• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
So I've completed all three stories, but not the final episode or the secret episode. Do I have to do final episode and secret episode before the lingering spirits become available? Also, on the final episode does the Keyblade Gravyeyard ever become accessible or do you have to get everything in the save before that? Just that I've been doing things on the Final Episode save with Aqua and I realised that I can't get back to the KEyblade graveyard for the unversed mission and Vanitas Lingering Spirit...

Edit: completing the final episode allowed me to tackle the Vanitas Lingering spirit... But I can't access the whole world again so I can't get at the Unversed mission for that world... Please don't tell me I have to go back to my save pre-Final episode to do it in.... meaningI will have to compelte the Ice Cream Guide again....

Last edited:

hlc1988

Awards
And one other thing: I'm planning on starting KH2 on Critical Mode very soon. What is the best one I should pick? Sword, Shield or Rod? And what about the thing I forfeit?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
And one other thing: I'm planning on starting KH2 on Critical Mode very soon. What is the best one I should pick? Sword, Shield or Rod? And what about the thing I forfeit?

In the station of awakening, do not pick the dream sword first. If you pick the sword, you have to wait for second change till you are at level 85. I f you pick the staff, you get that ability at level 49, and that ability is really helpful against Roxas. I am not really sure does it matter what you forfeit. Because of critical mode you die fast, but that also means that the enemies die fast as well.
So I say: pick the staff. You get so many good abilities in the beginning, which make the playtrough easier. They must have designed that also with LV1 runs in mind. A really well crafted system in my opinion.

hlc1988

Awards
In the station of awakening, do not pick the dream sword first. If you pick the sword, you have to wait for second change till you are at level 85. I f you pick the staff, you get that ability at level 49, and that ability is really helpful against Roxas. I am not really sure does it matter what you forfeit. Because of critical mode you die fast, but that also means that the enemies die fast as well.
So I say: pick the staff. You get so many good abilities in the beginning, which make the playtrough easier. They must have designed that also with LV1 runs in mind. A really well crafted system in my opinion.

Thanks! :) I will pick the staff then!

I always thought the shield was the better option for harder runs though?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

No prob. :)
That is something I also thought previously. I am not sure how big of difference does the shield make, at least in KH2. In KH1, especially in the LV1 run, picking the wrong starting weapon will make the game almost impossible to beat

I was 3/4 of the last bar away from defeating the LW. 3/4 of the last bar way.
Ooh, I remember the frustration I had when I became close beating the Lingering Will the first time. Just try again, again and again, and you will finally beat him. Trust me, the feeling you get when you beat him is worth it. I still haven`t beaten him on the LV1 run. Once I have gotten him down to 3 health bars, then he started his desperation move, while gliding I flew straight to rock, the LW caught me, and that was the end of that run... I just slide down my chair while making whale sounds. :D
The best one was when my house suffered from blackout, right when I was fighting Sephiroth in KH1, and of course on LVI. I just stared the black tv-screen, mouth open.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
That is something I also thought previously. I am not sure how big of difference does the shield make, at least in KH2. In KH1, especially in the LV1 run, picking the wrong starting weapon will make the game almost impossible to beat

Ooh, I remember the frustration I had when I became close beating the Lingering Will the first time. Just try again, again and again, and you will finally beat him. Trust me, the feeling you get when you beat him is worth it. I still haven`t beaten him on the LV1 run. Once I have gotten him down to 3 health bars, then he started his desperation move, while gliding I flew straight to rock, the LW caught me, and that was the end of that run... I just slide down my chair while making whale sounds. :D
The best one was when my house suffered from blackout, right when I was fighting Sephiroth in KH1, and of course on LVI. I just stared the black tv-screen, mouth open.

It was the first time I've gotten far enough to see his DM of just flying around and I sort of figured out a way to not die during it, but I fell tot he ground and wasn't quick enough to hit my shortcut cure :(

hlc1988

Awards

Thanks! I look forward to this challenge!

I was going to finish a 100% run through of BBS before moving on to Critical Mode for KH2 but I think I'm going to leave that and go back to it later.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Since Critical Mode cuts down your HP by a lot, I'd give up the Shield. When your HP doesn't go over about 70 or so, it's better to make like a glass cannon than to waste time trying to buff your defenses.

radiantmemories

Since Critical Mode cuts down your HP by a lot, I'd give up the Shield. When your HP doesn't go over about 70 or so, it's better to make like a glass cannon than to waste time trying to buff your defenses.

But in KH2 the second weapons choice just affects the order you receive you abilities in and not stats, right?

hlc1988

Awards
Ok. I'm confused.

