• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Gambling With Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Cause Kat's lazy! And you needed updatedness, didn't you?! And you're one of my fans, so I helped you out!

Btw, Ace is Jack's nickname.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse people. Pickle was posting it today because everyone was on our computers!!!!! So anyway, Sorry for confusing you guys! Anyway, the chapter is up on page two.....I'll post another tomorrow.

I hate Martin.

Katattack

Thanks a lot guys, I'll post todays chapter now!

"Don't." said a voice behind him. Ace turned around.

"And why not?" He said. It was a hooded figure. Probably one of Martin's friends. He stepped closer to the figure.

"Well? Why not?" He said. "What's gonna happen? Oh....Maybe, I go into my club house, and it actually has white walls to match! Oh no!" He shook his head and turns around.

"So this is the champion that they have been speaking of." The figure said.

"You mean on the news?" Ace wished he didn't sound so stupid.

"Go ahead. Open the door. You have no chance for survival. Don't forget this." The figure left.

Ace decided to write a letter to the mayor to start a neighborhood watch program. He looked towards the driveway and saw that his parents weren't home yet. This was probably a joke. He looked into the window of the miniature house. Same old club house. He still had a funny feeling.

Maybe he shouldn't open it. Maybe the voice was trying to look after him. It could happen. But then again, telling someone that they had no chance to survive something sounded a little more like reverse psychology. At any rate, he decided to "take a chance" and open the door.

Reaching towards it, he felt a very warm feeling. This was the right choice. Throwing open the door and walking into the light was the right choice. And then, as soon as it was closed behind him, it got very dark. And then, he decided it had been the wrong choice.

Jack looked around. He was in a town. He rubbed his head and looked around again. (Okay...have to think. Where in the world am I?). If only there was some sort of sign....

Traverse Town

Oh. Why didn't I notice that before? So he was in traverse town. It sounded really familiar, some how. He glanced toward the sign again. What kind of name is Traverse Town? He decided to stand up and take a look around the place. He didn't have to go far to be confused again, as he saw a small teddy bear coming toward him.

"Kupo! Move, I need to pass!" It shouted angrily at him.

"Oh...Uh...sorry, I guess." Jack said, stepping aside from the creature. He noticed purple wings and a bobbing red.....what was that red thing? was it squishy? Did it always bounce?
"Wait!" He called out after it. It turned around.

"What, Kupo?" it said, tapping it's tiny foot impatiently. Before he knew what was happening, he was within an inch of the bouncing red object.

"KUPO!" The thing squeaked loudly.

"I'm....I'm....sorry." Ace stammered. He shook himself out of his trance. He tried not to look at the hypnotic....thing. He watched the thing for a while. It didn't seem to be so busy, just pacing and shouting at people who crossed his path.

Suddenly, a hand stretched out and jerked him away. As Ace was planning to shout out, "Aaah! Stranger!" like his parents had told him, the figure spoke.

"Tried to touch 'is Pom-Pom, dincha?" The man said, sucking on a tooth pick.
"Well....I-" Ace started. The man waved him off.
"Dont worry 'bout it. 'Vry one tries it." He said, glancing at the moogle.
".....So....um.....I'm Jack." Ace tried, sticking out a hand.
The man seemed to try to shake himself awake.
"Right. Name's Cid. Guessin' yer new in town, eh?" He asked. Jack debated whether or not to tell him exactly how new he was.

"Just jokin' with yeh!" Cid said, grinning. "Saw ya fall outtah the sky."
"And you didn't try to save me?!" Ace said, bewildered.
Cid turned stern.
"They never get too badly hurt!" He said.
"They?" Jack asked.
"The survivors." Cid said matter of factly. "You know, when their world is destroyed."

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
oh okay... so now i kno where you got that"ahh stranger" thing from last night.
i'm still not a stranger!! :D awesome chap dudette. (um... you and TLP are dudette's right?)
anyways, rock on!! post more!! or i'll eat the chocobo in your sig!!(just playin!! looks a little to crunchy XP)

Katattack

Crunchy. Sounds like a good name for him. Heh heh.

Anyway, yeah, we're dudettes. I'll post the next chap tomorrow! I already have to write one tonight to stay ahead. After some KH playing of course. Can you believe I saved over my level ninety eight file?! Luckily, being the paranoid loser I am (I was afraid my best friend would save over my game) I made a secret file, so I only lost two levels.

I strongly suggest you guys all do the same!!!!

