• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Give Me Some Advice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxLimitlessxx

Two months ago I had a theft by taking felony for $500. I was put in jail and I have my court date two weeks from now. I know the consequence carriers a minimum year of jail time. Now I want to know if there's a chance of it being dropped with a few facts; I have a full time job, i'm starting school a week after court, I have all $500 ready to pay them back and i'm a first time offender with nothing else on my record. What are some of your opinions on my sentence? Do you think it'll get dropped, or i'll still get time, or what? Thanks.

O

Oberon

It depends on your judge.

For instance, my roommate got into a hit-and-run and was up for a felony for that; then the judge turned around a month or two later and dropped everything (can't remember exactly why; something about difficulties with authorities).

He did get two $50 tickets, though lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
First off, how did you steal $500? Second, it depends on who is handling your case. It was petty thieving and a first time offense. I imagine you'll have to do community service and pay a fine plus pay back the $500.

Awards
$500 is not petty theft, at least not in most jurisdictions. The line between petty theft and grand theft is typically drawn at the $400 mark. Rarely higher, more often lower.

xxxLimitlessxx

I stole $500 from the register from working there over a period of a month. And it wasn't too petty. I was right at the mark of felony and misdemeanor. I live in Georgia btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back