• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Halo 5 - e3 Trailer! 2012 release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: HALO 4 - GameInformer Scans, Gameplay Details!

The MLG forums and the Waypoint forums were exploding with outrage. I'm with them. E3 will be the deciding factor for me.

Awards

Call of duty stays the same, people get mad

Halo changes, people get mad

....cool

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: Halo 4

Orion's Best-Case-Scenario Speculation!

This is basically me interpreting what the changes could be (or how they could be implemented) to maximally benefit the gameplay experience.

Joining in-sesson games
Provided that you can't join into a game that's 80% done, this is great and I don't know how you could really object to this too greatly

Instant respawn
In non-objective based games, this seems fine to me to implement, such as in free-for-all or team deathmatch games. For objective games or ones relying on the ebb and flow of combat (such as Invasion and Grifball) instant-spawing would unbalance things, and so there should be a minimum time before you can respawn.

Dedicated co-op episodic content
So long as it doesn't replace campaign co-op functionality, or is just plain old Firefight (or even like ME3's multiplayer which is objective-based Firefight outside of defending generators) I wholly support this. The content that is won after each round of missions per week, however, should cover more than just the mission of the Spartan-IVs are on, otherwise it could get boring quick.

Sprint is now a default feature
So long as there isn't infinite run (or armour abilities drain from the same energy source) this pretty much avoids becoming an unbalanced feature and one that should have been around long ago given the capabilities of the Spartans.

X-ray vision armour ability
If you've got this equipped, then motion-sensor functionality should be disabled. There's no need to have both when each of them informs you of the enemy position. Extra functionality like spotting items through walls would also be nice.

No Elites in multiplayer
This is only a good choice if the armour customisation available to the Spartans has gameplay-related effects that are balanced, so that different Spartan setups can be very different gameplay wise. Such as heavy armour providing better defence once the shields are down, but slowing you down, or extra optics in your helmet enabling an extra level of zoom for all weapons, but at the cost of being more susceptible to headshots.

Potential loss of Firefight mode
If a big part of Spartan Ops pretty much becomes object-oriented Firefight, then this isn't really that big a loss, since it would be incorporated into a bigger, better system.

Abilities unlock as you rank up
Instead of gaining abilities, you gain ability and equipment tweaking, but it affects only your loadouts. The modifications you apply to the weapons or armour abilities in your loadout won't translate to equipment picked up in the middle of battle. Again, balanced tweaks like I proposed with armour - expanded magazine at the cost of damage-per-shot, faster rate of fire with less accuracy.

Multiplayer being VR missions aboard the Infinity
This could be interesting if it's used to include a further expanded variety of multiplayer maps and scenarios than in a more realistic setting, even fairly zany ones. Otherwise, making it VR instead of 'IRL' combat is meaningless when it doesn't translate to gameplay.

Loadouts
Ideally, loadouts would only be made use of in maps where set equipment or loadouts are not already set, and not include high-powered weapons such as the rocket launcher, sniper rifle or shotgun. Instead, those could be replaced with weaker equivalents like the concussion rifle, DMR/BR and mauler.

Weapon drops in/cycle through random locations
This would be downright bad if the weapons just dropped anywhere willy-nilly. Instead, I think they should cycle through a variety of locations, where once the weapon at one place has been picked up, the next place starts having subtle visual indications of where it will next pop up, but that can only be noticed when you're already close to it. Such as a glowing floor plate on a Forerunner level, out of which will ascend the weapon on a pedestal, or in the instance of an orbital-drop weapon cache, a series of glowing laser markings on the ground.

Awards

Yeah, would be nice if they implemented everything in a just and balanced manner. The Episodic co-op has me highly interested, and I think it's a great way to keep people playing.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is a forge mode though. I imagine with the virtual reality capabilities of the Infinity that they wouldn't leave that out.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Ah yes, the possibilities of VR arenas. Levels with zero/reversed gravity areas? Yes please.

