone who's known a good part of the staff for a somewhat lenghty period of time now, I've found the moderators of this site to be genuinely nice people deep down, if seemingly a little rough on the edges. You just have to get in their mindset. They like to joke around a lot, and it can seem rather mean but, really, they're not all that bad, there are far worse people here.

Remember: the moderators usually have quite a bit to put up with here, and they're not being paid for it. They're here of their own free will, devoting their free time to make your stay more pleasant. On another note, though, that doesn't mean they work *for* you.

Last edited:

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
The only mod I have had real problems with was Son of Sam, just Sam now I believe, but he would go around and say things that would be just the oposite of what was needed, I have a friend that used to be active on the forums, imablonde, and she was needing help, he went and said something to her, she was still crying about it the next day.

Haha, what a deja vù.

This place is much larger than you think.

And when you take into consideration the amount of things that need to be deleted, moved, dealt with, or whatever, you'd realize why we need a decent amount of moderators.

Well, you must probably know better than we do.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
This is an internet forum filled with thousands of members from all over the world. Can you honestly expect it to generate a "family atmosphere"? No. In fact, most of everyone's time on forums is spent arguing, instead of forming drum circles and smoking pot and spreading the love. Mods are rude because they need to be. And if I'm not mistaken, your join date says August 2008. You've experienced this forum for what, a few days? Try being a little more patient before you judge.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
As someone who's known a good part of the staff for a somewhat lenghty period of time now, I've found the moderators of this site to be genuinely nice people deep down, if seemingly a little rough on the edges. You just have to get in their mindset. Really, they're not all that bad, there are far worse people here.

This.

The newer members take the mods way too seriously, they aren't bad people.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
i havent been here long, but i feel as if a family like atmosphere is missing. Moderators seem to be rude to a couple of my friends, and i dont feel connected to the community in any way. just saying...

dont get me wrong, i like being here...its just that it seems like a cold hard robot more than a loving forum

Frankly, I don't see how three days is quite enough for you to start making complaints like this.

Some of the mods may be rude but they are doing their job right? Have you ever thought that some mods might be a little cranky from PM's from members being whiny about something they think is unfair or rude, but in all it was just something stupid.

It's not so much PMs more than it is just members in general.

Now that you say it, isn't the number of global/super moderators a bit too big by now?

I hope you realize how irrelevant a point that is. We have the exact same number of staff members, if not fewer, since a week or two ago. It's practically the same as when there were section moderators. The only difference is that we now have power everywhere, which is far better for both the staff and members alike.

Additionally, why is it that the moderators are always the rude ones? Have no members here ever considered that they may possibly be the ones in the wrong some of the times? As I recall, many of we staff members were selected for our position for having particular qualities over other members, leadership and good judgment being key among them. Don't you think that we have a pretty good idea of what we are doing here? Perhaps, just perhaps, instead of always complaining about how we treat you, you should instead look at yourself, find what it is that you are doing that we don't seem to like so much, and find a way to resolve it.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
...I dont know...i guess they are a bit harsh i times. But they can be nice. Ive seen it. And us members arent perfect. We can be pretty big idiots at times.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
If you'd be kind enough to provide me with names of your friends that we've supposedly been rude to for no reason, I'd be more than happy to straighten out this little misunderstanding.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If you'd be kind enough to provide me with names of your friends that we've supposedly been rude to for no reason, I'd be more than happy to straighten out this little misunderstanding.

Seconding this.

If your friends chose to remain anonymous, we can't exactly get anything resolved here. Tell us what was done, and we can explain it.

However, if they think we have been excessively rude, I'm willing to be that they either did something to deserve it or are blowing it way out of proportion.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards

I actually think we need MORE mods for all the things that need to be done.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Yeah, we have a couple of jerky mods at my other forum as well :(
Still, the lack of a family community could be one of two things:

1) There isn't much of that family atmosphere because it's hard to find the postive people
2) the size of the community makes it feel crowded, unlike smaller forums with so many people popping in and out it's hard to find anyone with that friendliness. Plus some people just have attitudes.

But if you ever need back up call up a mod, or if you just need a friend send me a pm ^^

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, we have a couple of jerky mods at my other forum as well :(
Still, the lack of a family community could be one of two things:

1) There isn't much of that family atmosphere because it's hard to find the postive people
2) the size of the community makes it feel crowded, unlike smaller forums with so many people popping in and out it's hard to find anyone with that friendliness. Plus some people just have attitudes.

But if you ever need back up call up a mod, or if you just need a friend send me a pm ^^

You do realize he's kinda complaining about the mods, right? I doubt he'll be calling us for buck up anytime soon.

Also, you forgot possibility three, being that he has not been here long enough to make many to call a "family" or to see which groups of people here are tightly knit. If he actually gave some time before making this rather baseless thread, he'd see that there are numerous groups here that are quite close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back