• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many people are done with Nintendo???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khandbz

I am so done with Nintendo so I got a 3ds it was great especially when I got to play DDD, Re coded, and 358/2. Then they came out with the new 3ds :mad::mad: and i want xenoblade so bad. All heart broken and scorn I almost bought it and then I said forget it I'm getting a vita. The vita is good anyways cause maybe well be able to use it in Kh3 but that's another thread.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
To be honest, I'm very much a casual when it comes to Nintendo. I usually ever get the handhelds for whatever new KH game/SE game is coming out for it and Pokemon. Anything else I get is usually an impulse buy or a title I don't consider until I actually own the handheld. However, I am a tad frustrated that they announced the New 3DS so soon after the 3DS, especially since no matter what they say, it's a new handheld, like the 3DS was to the DS.

I actually thought this thread was going to be more about Nintendo's behavior with YouTubers lately, which actually does get me rather frazzled.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nintendo releasing new fightpads, ssb. dlc + amibos existing. Along with bad social/online capabilities and accounts permanently tethered to their respective Wii u console and linking themselves to 3ds portables where you can't disconnect when the systems are busted.

now Nintendo is too big a piece of my childhood to abandon it but its got to adapt with the crowd, if it didn't lack games it'd be fine but no one wants their games on Wii u due to above mentioned issues.

Sora67

Banned
Lately I've been really big into Nintendo; probably because Sony/Microsoft have nothing really interesting out.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Sometimes, I find my 3DS useless, since it's supposed to make you connect with people and you're supposed to be able to message them, but you can't... and I live in a country that has a huge disinterest in games, generally, the may know about the Playstation line, but Nintendo is a total stranger to them, so I don't have people to Streetpass or idk. You can record only 10 seconds of sound, Internet Browsing doesn't load well (I can read manga on my 3DS though! haha), Youtube video quality isn't that great, I don't know if you can transfer your photos from there directly to your PC (perhaps only with a SD card reader thingy), not to mention I don't have any more games to play on it for some months till I get munny to buy stuff xD
but other than that, if you got games, the 3DS is great. If you got friends with 3DS, it's even better. *shrug*
Nintendo hopefully will adapt to the new Internet-obssessed age, and better their applications linked to the Internet.. Oh, and make Themes FREE, geez, I want a Pokemon Theme and none is free, as if it isn't bad enough that I have to pretend I'm from the UK because most of the in-built games/programs don't work in my country

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm not exactly done with Nintendo but, I miss being able to use Swapnote until immature people around the world ruined it by doing things on it they weren't suppose to. Was one of my favorite ways to stay in contact with friends and send them drawings I made. :3 Excluding that, I'm hoping the 3DS will still get games despite the new 3DS being out.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Seeing how their handhelds are basically fancy Pokemon playing devices, I don't think I'll ever be done with them.

Anagram

Banned
I've been disgruntled with Nintendo for years. Since the wii in fact. The first gripe was the controllers. I hate motion control but I hated more that what few games worth buying for wii only worked with wii when it had so many other controller options. If your only gonna use one don't tease me with other options.
The new wii u gives me similar annoyances because I hate the gamepad a lot. I an use the pro controller though so there's at least that.

The second gripe was games. I think everyone has had that gripe though. Even now the best thing they have going for them is Xenoblade and Last Story.
They tend to ignore a lot of their own flagships too like Metroid or Star Fox and the ones they don't ignore aren't exactly a change of pace.

Online is very off putting to. I do t know who's idea it was to make accounts and the history of things you buy system specific but they need to be in another job or position.

I have a wii u right now. Managed to acquire one somehow but aside from Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 I have yet to see anything with getting on it so the verdict is till out on how long I'll have it.
I also have a 3DS but the only reason I still have it is because of my The World Ends With You, Ocarina of time and Majoras Mask games. I also have the Ruby remake but I go bored of pokemon quick after beating the league and story. Collecting, breeding, contests, Eric. All those other things to do in pokemon bore me and aren't any fun whatsoever.

As time goes on I can't help but agree with all the crazy ideas is see for Nintendo such as "going Sega" or focusing only on handhelds. Don't really care what they do but I wish they'd do something.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
One, I don't really know why this isn't in the video game area. Two, there are plenty of reasons to be annoyed with Nintendo, but them expanding their DS systems isn't really one of them. Why don't you just trade in the 3DS you have for a new one? What I'm doing soon enough. The vita's great, too, but it is unfortunately not as widely supported and doesn't have as many games as the DS has and prolly never will.
I also severely doubt KH3 will have Vita support and if it does I really dunno why.

The Wii U and the new 3DS are highly winning me over. There are about 15 games I want to play on the Wii U, and so many more on the DS/3DS as is, and playing Smash portable with my Peach Amiibo is pretty sweet.

Sora67

Banned
My policy is when 10 games come out for a system I will get it, Sony/Microsoft have 0 so it'll be a while before I get either system. The Wii U and 3DS are both amazing systems. Just most gamers now a days only care about is graphics. I do t care about graphics as long as the game is fun and addictive I couldn't care less.

