• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you think Xehanort will be introduced in KHIII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitsdeven

I'm only asking because, I'm going to say at least half of all people who like KH have no idea who Xehanort is. A LOT of fans of the series has only played KH1 and 2 (like me) and don't own a DS, PSP or 3DS. So therefore never played the side-games! (or maybe hasn't even heard of them!) Personally I had no idea who he was, I had to look him up and read about him. As far as I knew, the most recent game in the series was KH2 and therefore the other games weren't worth spending the money to play. So I'm thinking that a lot of gamers who like KH pretty much feel the same way.

So do you think they will start the game off, assuming everyone knows who he is? Or will they completely re introduce him?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They don't need to "re"-introduce him since his current form will most likely be shown in Dream Drop Distance, which is the official prelude to KH III anyways.

Also, Dream Drop Distance and Birth by Sleep aren't side games, they are main games. Nomura even said once that the inofficial name of Birth by Sleep is KH 0.

For those who failed to recognize the importance of BBS and DDD though I do think they will do a quick recap at the start of KH III.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They will probably have a recap at the beginning of the game. They might also do what FFXIII-2 did and have a summary of the previous games as readable/watchable things in a menu.

This is why casual fans annoy me. They see no point in the "side games" (BBS is not a side game btw, nor is DDD so I feel really bad for the people who won't ever play these games. Also feel bad for people who will never play Re:coded because it is probably one of the most fun games I played in 2011 /rant) so they miss out on a chunck of the story and expect to understand KH3.

I don't know how you didn't know who Xehanort was since KH2 was the game that introduced Apprentice Xehanort (also if I remember correctly KH1 had a plaque in the End of the World with Xehanort's name on it)

Radar

Bronze Member
I personally think that a different form of xehanort will be in kh3. I think the YX in DDD will stay in that game, achieve his goal (what-ever it is) and then come back as Terranort, wearing something epic in the finale.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I personally think that a different form of xehanort will be in kh3. I think the YX in DDD will stay in that game, achieve his goal (what-ever it is) and then come back as Terranort, wearing something epic in the finale.

Whatever that form is, it will probably seen near the end of DDD since it is the game setting up KH3.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Mindbonk with triple or quadruple voices of Xemans, Ansem SoD, MX, and AX saying cryptic things about darkness and kingdom hearts, in a stormy dark place with winds going all around, while flashbacks appear of all the Xehanorts' memories. Sora looking around freaked out for where the disembodied voices are coming from, with MX popping in front of him to stab him, but Sora blocks it in time, and MX retreats back further and introduces himself.

*catches breath*

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
They will probably have a recap at the beginning of the game. They might also do what FFXIII-2 did and have a summary of the previous games as readable/watchable things in a menu.

I feel like this is the only possible route they can go at this point. I think there is way too much information in the games that fans have missed between BbS, Days, Coded, and DDD to fit into one opening sequence and make sense. Considering they have to recap FFXIII which is just one game (though it had a lot of info in it), I don't see how they can summarize 4 other games (not really Coded...that is just one thing) into a cutscene that isn't 20 minutes long minimum <_<

lmao xP I wish. Just have old creepy Xehanort pelvic thrusting for like 5 minutes straight. I wish they did that so that someone could make it into a gif

Samhain

Bronze Member
(also if I remember correctly KH1 had a plaque in the End of the World with Xehanort's name on it)

"Xehanort" never existed in KH1...by the time KH1 was made there was no such thing as Xehanort nor KH2 wasn't even in development yet.

notnow123487

Awards
Mindbonk with triple or quadruple voices of Xemans, Ansem SoD, MX, and AX saying cryptic things about darkness and kingdom hearts, in a stormy dark place with winds going all around, while flashbacks appear of all the Xehanorts' memories. Sora looking around freaked out for where the disembodied voices are coming from, with MX popping in front of him to stab him, but Sora blocks it in time, and MX retreats back further and introduces himself.

*catches breath*

I know this is a really noob question, but isn't Master Xehanort and Apprentice Xehanort the same person now. Master Xehanort is a part of Terranort and isn't Terranort Apprentice Xehanort.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I know this is a really noob question, but isn't Master Xehanort and Apprentice Xehanort the same person now. Master Xehanort is a part of Terranort and isn't Terranort Apprentice Xehanort.

Master Xehanort took over Terra's heart, and then became Apprentice Xehanort, because Apprentice is Terra and MX combined. They've always been the same person, really.

edit: and Eraqus, I guess. But no one knows what's going on with that right now. Just a big heart orgy.

notnow123487

Awards
Master Xehanort took over Terra's heart, and then became Apprentice Xehanort, because Apprentice is Terra and MX combined. They've always been the same person, really.

edit: and Eraqus, I guess. But no one knows what's going on with that right now. Just a big heart orgy.

I know its just confusing because people keep referring to MX and AX separately and I keep thinking they are the same person. Everything is way too confusing at the moment. DDD needs to come out so we aren't so confused.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
We will get to review Xehanort and some of the events he went through his life at a younger age. I wish it would start to explain his childhood like Dream Drop Distance is about to do and build it up from there.

For the end..

Xehanrot and Terra's heart become separated and Riku takes on Xehanort's heart because he knows what is it like to be consumed by darkness and its abyss. Taking the burden, Sora now must fight his own great friend in the most epic battle you'll ever experience and at the end everyone cries from the loss of Riku who scarified himself. The secret ending contains Kairi and Sora finally kissing, and a mysterious hooded figure is over watching them, protecting them.

Who is it? :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Xehanort" never existed in KH1...by the time KH1 was made there was no such thing as Xehanort nor KH2 wasn't even in development yet.

I did not remember correctly, then. I knew KH2 wasn't in dev then. Thank you for the information before the KH2 stuff, though.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I know its just confusing because people keep referring to MX and AX separately and I keep thinking they are the same person. Everything is way too confusing at the moment. DDD needs to come out so we aren't so confused.

People refer to Apprentice when it is the Apprentice that they are talking about. They wouldn't be talking about MX and referring to Apprentice at the same time. If they are, then they are idiots.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
People refer to Apprentice when it is the Apprentice that they are talking about. They wouldn't be talking about MX and referring to Apprentice at the same time. If they are, then they are idiots.

Casting them as the same is also completely ridiculous even from an in-universe viewpoint.
Apprentice Xehanort (AX) is the result of a three-heart fusion (MX, Terra and Eraqus) while Master Xehanort (MX) is the original BigBad, the one who shattered Ven's heart, finished off Eraqus and is pretty much the source of every misery in the series.
AX however doesn't even matches MX's personality and his changed eye color (+ memory loss) indicates that neither MX nor Terra were in control.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Casting them as the same is also completely ridiculous even from an in-universe viewpoint.
Apprentice Xehanort (AX) is the result of a three-heart fusion (MX, Terra and Eraqus) while Master Xehanort (MX) is the original BigBad, the one who shattered Ven's heart, finished off Eraqus and is pretty much the source of every misery in the series.
AX however doesn't even matches MX's personality and his changed eye color (+ memory loss) indicates that neither MX nor Terra were in control.

Exactly. Everyone has to be saved, including Terra and Eraqus. So when that happens, then the... "confusion" will be lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back