• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Xehanort's Keyblade Summons Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Young Xehanort said:
Every Keyblade master is bequeathed a Keyblade of his very own. With the passing of time, as you can imagine, more and more Keyblades were forged to be handed down. But of all the Keyblades in existence, Master Xehanort's is the most ancient.

640px-Master_Xehanort%27s_Keyblade_KHIII.png

Decided to revisit this old keyblade. As we go further into the story, we begin to realize just how much of Xehanort's story involves this keyblade. Arguably, the keyblade may become something bigger even than him. We've seen it as far back as KH2FM, through the stories of BBS and 3D, once more in 2.5, and finally in the KH3 trailer, as depicted above.

Particularly with 2.5 and the KH3 trailer, we're given an idea as to how old his keyblade really is. But to drive the point home:

Xehanort's Report VI said:
The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War.

If MX's keyblade is to be considered the oldest in existence, then it only makes sense for it to be a relic of the old world (as in, before the reorganization of the Realm of Light). But if that's the case, how did it survive the reorganization (assuming no other keyblades did), and why is it ornamented as it is in the trailer?

This is where the Birth by Sleep secret movie comes in, particularly the scene that never really made any sense post-BBS. Let's take another look:

tumblr_mqf71mB5H71rx5nn6o1_250.gif

tumblr_mqf71mB5H71rx5nn6o3_250.gif

tumblr_mqf71mB5H71rx5nn6o2_250.gif

tumblr_mqf71mB5H71rx5nn6o4_250.gif

tumblr_mqf71mB5H71rx5nn6o5_250.gif

Before BBS came out, it was virtually self-explanatory: MX summons KH. It wasn't until after BBS came out did we actually think about how it didn't make sense. The X-Blade wasn't even forged at that point (not to mention it being artificial anyways), so how and why did MX summon it in the first place?

So, here's my theory.

The KH that we saw in BBS was an incomplete KH. Not just any KH, though; the KH of the old world. As such, it was kept within MX's keyblade, possibly assisting in its survival and ornamentation. Since KH must coexist with the X-Blade, this KH (that I stress is incomplete) can be more easily related to a hollow shell. Only when the X-Blade is forged will the old KH truly manifest.

So, anticipating that the X-Blade's forging would have completed KH, MX summoned the incomplete KH in BBS as the forging became eminent.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
OooooOoOooooooo. *claps*
This is pretty good, all things considered. It gets my seal of approval. Now we wait for Grassy.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
So... basically, Blue Moon here is kind of like a Nobody on "source of all hearts and light" proportions? Well, okay, that analogy doesn't hold up under much scrutiny, but I think that I understand what you're getting at here.

However, uh... you kind of lost me on how the theory has anything to do with the points that you raised about MX's Keyblade. Are you saying that MX was able to summon the incomplete shell of the old world's KH because he wielded an ancient artifact from that era as a weapon?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
So... basically, Blue Moon here is kind of like a Nobody on "source of all hearts and light" proportions? Well, okay, that analogy doesn't hold up under much scrutiny, but I think that I understand what you're getting at here.

However, uh... you kind of lost me on how the theory has anything to do with the points that you raised about MX's Keyblade. Are you saying that MX was able to summon the incomplete shell of the old world's KH because he wielded an ancient artifact from that era as a weapon?

The whole debate from five years ago came up when everyone realized that Xehanort used his Keyblade to summon Kingdom Hearts despite the fact that there was no reason he should have been able to do that. By his own wording, the real thing only shows up when the X-Blade is forged, so why did Xehanort's Keyblade summon Kingdom Hearts before it was due?

NL is saying that we now know that Xehanort's Keyblade is the oldest one currently in existence, and it was a relic from the time of the world before the Keyblade War. NL is saying if the Keyblade coexisted with the original X-Blade, and has some special sort of purpose (which is likely or else they wouldn't' have brought it up in the secret ending/showed it mounted on Xehanort's Master's wall) then maybe that's why it was able to summon Kingdom Hearts preemptively.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
OooooOoOooooooo. *claps*
This is pretty good, all things considered. It gets my seal of approval. Now we wait for Grassy.
Thanks! I will admit though that there's the terrible flaw of what to make of the KH in the RoD, which somewhat matches the description of a KH in damaged shape. Still working it out in my head, but I like to think there's a similar relationship between the old/complete KH and Young/Master Xehanort.

I think a better example to compare it to would be Vanitas' presence in 3D. He could be there through Young Xehanort, but in a very limited nature, given his lack of physical form.

Perhaps that insinuates too much that the old KH is time-traveling to the present, but I'm actually not at all opposed to that idea, either.

NL is saying that we now know that Xehanort's Keyblade is the oldest one currently in existence, and it was a relic from the time of the world before the Keyblade War. NL is saying if the Keyblade coexisted with the original X-Blade, and has some special sort of purpose (which is likely or else they wouldn't' have brought it up in the secret ending/showed it mounted on Xehanort's Master's wall) then maybe that's why it was able to summon Kingdom Hearts preemptively.

Pretty much, although I'd sooner relate MX's keyblade to KH than the X-Blade. I'm not exactly sure how even the faintest connection between a supposedly ordinary keyblade and something as grand as KH would be anywhere near possible, but perhaps it'd have something to do with the plans of the sixth foreteller.

You could even argue that such incomplete shell would have desired completion, much like how Nomura explained that Ansem and Xemnas desired their own respective versions of completion, Ansem taking over Riku and Xemnas forging KH. That desire would've driven MX (and arguably every other Xehanort) into completing KH, even if only subconsciously. Maybe I'm going in too deep with that one, but there's something sound about it.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
OMFG! I've seen that trailer so many times but I never noticed that his Keyblade turns into the orb! Everything happens so fast so it's really hard to get a visual on the details. It's really astounding that after all these years I never noticed that.

Does that happen in game?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
OMFG! I've seen that trailer so many times but I never noticed that his Keyblade turns into the orb! Everything happens so fast so it's really hard to get a visual on the details. It's really astounding that after all these years I never noticed that.

Yes, it absolutely does. Proving even that was also a huge point of contention for a while.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

o_o

Suddenly, I see the connection that I was missing earlier. NOW it makes sense...

Xera Highwind

What if an alternate way to summon KH was to use all 6 of those ancient keyblades(his and the other foretellers keyblades) . Xehanort was just summoning 1/6 of the real thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back