• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future Role of the Dream Eaters.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Okay, so I can't be bothered looking for the video right now, but at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance], it shows Sora in his Kingdom Hearts II attire reuniting with the Dream Eaters.

Do you believe that this scene was just for symbolism of the friends Sora made during his time in Realm of Sleep, or do you believe that this will pave the way for the Dream Eaters re-appearing in future games?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well I know KH wiki is not a completely reliable source, but it says that Sora returned to the realm of sleep so he could bring his dream eater friends to the realm of light. So while I doubt they will appear physically, probably they will exist inside of Sora and will therefore give him some new awesome gameplay mechanic in KH3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well I know KH wiki is not a completely reliable source, but it says that Sora returned to the realm of sleep so he could bring his dream eater friends to the realm of light. So while I doubt they will appear physically, probably they will exist inside of Sora and will therefore give him some new awesome gameplay mechanic in KH3.

I don't know where the wiki got that from, in the Ultimania it was only said that the scene was included so it would give some sort of satisfying closure, after spending so much time raising them, for the player.

It also served in a secondary role to show that while Ven's heart is still in Sora, it can slightly affect its own body when Ven is shown smiling slightly in Castle Oblivion because he can feel Sora's happiness.

I won't rule out that the Dream Eaters may play a further role, but the scene itself doesn't really give any clear hint towards this imho.

State

Awards
Personally, this saga's enemy is Xehanort, while the franchise' eternal threat will be the Heartless and Nobodies being manipulated by someone, so this is why I support the extinction of the Unversed and why the Spirit/Nightmare Dream Eaters should stay in their realm. But back on topic, it's possible the Dream Eaters may make some sort of appearance outside of the Realm of Sleep, be it a cameo or a canon appearance, seeing as how, after KH2, the series has suffered from constant retcons, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see them in other realms (besides, if fans demand Nomura, to see them outside, he'll oblige).

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I really wouldn't want Dream Eaters to be relevant in the future. They had their time to shine, back to heartless and nobodies please

State

Awards
I thought that, since Dream Eaters affect Sora's and Riku's commands, that they would need to appear in KH3, but then I remembered BbS and Re: coded didn't need them, so they could just put the commands gameplay without the needs of the DEs.

Seighart

Awards
I personally thought that the command system were for "Master Keyblade Wielders" or potential masters. I mean...you notice as soon as the command system was introduce, the attacks got more brutal and powerful. It seemed like the command system was to show the characters growth through the series.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I wouldn't want the dream eaters to appear physically outside the realm of sleep, but I have no problem if they exist inside of Sora. After all they are his dreams given form. Would be funny too if MX and Sora fight inside his heart and the dream eaters all gang up on MX. lol. They help force MX out of Sora's heart and Meowow pulls a Kuriboh line on us, "Dudala Motherf@cker!!"

State

Awards
I wouldn't want the dream eaters to appear physically outside the realm of sleep, but I have no problem if they exist inside of Sora. After all they are his dreams given form. Would be funny too if MX and Sora fight inside his heart and the dream eaters all gang up on MX. lol. They help force MX out of Sora's heart and Meowow pulls a Kuriboh line on us, "Dudala Motherf@cker!!"
I can see this happening; last battle being inside Sora's heart, eliminating what's left of Master Xehanort.

I'd honestly like if Sora could summon Meow Wow in future games xD
I can also see this happening; Master Yen Sid gives you a charm so you can summon friends inside you. It randomly summons one of three Dream Eaters that are very popular in Japan and overseas.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I really rather have Disney party members full time again.

axel95

Awards
I doubt that they will impact the story again, but I could see having one or two as a summon. The more that I think about it the more likely it seems, especially if the fan demand is there. Just look at Axel/Lea.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It isn't like they aren't. It was just for this game they weren't.
I specified "full time". BBS & Coded had temporary party members. Even CoM had them in a more limited capacity.

As for nightmares, it'd be interesting to have a near final battle in KH3 against a combined heartless/nobody/unverse/DE army.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I don't want them to come back. I wouldn't mind the summon thing, but would prefer them to let them be until we return to the Realm of Dreams.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Dream Eater Summons would be a nice touch IMO.

Well Sora and Riku both have the ability to traverse between the RoL and the RoS, so they could always go back and say hello. Traverse Town still exists in the RoS.

Plus Ven needs to be woken up, his heart's sleeping. Riiku dove into Sora to wake him up, something similar could be done for Ven.

And the DE were there with Riku, but if Ven would be the only case of them going into sleep again, then I don't see the DE returning in that scenario.

hoikess

iI hope Nomura keeps the flowmotion and maybe an ability to recruit enemy monsters again? i really like the concept of pets.....and they are way cooler then donald duck and goofy party XD but if in kh3 your party is 3 keyblade wielders then i don't mind.....and hopefully they make it so you can choose wich one you play of your party member....rather 3 keyblademasters/wielder party then donald and goofy al day:D

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
iI hope Nomura keeps the flowmotion and maybe an ability to recruit enemy monsters again? i really like the concept of pets.....and they are way cooler then donald duck and goofy party XD but if in kh3 your party is 3 keyblade wielders then i don't mind.....and hopefully they make it so you can choose wich one you play of your party member....rather 3 keyblademasters/wielder party then donald and goofy al day:D

I think Nomura actually said he made the flowmotion because he wanted the KH series to stand out and differ form the other action RPGs and that it's part of the direction he wants to take KH in. I definitely want it to stay and I think it will.
Personally I prefer Donald and Goofy over the pets, that way Sora has others to interact with and it keeps Disney closely tied into the main story. But I wouldn't object to getting to have Kairi and Riku as teammates instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back