I've been looking elsewhere, people are saying that Second Chance you get at level 49 with the Dream Shield. Even on the KH wiki it says that. My old walthrough book says you get it at level 49 as well with the shield. But for the staff it says level 65 with the dream rod. And everywhere else it says Dream Rod you get Second Chance then as well. Everyone else on the web is saying Shield is the best since you get all three defensive abilities first.

So it seems to me, unless they made that change from the original game I should pick the Shield. I get Leaf Bracer, Once More and Second Chance all before level 50.

So I'm going to go with the Shield. :)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Ended up defeating all of the Absent Silhouettes (and oh my gosh, I'm so proud of myself; I wasn't sure I'd be able to do that at all), and now am trying the Data and Lingering Will battles.

Anyone have any specific recommendations for the Data Battles (especially Axel and Demyx's, because those are a pain so far!), btw? I was using Hidden Dragon for the Axel fight--and the MP Rage ability was helping me a lot there--but any better alternatives to that?^_^

Also, what order do you guys think I should face them all in?:)

And I'm not even going to ask about the Lingering Will fight, as I know there's no definite guide to that at all (for his opening move alone determines how the rest of the battle will go, unfortunately); I'm just going to have to pray a lot during that one, I feel. Hehehe.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ended up defeating all of the Absent Silhouettes (and oh my gosh, I'm so proud of myself; I wasn't sure I'd be able to do that at all), and now am trying the Data and Lingering Will battles.

Anyone have any specific recommendations for the Data Battles (especially Axel and Demyx's, because those are a pain so far!), btw? I was using Hidden Dragon for the Axel fight--and the MP Rage ability was helping me a lot there--but any better alternatives to that?^_^

And I'm not even going to ask about the Lingering Will fight, as I know there's no definite guide to that at all (for his opening move alone determines how the rest of the battle will go, unfortunately); I'm just going to have to pray a lot during that one, I feel. Hehehe.

There are really good guides for the Lingering Will fight actually. :) On YouTube Everglow has a really detailed one, and Soraalam1 has also one. Both of them go over every attack the LW uses, and they teach you how to react to them. But you are also right, the LW dosen`t have a pattern, since he kinda modifies it as the fight goes on.

About Demýx, just go to either Final Form or Wisdom Form(maybe Wisdom is better since), and spam the heck out of Firaga. Equip the Bond of Flames Keyblade, since it raises the damage of Fire spells by 20%. Equip a lot of Ethers, all to the max. Also use Final Form before the fight, since it reset the Anti-Sora/Anti points counter to zero, and doing so guarantees you won`t turn into Anti-Form in that fight.

For Axel, do not use quick run, since it makes you(at least it made me...) hit to the fire walls. You can use ice attacks on him, when you have used the reaction command, and he is stunned. That does a lot of damage to him, and you can increase that damage by using.. uh... I guess it was named the Deep End..? Well, that Keyblade which increases ice-spells bu 20%. Also, if you don`t get hit by Axel, and the fire floor damages, but it won`t kill you. It can drop you HP to 1, but not to zero.
Hope this helps. :)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Finally defeated the LW!!!!!!!! All it took is many hours of sweat and tears to do it. The sad thing is the only reason I beat him was due to an issue with the game. LW was at like the last bit of his last bar of health and then he cursed me out of my magic. In a panic I instinctively just went to limit form expecting my self to die and lead to more manly tears. But as you guys recall going to into a drive form lags the game so you can't move but LW can move just fine.

So when I went into my drive form, LW went for his arrow attack which is awful. But when he was shooting the arrows I was still in the middle of my transformation so the arrows didn't strike me. So when I finally was able to control Sora again the LW was into his vulnerable state after he turns his bow into a keyblade again, and I attacked him with everything I got and was able to not only destroy the curse, I was able to kill him with the next combo.

I was so happy I beat him with minimum outside advice (I did learn about how LW gets stunned by Thunder, and he's vulnerable after his bow attack ) and didn't need to cheese to defeat him with the fenir loop. I did say I wanted to beat LW before I bought a PS4 and I order one on friday which meant I was on the clock but it was all worth it.

This is me the whole day today
ToMHhFy.gif

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

It's a solid enough choice. Getting Once More super late isn't the greatest, but if you're playing on Critical Mode, you are at least partially playing it so that you can get the Secret Ending easier, so it all evens out in the long run.

But in KH2 the second weapons choice just affects the order you receive you abilities in and not stats, right?

In II, the first choice will only increase the numerical number of that stat (i.e.: Strength +1) whereas the second choice will dictate how you gain abilities and what stats will take precedence.

Ok. I'm confused.

I've been looking elsewhere, people are saying that Second Chance you get at level 49 with the Dream Shield. Even on the KH wiki it says that. My old walthrough book says you get it at level 49 as well with the shield. But for the staff it says level 65 with the dream rod. And everywhere else it says Dream Rod you get Second Chance then as well. Everyone else on the web is saying Shield is the best since you get all three defensive abilities first.