Awards

that would be pretty cool, I can't help but picture being able to edit a blank room as well. Adding terrain and such to mold it into whatever you'd like.

pedrocs21

that would be pretty cool, I can't help but picture being able to edit a blank room as well. Adding terrain and such to mold it into whatever you'd like.

yep, i pretty much agree with all that, the addiction Dead bodies would also be cool (kinda like garry's mod) especially if you want to make an infection based map.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

Yeah, would be nice if they implemented everything in a just and balanced manner. The Episodic co-op has me highly interested, and I think it's a great way to keep people playing.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is a forge mode though. I imagine with the virtual reality capabilities of the Infinity that they wouldn't leave that out.

Forge is a Bungie thing, so naturally it wouldn't be implemented in upcoming Halo games.

Good thing too, Forge is an uncreative medium to use maps on (by developers that is).

pedrocs21

Forge is a Bungie thing, so naturally it wouldn't be implemented in upcoming Halo games.

Good thing too, Forge is an uncreative medium to use maps on (by developers that is).

its already been confirmed by 343 that its coming back, it was confirmed at halofest (halo 4 Q&A) and some halo waypoint weekly bulletin (Q&A too).

Awards

pfft it wouldn't be a good thing. Forge allows people to make some amazing user created content.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

its already been confirmed by 343 that its coming back, it was confirmed at halofest (halo 4 Q&A) and some halo waypoint weekly bulletin (Q&A too).

Ew.

pfft it wouldn't be a good thing. Forge allows people to make some amazing user created content.

That's why I said developers.

Forge is a great tool for the players but a Get-Out-Of-Jail-For-Free Card for the developers in that they use Forge to make new maps. At least, in Bungie's case.

Awards

It's not really a Get-Out-Of-Jail-For-Free Card since... you know... they still make new maps.

And they won't be taking assets from the campaign to use in multilayer like they did with Reach.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

It's not really a Get-Out-Of-Jail-For-Free Card since... you know... they still make new maps.

And they won't be taking assets from the campaign to use in multilayer like they did with Reach.

No, no. Bungie didn't make the new maps. 343i and Certain Affinity did.

By new I meant DLC.

pedrocs21

Forge is a great tool for the players but a Get-Out-Of-Jail-For-Free Card for the developers in that they use Forge to make new maps. At least, in Bungie's case.

Bungie only made 4 forge maps (if im not missing any?) in reach, most of the other new maps that bungie added to matchmaking were community made maps. While I agree that some of these maps weren't very good, I say that Renegade and Mt Lam Lam saved BTB.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

Bungie only made 4 forge maps (if im not missing any?) in reach, most of the other new maps that bungie added to matchmaking were community made maps. While I agree that some of these maps weren't very good, I say that Renegade and Mt Lam Lam saved BTB.

Though through the use of community-made maps they perpetuate the non-necessity of originally designed maps by the developers themselves. While it is encouraging for Bungie to have used community maps it sorta reduces the pressure on them on the task of creating new content. Not to offend any aspiring architects out there, but I'm sure there are some out there who did not pay retail price to play on maps other people - that are, presumably, amateurs - have made.

Then again, someone paying retail price to play a game for the multiplayer feature probably doesn't mind getting an incomplete game.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Though through the use of community-made maps they perpetuate the non-necessity of originally designed maps by the developers themselves. While it is encouraging for Bungie to have used community maps it sorta reduces the pressure on them on the task of creating new content. Not to offend any aspiring architects out there, but I'm sure there are some out there who did not pay retail price to play on maps other people - that are, presumably, amateurs - have made.

Then again, someone paying retail price to play a game for the multiplayer feature probably doesn't mind getting an incomplete game.

OHI'MSORRY CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THE FUN I'M HAVING PLAYING GRIFBALL AND BUILDING STUFF IN FORGE MODE SINCE I FINISHED THE CAMPAIGN AND GRADUATED MYSELF TO MULTIPLAYAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back