• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gundam

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight726

what is your favorite Gundam series

i just started seeing Gundam seed destiny i think think it is better than any gundam series so far besides GGundam

edit: also talk about Gundam 00 if you have seen it.

Last edited:

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Nah i think Gundam Wing was the most awesome Gundam made to date. GGundam was cool but the main character was made to be this badass but whined more than some babies.

D

Deleted member 36435

Gundam Wing was the best. I also really liked the Gundam Wing Endless Waltz movie. Now, my question is where can I watch them?

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
I like Gundam Seed, ive got all of it, and will dl destiny next week. i like the animation and the story and character development was decent.

Gundam W was weird... p.s. why did they make all the males in that series gay?

On another note, theres a Gundam movie (i think its a movie... or a series i cant remember) coming out this year i think, called Gundam 00. looks ok, i dunno how the japanese arent over gundam yet though... lol

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I dont remember all the males in Gundam Wing being gay. But i know Hero is awesome cause he is almost like a anti-hero. Gundam Seed is ok i guess. And if the new movie comes out i have a hunch it will be almost the same thing again cause its always pretty much the same just usually changing up the characters and how they go through the war.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Gundam Wing was the worst of the Gundam series.

08th MS Team and Zeta Gundam were much better. 08th MS Team had realistic Mecha and Zeta had the best plot. In Gundam Wing, hundreds of pilots could die in one episode and you could care less. In 08th MS Team, you're crying your eyes out hoping the two lovers will be reunited and be ok in the end. In Zeta you witness corruption, plot twists and more character development than Gundam Wing could fit into 100 episodes.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
dude if i start crying about people dying in a anime like Gundam then you can personally shoot me. Gundam Wing was awesome i guess you didnt like it for your reasons but the anime was awesome

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
dude if i start crying about people dying in a anime like Gundam then you can personally shoot me. Gundam Wing was awesome i guess you didnt like it for your reasons but the anime was awesome

Please give me 10 reasons why Gundam Wing was so great and I'll give you 20 back for why it was horrible.

Twilight, the enitre Zeta gundam series was recently remade into 3 movies. The movies include new scenes and touch ups of the old 1980's Zeta Gundam. Your best bet is to buy the entire series in English, since the movies haven't been released in the US yet. Then again, theres always youtube, or you could pm me for links to torrents of the movies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
you couldnt give 20 but you can try
1. Heero was awesomely emotionless
2. Amazing Gundams
3. Amazing Battles
4. intersting story
5. great gundam variety
6. many deaths (always awesome)
7. provides up and downs of the pilots
8. Gundams were rebuilt and made better
9. Tallgeese was really awesome as well as the pilot
10. Paved the way to a great anime movie in Endless Walt

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Latino said:
08th MS Team and Zeta Gundam were much better. 08th MS Team had realistic Mecha and Zeta had the best plot. In Gundam Wing, hundreds of pilots could die in one episode and you could care less. In 08th MS Team, you're crying your eyes out hoping the two lovers will be reunited and be ok in the end. In Zeta you witness corruption, plot twists and more character development than Gundam Wing could fit into 100 episodes.

Quoted and bolded for truth. Expect I wouldn't exactly cry but the feeling is all the same.

blinkboy211 said:
you couldnt give 20 but you can try
LMAO

But I'll always like Gundam Wing since it was my first Gundam anime, but 08th MS team is my favorite.

Keyblade Soldier

Website
www.khkeybladewars.proboards60.com
My favourite Gundam shows are Wing and SEED.

I saw Wing first though and loved it but only a few weeks ago I discovered SEED nad have saw the whole of SEED which I thought was rather cool. I've saw about 5 episodes of Destiny though.

Wing was goo because of a few things:
1)Wing Zero and its Custom
2) Endless Waltz
3) The whole cast of characters
4) The Gundams and their MS couterparts

SEED hs its own good points:
1) Gundams like the Freedom and Justice
2) Characters like Kira, Lacus, Athrun and Cagalli
3) Haro - he really was funny, at least I thought so
4) Huge Battles

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Lol, I was being rehtorical, but sure, I'll counter your 10 points instead.

1.Heero was awesomely emotionless
1. Exactly! He was emotionless. Good character development this does not make. How exactly do you relate to what is essentially a robot?
2. Amazing Gundams
2. AWMAWGAWD! So tell me the entire physics behind metal bending in order to fly through space like a bird? 08th MS Team had the most realistic mecha. Gundam Wing Mecha was more of something out of a kids fantasy.
3. Amazing Battles
3. If one pilot taking on a hundred robots an episode who don't fight back is amazing, I don't want to know what bad is. At least in Zeta Newtypes used their abilities to make some amazing maneuvers and the battles kept from being one-sided.
4. intersting story
4. Colonies fight back earth oppression by using mobile suits blah blah blah. We've heard it all before, in the original Gundam. The minor differences we've also seen before in After War Gundam X.
5. great gundam variety
5. About 6 Gundams with a few upgrades is about as much variety as Mobile Dolls getting blown up every episode.
6. many deaths (always awesome)
6. A few people dyeing then coming back is NOTHING compared to the amount of death in ANY other Gundam Series. You should watch the end of ZZ Gundam. Main characters were picked off like flies.
7. provides up and downs of the pilots
7. through backstory that still fails to develop the characters past the point of emotionless machines.
8. Gundams were rebuilt and made better
8. That happens in nearly every Gundam series.
9. Tallgeese was really awesome as well as the pilot
Tallgeese was ugly and old. Zechs is a wanna-be Char. Miliardo is a wanna-be Quattro.
10. Paved the way to a great anime movie in Endless Walt
10. Endless Waltz was an OVA turned movie that cut out lots of things from the original OVA. You couldn't fit enough story into that short amount of time. And the battles were the same crap you saw before. One big white/black mobile suit blasts a bunch of pathetic pilots.

Gundam Wing was the first Gundam I saw too, but that doesn't mean its the best. After watching many of the other series and following the original storyline, you find that Gundam Wing doesn't have that same charm.

Oh and Gundam SEED and Destiny is awesome. Its awesome because its a good remake of the original storyline for the modern fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back