• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many people beat Leon at the beginning of KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Hercules in particular was annoying on proud due to the whole barrel mechanic of his fight.
Holy cow, this just reminds me AGAIN how much I despise invincible bosses... X[

I really don't like it when the fight is rigged to where you can't win (not referring to Herc). Even when the actual part of the story demands a loss on the hero's part; don't make it impossible for the player! The hero is not you, but they'd give it their all, right? I'd like to not just stand there, happy to lose because I know it's helpless. I wanna try!

Cloud and Leon really got that right~

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I think with optional bosses to have that stupid "HA-HA- YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME CUZ I'M A TOOL!" is really annoying. However it makes sense with bigger bosses/more powerful boss fights. That's why I hate the heartless mushrooms. You can never touch them, and one mistake and you're screwed!

Gram

Banned
Awards
I always restarted when I got to Hercules to get the clock freeze. There'd be no way I could beat them both along with those airship Heartless all in three minutes. They aren't hard to beat, just time-consuming because they have temporary moments where you can't affect their HP at all.

You can freeze the clock on time runs!? O-O

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hercules in particular was annoying on proud due to the whole barrel mechanic of his fight.

Only when against the clock though for me.
The enemy I found to be most annoying so far on proud (and so far the only one I died against) is the Phantom because his "Nazgul-breath"-projectile kills you with two hits if you don't have Aeroga up.
Ice Titan wasn't really that much of a problem despite being on proud, Kurt Zisa, Xemnas and Sephiroth I haven't tried yet.

Cloud is also annoying when on Time Trial because when you get his HP down to a certain level, he does that stupid move of sprouting his wing and flying through the arena invincible, wasting precious time.

I always restarted when I got to Hercules to get the clock freeze. There'd be no way I could beat them both along with those airship Heartless all in three minutes. They aren't hard to beat, just time-consuming because they have temporary moments where you can't affect their HP at all.

What for a clock freeze? o_0
The Airship Heartless I immediately target with Gravity to bring down their HP.
In Time Trial challenges Gravity is pretty useful in general.
Even with 2nd-level Gravitra, I could destroy the annoying Black Fungi in one cup with one casting.

Holy cow, this just reminds me AGAIN how much I despise invincible bosses... X[

I really don't like it when the fight is rigged to where you can't win (not referring to Herc). Even when the actual part of the story demands a loss on the hero's part; don't make it impossible for the player! The hero is not you, but they'd give it their all, right? I'd like to not just stand there, happy to lose because I know it's helpless. I wanna try!

Cloud and Leon really got that right~

Bosses with invincible parts in their movesets are especially annoying when racing against time. Hades in the Hades Cup with his annoying firewall falls into the same category.

You would be pretty upset then when playing Final Fantasy IX then, lol.
You fight General Beatrix three times in that game, and each time you cannot win and she kicks your ass once she is fed up with your feeble attempts to attack her.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Only when against the clock though for me.
The enemy I found to be most annoying so far on proud (and so far the only one I died against) is the Phantom because his "Nazgul-breath"-projectile kills you with two hits if you don't have Aeroga up.
Ice Titan wasn't really that much of a problem despite being on proud, Kurt Zisa, Xemnas and Sephiroth I haven't tried yet.

Cloud is also annoying when on Time Trial because when you get his HP down to a certain level, he does that stupid move of sprouting his wing and flying through the arena invincible, wasting precious time.
On Proud, third-level spells were a necessity for that battle, plus being level 80+. Normally on Expert he would give me no problem with second-level spells, but doing so on Proud, both characters have been killed by the clock by the time I've got him down to yellow health. Plus those hand swipes do so much more damage. Can I just say how traumatic Sora's dying sound/montage is? lol I heard it quite a few times playing Final Mix Proud for the first time.

Oogie 2nd battle is strangely hard for me on Proud. I think it's because I insist on killing the flame-holders in his hand and around his neck for the tech points. Chernabog also gave me more of a challenge, and Behemoths are terrifying now whereas they were a joke to me before.

