• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
nice job dude

level sora to 75 or so, limit form, elixers, sonic blade, you'll wipe him out in 5 minutes. i did, on critical mode.

EDIT: use strike raid to knock him out of the sky when he does the drain attack.

I'm currently on level 63. I just had Saix by the balls but that berserk got in the way. Going to give it a rest; been at it since 11am and now its when I stopped playing. When I get back tomorrow, I'll probably just train and try to see if I can get Final Form going to achieve glide ability.

I've still yet things to do on Critical mode. The Absent Silhouettes and Sephiroth. Maybe some Synthesis.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Well, The Key of Destiny is your other half so I thinks it`s quite fitting how strong they made him. :) I remember the night when I got to fight him in last December. I rushed towards it since I had waited for that moment for years, and then he killed me in a matter of seconds. :D I find it rather interesting how it seems that many people are having trouble against him. People waiting KH2FM being easy on harder difficulties are up for a quite a of surprise when the run into Roxas.

Roxas is the hardest boss in TWTNW in my opinion, but the the rest of the Org member can be quite hard. They are easier if you level up your growth abilities. Especially Saix becomes more easier if you have glide.

Completely agree. Xaldin and Xemnas are nothing compared to a pissed off Roxas out for blood. I like the fact that he is aggressive. Not only is it more in character for him, but it also highlight just how furious he is at Sora for making Axel sacrifice himself for his sake.

One of the worst parts about the Data-Battle for Roxas is that stealing those Keyblades is practically a guaranteed death. In the storyline fight, you can snatch them and go completely nuts with them (I mean, have you seen what you can do with those Limit attacks and three Keyblades? It's crazy!), but steal em during the Data fight and you'll get assaulted with so many pillars of light, you'll start wondering if Joshua was giving Roxas backup from the sidelines.

Surprise twist: Joshua was in The World That Never Was the entire time while telepathically being present in Traverse Town for Dream Drop Distance.

And I must say, I've seen a lot of lens flares in my time, but I don't think I've ever seen someone become a lens flare while speed-gliding around. It's a unique touch.

Sonic the Hedgehog, eat your heart out!

I gave Sephiroth a test drive on Critical. While I was able to get one bar off from him after the reaction command; he simply kills me under 1 blow...geez! Critical mode is definitely tough.

EDIT:

I just beat Roxas. Props to Chuman for the Limit Form strategy. I also switched my keyblade to decisive pumpkin just to test my luck. I noticed at the beginning of the battle you can force your way attacking him. That triggered the light beam blast he does. I ran around and the moment he was done with the attack went directly to Limit form. I performed my first Sonic Wave; incredibly he ran away from the vicinity. I caught him the second time and I knew I was out of MP so I was going to go for an elixir but little did I know he was knocked out again. So I just performed a regular combo attack while still on Limit and when the combo finished it said on the top right corner "HP Increase and Combo Master"

YES!!

Yup, chuman's right about Limit Form; that form is disgustingly broken when you use it right. Don't worry overmuch about the rest of the Organization in the castle. If you beat Roxas, you already beat the hardest story boss in the game.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I got to Xemnas's Final Form two days ago at level 71 and lost miserably. There were times I had him but gets me in that "We shall go together" lock in the air lol. I'm now on level 81. Gave the Absent Silhouette Larxene a test drive and oh boy! I had my butt kicked several attempts but got the job by once again with limit form.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I got to Xemnas's Final Form two days ago at level 71 and lost miserably. There were times I had him but gets me in that "We shall go together" lock in the air lol. I'm now on level 81. Gave the Absent Silhouette Larxene a test drive and oh boy! I had my butt kicked several attempts but got the job by once again with limit form.

To be fair, there is literally no strategy for Larxene, no matter which form. All that can be done is abusing Reflect and Limit Form.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
To be fair, there is literally no strategy for Larxene, no matter which form. All that can be done is abusing Reflect and Limit Form.

What do you recommend for Laxeus and Vixen? Just playing these guys on critical mode reminds me of the Data Battles. And those I'd imagine are WORSE!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What do you recommend for Laxeus and Vixen? Just playing these guys on critical mode reminds me of the Data Battles. And those I'd imagine are WORSE!
wait, you aren't fighting data battle!larxene and vexen? only absent silhouettes?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
wait, you aren't fighting data battle!larxene and vexen? only absent silhouettes?

At the moment yeah lol, I was fighting Roxas for the story last time. Not the Data battle which I guess should be nothing compared to the rest of these punks. I'm currently doing the Absent Silhouette since I couldn't beat Final Xemnas. So I decided to change my trajectory meanwhile.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The Larxene battle always reminds of how beautiful the animations are. The developers were able to create something really marvelous. How Larxene moves, how she clones herself, how the electricity sounds and moves, how her coat motions when she dodges and etc... glorious. Just thinking about how all the clothes and enemy attacks will look like in KHIII makes me really excited!

