• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hollow Bastion in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost Host

Website
www.youtube.com
Ok I'm kinda confused about the world Hollow Bastion. There appears to be three castles :dizzy:

The first was in Kingdom Hearts 1, where we fought Maleficent and Riku. It was the lair of the Disney Villains.

In Kingdom Hearts 2, Sora recognised the castle above the town as Hollow Bastion, although it looked quite different.

And also, in Kingdom Hearts 2, at the bailey, Sora recognises 'Villain's Vale' across the great maw, in the distance.

So was Villain's Vale the Hollow Bastion castle from Kingdom Hearts 1?
If it wasn't, why would Sora recognise it?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at XD
Thanks for reading!

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
The Castle above the town is indeed the same castle from KHI. The interior and game make it pretty obvious.

Villains Vile just came out of no where and was never explained

Clarkie

i thought i was the castle across from dark depths where you fight sephiroth

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
The castle with all of the construction going on in KH2 is the one from KH1. The dark gangly castle you see across the dark depths when you fight Sephiroth is called Villains Vile, and I'm pretty sure that this was where all of the Villains met up in KH1, since that was where Pete was with Maleficent in KH2

Ghost Host

Website
www.youtube.com
The castle with all of the construction going on in KH2 is the one from KH1. The dark gangly castle you see across the dark depths when you fight Sephiroth is called Villains Vile, and I'm pretty sure that this was where all of the Villains met up in KH1, since that was where Pete was with Maleficent in KH2

But didn't the villains meet up in the room where we first fight Maleficent, in her human form, in Hollow Bastion?

It's kinda weird how Villain's Vale just popped up out of no where and was never explained =/

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
The Castle above the town is indeed the same castle from KHI. The interior and game make it pretty obvious.

Villains Vile just came out of no where and was never explained

This above is correct

Villains vale was never explain to us. It just randomly appeared.

Galoop

You know what... lol i thought it was the castle without all the ice and they were buildin it back up. ice meaning the blue cliffs lol:embarassed:

iLexi-chan

I was confused as well. The castle across the ways dose look indeed diffrent but then i noticed it was the same thing in KH1 because of the water area that dried out.So yea...

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
You guys seriously don't understand what happened? After Sora sealed the Door to Darkness and the WORLDS BECAME RESTORED, Hollow Bastion started to reform itself into Radiant Gardens once again. So, the castle basically purged the evil part from itself, which became the Villians' Vale and the true castle that was left behind is what is in the center of the town. That's also why the world is much larger and looks like its former self.

keybladealex

To TheBucket:

So what you're saying is that HB returned to the way it looked right before the Heartless invaded? So then (somewhat) by the way you said it: HB in BBS will look the way it does in KH2 and we know that that isn't right because it was a place of beauty.

TrinityxLimit

To TheBucket:

So what you're saying is that HB returned to the way it looked right before the Heartless invaded? So then (somewhat) by the way you said it: HB in BBS will look the way it does in KH2 and we know that that isn't right because it was a place of beauty.
Its looks more habitable (minus the construction) in KH2 than in KH1 to me. And who said it couldn't be beautiful in BBS? I thought it wasn't finished being restored yet.

aweomeness96

i think that where all the villians met up in kh1 is villians vile, while the castle above the town is the one where u fought riku, just being rebuilt or sumthing

TerraFTW!

i think that where all the villians met up in kh1 is villians vile, while the castle above the town is the one where u fought riku, just being rebuilt or sumthing

Why does everyone thing this? The place where you fight Maleficent in KH1 is the same place her "Alliance" met up in KH1. Villains Vale was never in KH1.

Key of Valor

The Professor
TerraFTW! said:
Why does everyone thing this? The place where you fight Maleficent in KH1 is the same place her "Alliance" met up in KH1. Villains Vale was never in KH1.

I think the reason people believe that scenario is simple because of this:

Pete went to the villain's vale to find Maleficent. It meant that Pete even though he hadn't had contact with Maleficent for a long time was able to identify that location as the place where Maleficent should reside. The villain's vale also has a table I believe, one very similar (or similar enough) to the one the villain's gathered around in KH1 to plot against Sora and the gang.

I'm willing to bet though that when KH1 was initially created, the actual Hollow Bastion Castle (Castle Chapel) was the original setting for those meetings, but they probably changed that in KH2 just so they could give Maleficent an old lair. I bet there are some connections though between the villain meeting room and that Castle Chapel since the two places were probably set up to be the same place in KH1 even though they might have changed that in KH2.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
You guys seriously don't understand what happened? After Sora sealed the Door to Darkness and the WORLDS BECAME RESTORED, Hollow Bastion started to reform itself into Radiant Gardens once again. So, the castle basically purged the evil part from itself, which became the Villians' Vale and the true castle that was left behind is what is in the center of the town. That's also why the world is much larger and looks like its former self.

Although I like your explanation, there is a problem. If it only takes an instant for the destroyed worlds to be their former selves, why is it taking more than one year for Hollow Bastion to do so? And if it were to reform, why the need for the Hollow Bastion Restoration Commitee then?

The most logical explanation is that Maleficent lived in Villian's Vale during KH1, but her meetings with the villians and her preparations for the Final Keyhole were held in the Hollow Bastion Castle. Essentially, Villian's Vale was her home while the Hollow Bastion Castle was her 'workplace'. Although why she does not stay in the Hollow Bastion Castle is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back