*The Hercules thing: you just play the Time Trial like normal, but when you get to the last match with Hercules, mash Start and select Re-start--the clock will freeze so you can fight Hercules without worrying about time. Also, your HP/MP will be re-filled.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
first time I played KH1 and every single playthrough I started I always beat leon and although it's not surprising, I never really saw it coming first time. Going into KH I never expected one of my favorite FF heroes to be my first character boss. (unless you count Riku, Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus.) and it's been like that every playthough I started including higher difficulties

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Just as the title says how many people beat Leon at the beginning of the game? It took me a while but I managed to deliver a final blow with just a sliver of life left (I had used all my potions from the destiny islands too).
The only reason I beat Leon without having to use a single potion was that I did not leave Destiny Islands until I was already about level 17. I was compensating for keeping Kingdom Key the whole game by level grinding early.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
@Sephiroth0812: Well, I've played quite a few games with battles that you can't win: Final Fantasy IX against HER, Mega Man X against Vile, and...sorry, my brain died. I know there's TONS more, but I'm out at the moment XD
Whoo, I'm of to a GREAT start, aren't I?

Anyway, yes: I get mad. But I'm not giving up without a fight! I'm even ok with games where you get them down a certain amount before story or sumthin cuts in. I just don't like the idea of sitting there and just TAKING it is the only option. Bleh to that!

In all honesty IX and XII are my favorite FF games~

Meganazo23

I HAVE beaten him many times, with no potions equipped but then again I was dodging every one of his attacks really badly, so of course I lost a few times ^^

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On Proud, third-level spells were a necessity for that battle, plus being level 80+. Normally on Expert he would give me no problem with second-level spells, but doing so on Proud, both characters have been killed by the clock by the time I've got him down to yellow health. Plus those hand swipes do so much more damage. Can I just say how traumatic Sora's dying sound/montage is? lol I heard it quite a few times playing Final Mix Proud for the first time.

Oogie 2nd battle is strangely hard for me on Proud. I think it's because I insist on killing the flame-holders in his hand and around his neck for the tech points. Chernabog also gave me more of a challenge, and Behemoths are terrifying now whereas they were a joke to me before.

*The Hercules thing: you just play the Time Trial like normal, but when you get to the last match with Hercules, mash Start and select Re-start--the clock will freeze so you can fight Hercules without worrying about time. Also, your HP/MP will be re-filled.

The third-level spells I already figured, but I boldly(or foolishly?) tried to tackle Phantom already at Level 75 (which was more than sufficient on normal) because I didn't have much trouble with Ice Titan on Proud.
My biggest problem so far is that despite Sora having 12 MP (with Lionheart-Keyblade) in the last third of the battle I often run out of MP when all Ethers are used up and Goofy also has no more MP left to use MP-Gift.
I always renew the stop spell on the clock every two minutes or so, and with that and using MP to attack I end up at least once in a situation where I don't have enough MP for Aeroga when he does his "Nazgul-projectile"...<__<

Unlike the Ice Titan, where I didn't see much of a difference in battle between Normal and Proud, the Phantom is certainly a bigger challenge on Proud.

With 2nd Oogie I didn't have many troubles, but I can imagine Chernabog being a pain, even on normal some of his attacks like the eruption can be quite nasty to survive.

*I need to try that out sometime, simply because fighting Cloud on Proud costs you so much time that you barely have enough left for Hercules anyways.

That's what I meant. =p

I see, lol, I never quite understood that gimmick anyways as it makes no real sense. Why would Herc's "godly" aura go out of order when hit by an ordinary wooden barrel, but not when hit by a magical special weapon like the Keyblade (or certain magic, for that matter)?

It somewhat reminded me of the old SNES-Days with Donkey Kong Country, lol.
Herc is King K. Rool and Sora is Diddy Kong (He's to scrawny to be Donkey!).

@Sephiroth0812: Well, I've played quite a few games with battles that you can't win: Final Fantasy IX against HER, Mega Man X against Vile, and...sorry, my brain died. I know there's TONS more, but I'm out at the moment XD
Whoo, I'm of to a GREAT start, aren't I?

Anyway, yes: I get mad. But I'm not giving up without a fight! I'm even ok with games where you get them down a certain amount before story or sumthin cuts in. I just don't like the idea of sitting there and just TAKING it is the only option. Bleh to that!