For Vexen, go into either Wisdom Form or Final Form, and spam the heck out of Firaga. Equip the Bond of Flames Keyblade to increase Fire spells damage 20%.
For Leaxeus, there is one move he does in the beginning of the fight which you can block. The move will always look the same, but will get more dangerous as the raises his power level. More rock are going to come from the ground. . Just try to learn his moves, the ones you can block, and the ones you can`t. You can use either Reflect or normal block. Try to learn recognize the move which he does in the beginning, because if you block it, you will get a reaction command. The attack looks like ripping motion across the floor.
Your level is good enough
When he does the move where he bounds the ground and rocks rise from it, by looking Leaxeus hands you will be able to learn to time your dodges, so you won`t take damage. It might look difficult at first, but once you learn it, it`s easy.
For Leaxeus desperation move, he goes to the air, and crashes down. Run to the center of the arena, and just when he crashes to you, use block. Quickly after that, use reflect to block the boulders that come from the ground, as he pulls his weapon out from the floor. You can try to use reflect to block his whole DM, but I am not sure if you have enough combo plus abilities. Leaxeus is a really fun boss. :)

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
At the moment yeah lol, I was fighting Roxas for the story last time. Not the Data battle which I guess should be nothing compared to the rest of these punks. I'm currently doing the Absent Silhouette since I couldn't beat Final Xemnas. So I decided to change my trajectory meanwhile.
at level 81, AS should be cake. limit form is your best friend. spam strike raid for lexaegus, keep ethers/elixers handy and abuse sonic dash for larxene, sonic dash/fire spells on vexen, zexion is probably the easiest, just keep on your toes and use limit form on destiny islands portion of fight and marluxia is simple.

just guard, dodge and attack, your hit points are lowered one every attack and your level is your hit points. the reaction commands available when you guard his flurry in the earlier stages are invaluable, limit form is a given, make sure you have once more/second chance and when the screen goes dark and pillars erect, use glide. he too will fall. it's a song and dance.

p.s. for anyone who has dodge roll and evade equipped, hold square to evade and tap it to dodge. i figured this out but it may be easiest to disable the one you don't use.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I took a trip down to the Cavern of Remembrance. There's no way in hell I'm doing the Data Battles just yet. I'm going to continue to venture and see if I could just beat Absent Silhouette. What's the point of having so many AP Boosts for Critical mode. I'm begging for some Defense Up lol.

hlc1988

Awards
So I've been trying to defeat Vanitas Lingering Spirit... has anyone got any good strategy for that fight? Terra is at level 48. I'm still getting creamed by him.

And I'm still struggling with the Mirage Arena Keepers of the Arena battle as well. I am trying to 100% all the characters and I'm nearly there with Terra I think. But it is so difficult.

Anagram

Banned
Okay guys, trying this again. Gonna try and level 1 both KH1 and KH2. My boredom has reached the necessary levels!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Just finished beating the story on Critical Mode...Platinum trophy is in my grasps. I still have some Absent Silhouette to go through and the Data battles...

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Okay guys, trying this again. Gonna try and level 1 both KH1 and KH2. My boredom has reached the necessary levels!

For level 1 play trough in KH1, you have to chose the staff in the beginning. MP is the key on that playtrough, and you are gonna need it. Don`t pick the sword like I did. It made things really difficult and some even say it`s impossible to clear the game after that. It has to do with the less amount of MP, but somehow I managed to beat the game. KH1 dosen`t have one hit kill moves, but it is little more difficult. You don`t get abilities like guard. And you have to beat Phantom before you can complete the game, since you need stopga to get trough the final Heartless room. But as with the KH2FM lv1 run, it is really rewarding and fun when you master the game. This reminds me that I still haven`t beaten some of the super bosses on LV1 in KH2FM. A few Data-Battles and the Lingering Will is all that is left.

Just finished beating the story on Critical Mode...Platinum trophy is in my grasps. I still have some Absent Silhouette to go through and the Data battles...

The plat trophy for me requires only the Gummi ship trophies, but I just can`t make myself to do them. Wish I had your courage and willpower to beat them.

So I've been trying to defeat Vanitas Lingering Spirit... has anyone got any good strategy for that fight? Terra is at level 48. I'm still getting creamed by him.

