• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How in the world will Zero EXP work?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonidus

I know it was added for people who want the "ultimate challenge" in 1.5 and it's something that started in KH2:FM. But really, how will it work in KH1? Remember, many skills, abilites and such were available by other means in the other games. In KH2, certain bosses would give you certain bonuses and abilites that you can't get by leveling up, BBS has the whole command skill thing which means you could get every ability in the game without leveling once and so on. But in KH1, EVERYTHING is based on leveling. Staying on lvl 1 means no way of getting Guard, Scan, Ars Arcanum, Last Chance and so on and so forth, meaning it's ridiculous! I can't see how that can be done.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: How in the world will Zero EXP worK?

I guess it'll just provide that much of an extra challenge :)
Don't forget you also get magic and stuff like Sonic Blade outside of levelling up so there is that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

not to mention the bosses were true challenges rather than spamming an instant kill move.

billyzanesucks

Don't you get Ars Arcanum for beating Captain Hook?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I've been wondering about that myself. There's Strength Ups, Defense Ups, etc. that can help. Magic also isn't dependent on your level but rather Max MP.

-Roxas-XIII-

Don't you get Ars Arcanum for beating Captain Hook?

Yes, you do.

The only abilities that are not obtained through leveling are:

Dodge Roll - Defeat Guard Armour
Sonic Blade - Defeat Cerberus
Combo Plus - Complete the Phil Cup with only Sora
Tech Up - Complete the Phil Cup time trial
Strike Raid - Complete the Pegasus Cup
Ars Arcanum - Defeat Captain Hook
Critical Plus - Complete the Hercules Cup with only Sora
Ragnarok - Defeat Riku for the second time
Trinity Limit - Complete the Hades Cup
Gravity Break - Complete the Hades Cup time trial
Zantesuken - Defeat Kurt Ziza
Encounter Up - Synthesize 15 Items
Tech Up - Rescue 90 Dalmations
Cheer - Complete all 100 Acre Wood Mini-Games

Magic also isn't dependent on your level but rather Max MP.

But you get more MP through leveling up, so it's still technically dependent on your level. The only other way to increase MP is through accessories and Keyblades.

Overall, playing with Zero EXP equipped is gonna be a nightmare. It's nearly impossible to do in KH2FM (I'm stuck on Xaldin in my LV1 playthrough) but I think its gonna be even harder in KH1FM. As long as they dont make a trophy for it, because if they do, I'm probably never gonna get the platinum.

Yessir_23

Awards
If they do make a trophy regarding Zero Exp, hopefully it will just be something like "Clear the first four worlds using Zero Exp" as opposed to a whole playthrough.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
This all sounds dangerous and reckless as hell

I like it. I'll probably have one rejected save file for it though, that will not see life after Deep Jungle or something

FireKnight251

If they do make a trophy regarding Zero Exp, hopefully it will just be something like "Clear the first four worlds using Zero Exp" as opposed to a whole playthrough.

Oh God, If they made a trophy for that then there's just no denying it. Those damn Game Designers at Square are hardcore SADISTS. Not like I didn't know that after Yiazmat....

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Considering that Kingdom Hearts 1 was actually a challenging game overall I don't think that'll be a doable thing unless you want to try to beat the game without getting hit once. In other words you'll quit at Atlantica.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Overall, playing with Zero EXP equipped is gonna be a nightmare. It's nearly impossible to do in KH2FM (I'm stuck on Xaldin in my LV1 playthrough) but I think its gonna be even harder in KH1FM. As long as they dont make a trophy for it, because if they do, I'm probably never gonna get the platinum.

Yeah lol. But I don't think most of us will attempt this immediately until after they've finished their normal playthrough.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

not to mention the bosses were true challenges rather than spamming an instant kill move.
I think this is what will make KHI easi"er" then KH II on lv1 because KH II, I think, is very unfair. when you're in a high level you won't notice it but it's really, really hard to avoid taking damage and still deal damage, the thing is that you have so much health that you don't think about it. I believe KHI is a lot more fair like that

WayToDusk

I cannot imagine going through KH1 without gaining experience... I struggled to defeat certain bosses for weeks, and that's with experience! That is a challenge I cannot do.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
I cannot imagine going through KH1 without gaining experience... I struggled to defeat certain bosses for weeks, and that's with experience! That is a challenge I cannot do.

Me too, though in recent years I've found the bosses to be a lot easier (maybe it comes with getting older). I've never done a zero exp run in any of the games that have it though. Can anyone tell me if its any fun or just annoying (I do play lots of really hard games)?

-Roxas-XIII-

I've never done a zero exp run in any of the games that have it though. Can anyone tell me if its any fun or just annoying (I do play lots of really hard games)?

In all honesty, it's just annoying.

In KH2FM the first real challenge for me in the LV1 playthrough was Dark Thorn (the boss in Beasts Castle). I died about 10 times. Next was probably Cerberus (about 5 or 6 tries). Then the next biggest challenge was Barbossa. I didn't die very often, but since Jack didn't level up either, he had low stats and was constantly being killed which prevents Sora from winning as well. Probably about 15 tries to beat him. After that was smooth sailing all the way to Demyx in Hollow Bastion. That fight took me (no joke) about 30 to 40 attempts. The next issue is Xaldin. I'm stuck on him and I don't really have the interest in trying to fight him like 50 times just to be stumped by the next boss....

The only way to get through the LV1 playthroughs is to practice, practice, practice, and memorize the boss' strategy. It's really satisfying when you beat one, but the attempts are just boring sometimes...

Happyfunshineman

Awards
In all honesty, it's just annoying.

In KH2FM the first real challenge for me in the LV1 playthrough was Dark Thorn (the boss in Beasts Castle). I died about 10 times. Next was probably Cerberus (about 5 or 6 tries). Then the next biggest challenge was Barbossa. I didn't die very often, but since Jack didn't level up either, he had low stats and was constantly being killed which prevents Sora from winning as well. Probably about 15 tries to beat him. After that was smooth sailing all the way to Demyx in Hollow Bastion. That fight took me (no joke) about 30 to 40 attempts. The next issue is Xaldin. I'm stuck on him and I don't really have the interest in trying to fight him like 50 times just to be stumped by the next boss....

The only way to get through the LV1 playthroughs is to practice, practice, practice, and memorize the boss' strategy. It's really satisfying when you beat one, but the attempts are just boring sometimes...

That's unfortunate but about what I guessed. Maybe someday but for now this is one beast I'm not ready to tackle.

Awards
Me too, though in recent years I've found the bosses to be a lot easier (maybe it comes with getting older). I've never done a zero exp run in any of the games that have it though. Can anyone tell me if its any fun or just annoying (I do play lots of really hard games)?

It's basically for people who are very hardcore gamers and spend a lot of their time playing games. You have to be very strategic to be successful at it. A lot of them even go the extra mile without equipping any abilities, using weaker weapons, not using Cure and just items, no special attacks, etc. It's not something that I'm really interested in doing ever lol

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Me too, though in recent years I've found the bosses to be a lot easier (maybe it comes with getting older).

The game is honestly not that difficult. It is more difficult than KH2, but part of that is just clunkier mechanics and design flaws in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back