In all honesty IX and XII are my favorite FF games~

I guess the main reason such scripted battles exist is that the player losing is simply required for the story itself regardless of any grinding or optional sidequests that were fulfilled.
I agree though that the way how such an unwinnable battle unfolds plays a big role.
Two of the worst examples I remember are the first fight against Weiss in Dirge of Cerberus which you have to lose as Vincent in order to progress.
No matter how good you play and how much ammo you waste you cannot put a dent in Weiss' HP at all and the fight doesn't even end in a cutscene, you have to let him kill you which then results not in a game over but the required cutscene starting.
Final Fantasy XIII also has one such fight in Palumpolum when you have to face a boss with Hope (the weakest party member in terms of HP) alone.
Even if you play heavily tactically and have strengthened Hope beforehand, any damage done to the boss will not count until Lightning and Fang come to your aid, which is triggered by letting Hope's HP fall into the red zone.

Although I as a FF-fan like nearly every title and don't have a distinct favorite,
I think especially IX gets way too few love within the fandom and from Square themselves as well.
The cast of characters was very endearing and the music score one of the best of the series.
Beatrix is, besides Edea from VIII, one of my favorite "powerful" female characters from the FF series. The fact that you can use her as a temporary party member makes it even better. ;)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I see, lol, I never quite understood that gimmick anyways as it makes no real sense. Why would Herc's "godly" aura go out of order when hit by an ordinary wooden barrel, but not when hit by a magical special weapon like the Keyblade (or certain magic, for that matter)?
I've always thought that was a bit dumb myself. Sure the keyblade is a copy of the Xblade but it's still of worldly, or maybe even godly, power.
You'd think that'd be enough to harm hercules who's only a demi-god to begin with. xD
(unless he's obtained and kept his full godhood in the KH series given he had his aura before meeting Meg in KH2)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
My biggest problem so far is that despite Sora having 12 MP (with Lionheart-Keyblade) in the last third of the battle I often run out of MP when all Ethers are used up and Goofy also has no more MP left to use MP-Gift.

I always renew the stop spell on the clock every two minutes or so, and with that and using MP to attack I end up at least once in a situation where I don't have enough MP for Aeroga when he does his "Nazgul-projectile"...<__<
I know it's bizarre, but I always seem to run out of MP when I use Goofy, so I always take Donald instead. I never cast Aeroga though, and MP Rage makes sure I get at least 2 bars every time he hits me (usually 3) so I can cure right away. I just fly around the clock when he does the projectile and focus on the timer, because it usually starts again right about then.

I only dislike that fight because usually I only have a few more of the clock rewards left before I finish Hollow Bastion the first time, so it's a huge rush to beat him before the clock goes past the next reward otherwise I would have to wait 12 more hours (which I'm not...).

HK Motendra

Awards
Ah, Leon. Only 3 times have I ever beaten him, but it was a struggle each time. Probably due to his ranged shot that he had against me that I could never seem to dodge, excluding the fire magic. Nevertheless, beating him is always sooooooo fulfilling

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I know it's bizarre, but I always seem to run out of MP when I use Goofy, so I always take Donald instead. I never cast Aeroga though, and MP Rage makes sure I get at least 2 bars every time he hits me (usually 3) so I can cure right away. I just fly around the clock when he does the projectile and focus on the timer, because it usually starts again right about then.

I only dislike that fight because usually I only have a few more of the clock rewards left before I finish Hollow Bastion the first time, so it's a huge rush to beat him before the clock goes past the next reward otherwise I would have to wait 12 more hours (which I'm not...).

Hmm, now that I think of it, Donald may be actually a wiser choice to take into the battle as not only has he himself more MP, he can also cast Aeroga himself and also hurt the Phantom better with Fire, Ice and Thunder magic. As I remember now, Goofy may not even be able to hurt the Phantom at all except when it rarely uses the white orb and he can only heal with items, making Goofy less effective than Donald.

It's a pity nonetheless that you have to take Peter Pan with you, as he's almost useless against the Phantom.

To earn the clock rewards, I go normally about it before I even reach Hollow Bastion by fighting Leon and Yuffie for EXP at Olympus until each full hour, then go to the tower to collect the next reward.
Since I already have the speedster trophy, time is a non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back