Krazy

Jabberwocky
me: YAY!! I caught up!! *happy dance* ^_^

Sora: Actually she's been reading but didn't reply 'till now. -_-;

Aozora: Cuz she's lazy.......V_V

Kaze & Ketso:*glaring at eachother* >_>

me: More soon!! ^_^

Katattack

Will do, Boss-(wo)man!

"Excuse me?!" Ace said, shocked at this news. "Destroyed?!"
"Don't get all romantic on me, boy. Yes. Your world has been destroyed." He stared out into the stars. Ace looked up too, and was amazed to see two or three stop burning.

"How could a world just.....just be destroyed? I mean....it was pretty big!" Ace said. He looked at Cid, who was staring at him.

"Someone opened the door to the darkness." He said.

Somehow, this didn't entirely answer his question.

"You'd better come inside, Jack." Cid said, gesturing towards an accesory shop and walking into it. Jack followed.

"You're just in time for the show." Cid said, gesturing at the desk. Jack looked bewildered, but was shouted at by Cid.

"Down in front!" Cid said, shoving Ace into a chair.

Jack watched as a moogle dressed in a very strange costume went up on stage.

"Hello! And welcome to Heartless Awareness on Stage!" It said, waving. " It's a musical!" Jack tried to ignore the bouncing Pom Pom.

The moogle did a little dance.
"Hi, I'm a Heartless!
I like to destroy homes!
It's easy once the people
Open doors and let me roam!"

A moogle dressed in black with a large gun blade came up and aimed at the moogle.

"Die, you cardio-vascular system lacking scum!" The tiny blade was then driven enthusiastically into the other moogle. It fell of the desk.

Ace looked, highly disturbed by this show. Cid, however, was clapping and wiping a tear.

"Great! That was wonderful!" Cid said. He turned to Ace. "Do you understand it now, Jack?" He asked.

"Uh.......sure. Heartless. They destroy worlds after you open a door?" He said, puzzled.

Another moogle came up on stage. "Not just any door, it looks like this." It pointed at it's costume. The strange white door on Ace's card.

He pulled the card out of his pocket. It had changed. It wasn't a rectangle any more, and it cast a weird glow. That wasn't the only thing, though. Where there was once just a normal closed door, there was now an open one. Glowing, and pooring out darkness.

"You mean.....you mean....I destroyed my world?!" He asked.

Krazy

Jabberwocky
me: DUN, DUN, DUN!!! The plot thickens!!! o_O

Sora: WITH HAIR!! ^_^

Aozora: That Moogle play/show was great!! XDDDDDDDD

Kaze:...............>_>

Ketso:..............>_>

me:..............ok........AWESOMENESS!! MORE SOOOOON!!! ^_^

Katattack

Thanks. I was gonna post another chapter because I didn't think famous people like K_K would ever read my fic, but My computer lost it's internet!!!!! It's back, so I'll try again. Darn it!!!!!

*points at computer* I darn thee!

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Katattack said:
Thanks. I was gonna post another chapter because I didn't think famous people like K_K would ever read my fic, but My computer lost it's internet!!!!! It's back, so I'll try again. Darn it!!!!!

*points at computer* I darn thee!

me:.......Famous...? I'm famous...? YAY!!! ^_^

Kaze:....You just keep on believin' that, KK......>_>

Ketso: SHE WILL!!! <_<

Kaze: OH YEAH!? >_>

Kaze: YEAH!!! <_< *Kaze & Ketso beat the crap outta eachother* >_<

me, Sora, Aozora:.......-_-;....

Katattack

I was like, sitting like, in my bean bag chair man, and the idea like, just came to me while I was like, deciphering my dreams, man!

Me: *throws hippie clone out the window* Well, usually, I just get one good Idea, then, after two weeks of not being bored, I decide it is good enough to post on here.

Anyway, Yeah, K_K, you're really famous!

*Throws Myra plushie in the middle of Ketso and Kaze* You two! Fight to the death!

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Kaze & Ketso:*lunge at the plushie* >_<

Sora: QUICK, AOZORA!! Get the popcorn!! Double K are fighting again!!! *watches* O_O

Aozora:*runs off* <_< >_>

me:.....That's kinda creepy how, like, my inicials are the same as the first letters of their names........o_O

Katattack

And was this intentional?!!!!!!

Just kidding. Since there was a famous person here, I guess I'll post another chapter. I'm in a giving mood.

