• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you get into Kingdom Hearts??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How did you get into the series?

• I picked it up myself

Votes: 48 42.1%
  • Somebody forced it down my throat, and I thank them for it

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Somebody bought this as a gift, thinking I'd like it

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 50 43.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raycat27_2003

Awards
We all love KH, right?? I mean, that's why most of us are here. So I ask the question: How did you get into the series?? Did a friend of yours play it first and try to shove it down your throat?? Did you see the commercials for it and thought this would bean okay game to play??

Well, for me, believe it or not, the first time I heard of it, I was in my junior year of high school and I was in a youth group at the time and said youth group always had a breakfast club Sunday mornings before the service and I was really intrigued by it, the way he told the story about good and evil and how it had Disney characters in it. I didn't officially pick it up until my senior year when I first got a PS2 and the rest is history.

So what's your story?? :D

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
One day, I went to Walt-Mart with my father, and my two sisters. My sisters saw a game on a shelf, by the peculiar name of "Kingdom Hearts" with Mickey Mouse on the cover. So, they bought it, each paying half. They played it when we got home, I don't remember their reaction but I remember I played it, I was young at the time, but after playing it for a little while:

z3450_mind-blown.jpg

Nov

Awards
I saw a commercial on TV when the first game came out. I remember thinking that the commercial was amazing and I still kind of remember it. Anyway, I didn't have a PS2 back then but I wanted to play the game badly. I remember my cousin saying that it was really easy and "for kids" but I didn't care.

My little sister got a PS2 for Christmas like ... maybe four years later or so but I hadn't forgotten about Kingdom Hearts, mostly because I had online friends who were crazy about it. So, when my grandmother gave me some extra money, I went to a store where I had seen the game earlier and bought it. And it was love at first sight.

Rapunzel

I saw the commercials on TV. I think they featured the Little Mermaid in one of them, so I begged my father to buy the game for me. I didn't play it right away. I couldn't get past the first Darkside. A few years later I picked up the game again and I finished it in a few weeks. I've been totally in love with Kingdom Hearts ever since :3

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I locked my sister out of her room as i played it nonstop for hours on end

whisperingspirit

Awards
I saw commercials for it on tv and my mom ended up buying it for me for Christmas, as well as my aunt who got the game and final fantasy x the same day. I fell in love with on it day one. ^^

Awards
I had seen the comercials rarely, and I didn't know what to think about the game fom them, so I didn't pay much attention. My sister showed me a bunch of fan comics she found, and I got curious enough to eventually ask for it as a gift. Thing is, I got Days, and I played that wondering when that spikey haired kid was going to show up... But that's how it started for me.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Well an old friend of mine who I'm no longer talking to show me this after I played FFX. I love them both to this day.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
An old friend bought it and showed it to me one day. We were both aww struck at it and played like mad men. I'd go over to his house every day after school and stay late playing it. I tried to get as much play time as I could because I didn't want him to get farther in the story without me. Eventually I bought my own copy and beat it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I really have the vaguest recollection of how I came to be in possession of a KH game.

I remember the first time I ever played KH quite vividly, but I seriously cannot recall how I got my first KH game. I don't know if my mom saw it and thought I'd like it (little did she know...) or if I saw KH2 and got it for myself?

All I recall is that 2 years before I owned my own KH game, I played the original at my friend's and cursed Tarzan's vines with my very being. Yet I fell in love with the Gummi Ship. xD

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
My mom bought it for me, we had just got a PS2 and she thought it looked like something I would like.

Also, it was rated E. She liked that a lot.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Come to think of it, I'm not sure what interested me in Kingdom Hearts. I just sort of... played it. Although, I only got into the story when I was, like, eleven.

Watanuki-kun

Website
www.fanfiction.net
It was my first vidoe game. My big sister bought it for me 'cause I was nagging her to buy me the game with the boy with the duck and the dog on it XDDDDDDDD

Last edited:

The_Dream_Shield

Website
backloggery.com
I saw the commercials for it and went "I want a PS2" =D like the sole reason I wanted one, but then I wanted Sly Cooper as well after a bit. I finally bought it on a trip to New York visiting my aunt when I was ten, and there was this game store that gave like deals, and we bought Dragball Z Budokai, Finding Nemo, and Kingdom Hearts there, after so long wanting to get Kingdom Hearts. I loved it from the very moment I saw it, and never stopped<3 It was my first real RPG, other then pokemon, and my second PS2 game (i got the PS2 a little before and eventually got Sly Cooper before KH as well)

Gram

Banned
Awards
saw the commercial when i was 12 (waaaaay back during the kh1's 1st release) and begged then got it for xmas later x)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I saw the commercial when I was younger and while hearing Simple and Clean play I knew I needed this game in my life.

This was way back when before the game was even released so and I usually wait for games to go down in price before I buy them so I put the game completely out of mind for the time being. I ended up forgetting about the game for about four years and I think it was a trip to Best Buy that reminded me about Kingdom Hearts.

I remembered how much I had wanted the game years ago so I begged my dad to get for me. I played it, got stuck in Deep Jungle (because of the God dammed vines...) and didn't progress for another year when I had the luck of finding the strategy guide that someone left behind on my desk at school.

*insert Hallelujah*

It was magical.

Kiwi +

Awards
At first, I was watching a friend play KH1 and I thought it looked interesting. I had to be ten or eleven. It wasn't until a few years later until I finally started playing them though. As I remember my first KH game being CoM on the GBA. C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back