So it seems to me, unless they made that change from the original game I should pick the Shield. I get Leaf Bracer, Once More and Second Chance all before level 50.

So I'm going to go with the Shield. :)

You do indeed get the life saving abilities first with the shield, so yes it is a viable option.

As hemmoheikkinen already mentioned, use Wisdom Form against Demyx and then spit in the face of common sense and use Firaga on the water clones to mow them down (the reason it's Firaga is because there is no Water element in Kingdom Hearts II, so the water clones are Ice instead).

As for all the battles, I say that since you are most likely doing all of this post game (the last Data Battle and the fight against Terra's Lingering Sentiment are only accessible after beating the game once IIRC), just use the Ultima Weapon as your default and either the Fenrir or Oathkeeper keyblades for Final Form. You'll be spamming that and Limit Form quite a bit during the Data Battles, so hope that helps.

As for strategies, hemmo already mentioned Everglow for the Lingering Will/Sentiment, but you should also use him for the Data Battles. Granted, some you can probably do without since the boss fights are already so similar to the original (Roxas, Larxene and Marluxia come to mind). As for order, no matter what you do, I still suggest that you save Xemnas for last if not solely because he is the only one with two fights - a solo battle at the Skyscraper and the Zebra Xemnas battle alongside Riku (you are allowed to reequip items for the two of them inbetween, so there's that).

There are really good guides for the Lingering Will fight actually. :) On YouTube Everglow has a really detailed one, and Soraalam1 has also one. Both of them go over every attack the LW uses, and they teach you how to react to them. But you are also right, the LW dosen`t have a pattern, since he kinda modifies it as the fight goes on.

About Demýx, just go to either Final Form or Wisdom Form(maybe Wisdom is better since), and spam the heck out of Firaga. Equip the Bond of Flames Keyblade, since it raises the damage of Fire spells by 20%. Equip a lot of Ethers, all to the max. Also use Final Form before the fight, since it reset the Anti-Sora/Anti points counter to zero, and doing so guarantees you won`t turn into Anti-Form in that fight.

For Axel, do not use quick run, since it makes you(at least it made me...) hit to the fire walls. You can use ice attacks on him, when you have used the reaction command, and he is stunned. That does a lot of damage to him, and you can increase that damage by using.. uh... I guess it was named the Deep End..? Well, that Keyblade which increases ice-spells bu 20%. Also, if you don`t get hit by Axel, and the fire floor damages, but it won`t kill you. It can drop you HP to 1, but not to zero.
Hope this helps. :)

I remember that tripping me up the first time. I thought initially that it would indeed kill me if I let it, but when I realized that it didn't, I was able to be more aggressive which helped me win.

Finally defeated the LW!!!!!!!! All it took is many hours of sweat and tears to do it. The sad thing is the only reason I beat him was due to an issue with the game. LW was at like the last bit of his last bar of health and then he cursed me out of my magic. In a panic I instinctively just went to limit form expecting my self to die and lead to more manly tears. But as you guys recall going to into a drive form lags the game so you can't move but LW can move just fine.

So when I went into my drive form, LW went for his arrow attack which is awful. But when he was shooting the arrows I was still in the middle of my transformation so the arrows didn't strike me. So when I finally was able to control Sora again the LW was into his vulnerable state after he turns his bow into a keyblade again, and I attacked him with everything I got and was able to not only destroy the curse, I was able to kill him with the next combo.

I was so happy I beat him with minimum outside advice (I did learn about how LW gets stunned by Thunder, and he's vulnerable after his bow attack ) and didn't need to cheese to defeat him with the fenir loop. I did say I wanted to beat LW before I bought a PS4 and I order one on friday which meant I was on the clock but it was all worth it.

This is me the whole day today
ToMHhFy.gif

Congratulations, man! I remember spending the better part of a weekend having to beat that boss. Limit Form is a lifesaver in that battle. It's kinda funny how the lag is actually useful for a change. For me, I kept transforming at the most inopportune moments and kept getting hit after I got out of the transformation.

hlc1988

Awards
Well I started my critical run-through of KH2. I died twice in Hollow Bastion during the bit where you have to defend the gates. The Samurai got me twice! I made the same stupid mistake. On the third time I avoid and got them at their weakest point. I'm making a point of levelling up after completing each world so I try to stay a bit ahead of the recommended level. I'm also trying to level up drive forms as quickly as possible so I can get the maximum abilities. Only have Valor at the moment but I have high jump level 1 equipped to normal Sora. Need to get Wisdom before I can begin levelling up Valor again!

I'm convinced as I go further along in the game I am going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back