(By the way, I have this awesome rubber chicken key chain, and everyone loves it! But I'd better wash it because like a hundred people have touched it. Also, I'm gonna see what letter it presses on the key board and that'll be tomorrows special letter.) v. V!!!!!

Tomorrows special letter is V.

"There you go gettin' all dramatic on me." Cid said, sighing.

"EXCUSE ME IF I'M NOT CALM AFTER FINDING OUT THAT I DESTROYED MY OWN HOME," Ace said, angrily.

"Calm down! I know your upset, but the fact is, it's out of our hands now!" Cid said, getting angry too.

"Fine. So we're just gonna sit around? Does everyone just wait for all of our worlds to just....be destroyed? Is that it?" Ace demanded, angrily.

"Not everyone." Cid mumbled under his breath.

"What?" Ace asked.

"There is a resistance." Cid sighed. "But there's nothing you can do. You couldn't even find them! You don't even have a gummi." Cid said.

Ace fumed silently. After a while, he spoke again. "Do you have a gummim, Cid?"

Cid's face brightened. "Do I ever! Esuna G, Aero G, Thundaga cannons, and FIVE holy-G engines-" He turned stern. "Why?"

"Cause....you know....I thought....you might..."

"Lend it to you?" Cid finished.

"Yeah!" Ace said excitedly.

"No!" Cid said in the same tone.

"Why not?" Ace asked a little whinely.

"Hmmm....maybe it's because I've only known you for less than an hour? Or maybe it's because you are a little twerp with no flying experience?" Cid pretended to ponder.

"Fine! I'll get there myself!" Ace shouted, making a dramatic exit. And suddenly, he was knocked out.

"Hey. I think he's waking up." Said a strange voice.

"Kupo. He must be pretty weak!" said a moogle. Ace was beginning to dislike the things.

"What happened? What hit me?" Ace asked, rubbing his head.

To his annoyance, everyone in the room burst out laughing. Except one boy.

"Nevermind son, you CAN do a one Hit K.O.!" The tallest man of the group said, slapping his hand on his son's shoulder. The boy shrugged it off.

"Sorry." The boy said shyly.

"You punched me after I opened the door?!" Ace shouted.

"No! I....well....I opened the door too fast and you got hit." The boy said.

Ace felt his ears burn as everyone laughed again.

"Sorry." The boy said. He stuck out his hand. "I'm Gala." He said. (actually, the first name that came to me when I thought up this character was 'Everlasting Gobstopper'. I'm totally serious! ^-^)

"S'okay. Happens all the time. I'm Jack, but my friends call me Ace." Ace returned the handshake.

"Hey! You didn't ask ME to call you Ace!" Cid said.

"Maybe that's because you wouldn't lend me a gummi!" Ace snapped.

Cid sulked.

"Why do you want a gummi, kid?" The tall man asked.

"I.....wanted to join the resistance and fight the heartless." He said. Once again, he wished he didn't sound so stupid.

"Oh yeah? Gotta weapon?" The tall man asked.

"Uh....No."

"Got any flying experience?" The man tried again.

"Uh....No."

"Come on kid! Gimme something to work with!" He exclaimed.

"Why? What do you want from me?! And who the heck are you, anyway?" Ace angrily shouted.

"I'm Gyros. The leader of 'the resistance' you speak of, better known as the Diamond Dust Gang." Gyros said.

"Oh." Ace turned red.

"Here. Ever seen one of these?" Gyros held up a card that looked like Ace's.

"Yeah, like this?" Ace said, holding up one of his own cards.

"Ugh. Level four. Not real good, kid." Gyros said, holding the card like he didn't want to be near it.

"What?! All my cards are level nine! 'Cept the Zeros." Ace said, grabbing the card. It was way different. It had a picture of a strange looking double sided Axe, which looked like a double sided Key. And he noticed that none of his cards ever went past four!

"Man, I gotta start all over again!" He said, unhappily.

"What do you mean? Have you battled with them before?" Said Gyros.

"Yeah." Ace said. He stood up straight. "I'm the best in my state!"

A couple of people looked very impressed.

"Are you the champion of this place?" Gyros asked.

"I was on T.V. sometimes." Ace said, a little confused. More people looked impressed, even though they didn't know what a "T.V." was.

"Show me. Lets battle, right now." Gyros said, taking out his own deck.

"Okay, you're on!" Ace said. He had beaten adults before. This would be the same. Right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back