Xelon99

Awards
Never been much of a brand-specific type, but Nintendo isn't too interesting for me. I got a DS for the obvious handheld reasons, with one of those R4 cards in it because I enjoy playing japanese games. Then I did get a 3DS for KHDDD, eventually Pokemon as well. And I'm planning to get Zelda on it for the replay memories still someday... but other than that... not really. The Wii was fun but it failed completely to the point where gamestores don't even want to take anything related for free.

Nintendo will always be good due to several games they keep remaking and the sheer memories. But they're nothing special for me. There simply are too many better games on other consoles for me. It also doesn't help that I barely know anyone with a 3Ds

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Never been much of a brand-specific type, but Nintendo isn't too interesting for me. I got a DS for the obvious handheld reasons, with one of those R4 cards in it because I enjoy playing japanese games. Then I did get a 3DS for KHDDD, eventually Pokemon as well. And I'm planning to get Zelda on it for the replay memories still someday... but other than that... not really.
Why not get Link Between Worlds because it's diddlying good. It's one of my favorite Zelda games.
Also Smash, Persona Q is fun, I'm playing Kirby.

I don't get you guys at all. @___@

The Wii was fun but it failed completely to the point where gamestores don't even want to take anything related for free.
What... are you talking about...? The Wii is really picking up steam, like it's the most successful of the current gen consoles, and everyone wants one. At least, this is around where I live. Smash, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, Kirby, Mario Party, Mario 3D World, etcetcetc. Like these are just games that I've played/want. Plus I'm probably going to play Splatoon as well. Game stores can't keep up with Amiibo demands, and are selling Wii U games pre owned near full price. The Wii U is doing super well.

There simply are too many better games on other consoles for me. It also doesn't help that I barely know anyone with a 3Ds
I think we live in different worlds. I'm trying to sell my 3DS XL to get a new one and everyone who wants one has one already. Like literally all of my friends have one. It's just unheard of to not have one at this point in time.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The 3DS is pretty good still, definitely benefits from its backwards compatibility because the DS has a helluva library.

The Wii and Wii U on the other hand... ugh. They have some things going for them but not enough and it's getting really annoying to keep being disappointed by Nintendo's home consoles (looking at you too, GC).

It's especially frustrating when it appears Nintendo is abandoning the Wii U and looking towards the future instead of supporting the damn system they just put out a little while ago.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I don't think anyone can logically argue the 3DS doesn't have games, even with excluding DS titles.

Want some thrills and mystery and exploration? There's Luigi's Mansion, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy/MiracleMask/vs Phoenix Wright, Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, etc.

Want an adventure that will eat away more hours of your life than you intended? There's Pokemon XY/ORAS, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Monster Hunter 3/4, Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei IV/Devil Survivor 1&2, Fire Emblem, etc.

Want a life simulator with a twist? There's Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Story of Seasons, Tomodachi Life, Fantasy Life, Nintendogs+cats, Cooking Mama 4/5, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, etc.

Want an RPG? There's Bravely Default, Conception II, Etrian Odyssey Untold/2 Untold/IV/Mystery Dungeon, Tales of Abyss, etc.

Want something to waste your money on that you'll regret ever purchasing? There's Young Justice: Legacy.

And that's only to name a few. I barley named any 1st party games or download-only titles.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You not mentioning kh 3d is making me angry

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't think anyone can logically argue the 3DS doesn't have games, even with excluding DS titles.

Want some thrills and mystery and exploration? There's Luigi's Mansion, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy/MiracleMask/vs Phoenix Wright, Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, etc.

Want an adventure that will eat away more hours of your life than you intended? There's Pokemon XY/ORAS, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Monster Hunter 3/4, Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei IV/Devil Survivor 1&2, Fire Emblem, etc.

Want a life simulator with a twist? There's Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Story of Seasons, Tomodachi Life, Fantasy Life, Nintendogs+cats, Cooking Mama 4/5, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, etc.

Want an RPG? There's Bravely Default, Conception II, Etrian Odyssey Untold/2 Untold/IV/Mystery Dungeon, Tales of Abyss, etc.

Want something to waste your money on that you'll regret ever purchasing? There's Young Justice: Legacy.

And that's only to name a few. I barley named any 1st party games or download-only titles.
Crying, too funny and sad. xD

3DS is pretty much the only thing they've got going for them. I'm curious how the N3DS and N3DS exclusives are going to play out...

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I would only consider leaving Nintendo when other companies can put the same love and devotion into games that they do. The past few years have been filled with games that are overhyped, buggy upon release, or have content completely missing or DLC happy. Games like Evolve and Titanfall are trying to start a trend where we pay full price for a game that only works for online multiplayer.

Sure, they might make some mistakes in the hardware aspect, but they do seem to be trying. While the New3DS might annoy some people, I kind of view it as a spiritual successor to the DSi. New functionality, more power, some exclusive content, but ultimately the same game system. And their announcement of their new console (NX) isn't even worth considering right now. It doesn't mean they're abandoning the WiiU. When the WiiU released, they flat out said they begin developing a new console almost immediately after the current one hits the market. The NX comment was basically to squash all the rumors of Nintendo ditching consoles and moving to pure software or mobile development.

So yes, Nintendo has made some errors in how they handle their business. But they're still in better shape than either Sony or Microsoft, they have room for trial and error. I believe they still keep the gamers in mind when they go about their business, which is something I don't believe for every company out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back