• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Going Dutch - for the ladies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Let's discuss splitting the bill.

When you're on a date with a guy, do you want him to pay for the date? Or rather go Dutch? And if you prefer going Dutch, is it a matter of him bringing it up or doing it yourself?

Everytime I go on a date with a girl, I always end up paying the bills because I want to. It just feels weird not paying for her. Unless of course she really insists to pay for her own food and drinks, but only if it's obvious she'll become aggressive if I won't let her. (that really happened... twas the first and last date, though)

The biggest confusion for a lot of men these days is that women want to be equal to men. Hell, they ARE equal. Yet when it comes to stuff like this, we're not really sure what women want.

So, what do you want? :)

Callaghan

Awards
There's no simple answer for that really =S
When guys were taking me on dates that weren't my bf yet, I'd pay my share, but when they are my official bf, its nicer if he pays.
But it can depend on circumstances, such as if I know I have more money, I deff' like to pay my share, but If I'm broke, I wont stop them paying =)
But the problem you'll find is all girls are different, you'll still have to judge at the start if the girl will get all feminist movement on you, or if she's more traditional.
This prob'ly didn't help you much
animesweat.gif
but I hope it may have given you something to think about

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I'd just pay my food, unless the guy really wants to spend his money on me.

It's just fair for both if you pay your own share.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
If a guy says, "I want to take you out to dinner" or "I want to take you to the movies", he is insinuating that he is going to pay.

If a guy says, "Do you want to go to dinner?" or "Will you come to the movies?", I am more likely to think that I'm going to pay my own way.

When with friends, I pay my way. When with a guy, I bring money to pay my way, but, hey, if he pays for me without asking me, I'm fine with it. My money is better in my pocket than in some shop till.

Fortissimo

Depends on the expense. If I'm out to dinner at a nicer restaurant, then I will pay for myself unless he insists on paying. That just means more money for me =D

Mint Julep

Website
justicemuffins.tumblr.com
I usually insist on going Dutch. I haven't dated in some time, but it's always been my thought that two people intent on dating should be sharing, including the bill. On occasion, I do like to do a thing where I get to pay for one date and he pays for another; that works well in my opinion. I do appreciate a guy who offers to pay, but I think it's a more polite thing to do (on my end) to split the bill. I won't make a huge fuss over it, but if a guy insists on paying the bill himself, I won't push him; I just insist on paying the bill for the next date.

I love a man who's chivalrous, but that shouldn't mean he needs to pay by himself all the time. I like to treat my dates well, so... I tend to try and insist in paying for something myself. But again, I'm not going to push it, so I find a middle ground.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
as a guy, i have to say that i wouldnt be comfortable not paying and plus, it scores points on the over all date (i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back