He is hard to do with Terra. I have beaten him with Ven and Aqua, but Terra`s terrible dodge makes the fight difficult. I try to evade him the best as I can, and abuse some of the more powerful finsihers like Dark Star, and abilities like renewal block. You can always try to level up Terra, since he gains exp the fastest.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

And I'm still struggling with the Mirage Arena Keepers of the Arena battle as well. I am trying to 100% all the characters and I'm nearly there with Terra I think. But it is so difficult.

Oh sweet mother of Gaia, I remember the horror that was Terra's awful dodge! I beat him earlier this year, but Jesus Christ, was that battle a pain. I distinctively recall having to use the Sonic Shadow shotluck just to avoid the one attack at the beginning where he does his Kagebunshin no Jutsu one attack where his clones attack from that one black ball...thing. From there, I literally did nothing but hit him with my keyblade by either hitting him outright or using Counter Hammer with the occasional Explosion. When I got to the last hit, that's when I used a Thunder Surge to end the battle.

Also, on a side note, stick with the Chaos Ripper as your keyblade when tackling the Super Bosses. Considering that Terra's biggest strength is his physical attack, that's the keyblade you'll want to stick with.

Oh noes, the madness continues! Good luck, man.

Awesome job, man. The Absent Silhouettes should go down at the level you're at right now. For the Data Battles, I suggest leveling up to 99 first. I needed to do that and believe me when I say that it helped me on a couple of bosses (Data Marluxia comes to mind since the Doom counter is set to your level).

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Oh sweet mother of Gaia, I remember the horror that was Terra's awful dodge! I beat him earlier this year, but Jesus Christ, was that battle a pain. I distinctively recall having to use the Sonic Shadow shotluck just to avoid the one attack at the beginning where he does his Kagebunshin no Jutsu one attack where his clones attack from that one black ball...thing. From there, I literally did nothing but hit him with my keyblade by either hitting him outright or using Counter Hammer with the occasional Explosion. When I got to the last hit, that's when I used a Thunder Surge to end the battle.

Also, on a side note, stick with the Chaos Ripper as your keyblade when tackling the Super Bosses. Considering that Terra's biggest strength is his physical attack, that's the keyblade you'll want to stick with.

Awesome job, man. The Absent Silhouettes should go down at the level you're at right now. For the Data Battles, I suggest leveling up to 99 first. I needed to do that and believe me when I say that it helped me on a couple of bosses (Data Marluxia comes to mind since the Doom counter is set to your level).

I was a bit intimidated going at the last three Absent Silhouettes and turned out to be fairly easy at my level. Actually used the Drive Forms to finish them off. Limit helped a lot and I ended up getting Anti-Form against Marluxia and that placed him within a lock. Data Battles is going to be crazy and Lingering Will. If I had my butt handed to myself in Beginners mode; I'd imagine on Critical lol.

For level 1 play trough in KH1, you have to chose the staff in the beginning. MP is the key on that playtrough, and you are gonna need it. Don`t pick the sword like I did. It made things really difficult and some even say it`s impossible to clear the game after that. It has to do with the less amount of MP, but somehow I managed to beat the game. KH1 dosen`t have one hit kill moves, but it is little more difficult. You don`t get abilities like guard. And you have to beat Phantom before you can complete the game, since you need stopga to get trough the final Heartless room. But as with the KH2FM lv1 run, it is really rewarding and fun when you master the game. This reminds me that I still haven`t beaten some of the super bosses on LV1 in KH2FM. A few Data-Battles and the Lingering Will is all that is left.

The plat trophy for me requires only the Gummi ship trophies, but I just can`t make myself to do them. Wish I had your courage and willpower to beat them.

He is hard to do with Terra. I have beaten him with Ven and Aqua, but Terra`s terrible dodge makes the fight difficult. I try to evade him the best as I can, and abuse some of the more powerful finsihers like Dark Star, and abilities like renewal block. You can always try to level up Terra, since he gains exp the fastest.

Gummi Ship Missions are easy! Just make sure you learn how to build ships. Once you have the idea of building a Donut Ship. You're good to go; especially for Assault of Distraught. You just have to keep playing them to keep getting ships parts. And the Trophy Missions; you don't have to do every mission.

Anagram

Banned
Haaa....haha....I kinda picked the sword since the staff does such little damage. I kept the staff though as my second stat so I have two mp bars. Will I be okay?

Thanks. I'll probably get to mad and stop again lol. The only game I beat on level 1 is BBS but that game is horribly broken and extremely easy to break. lol

Sage-Oracle V

If you're still on Keepers of the Arena, the Iron Imprisoner is just a really poorly designed boss. Half the time when he kills you (particularly as IV, III too) it's because of a nonsensically effective attack, as I'm sure you've notice. It was probably done this way since it's supposed to be fought in multiplayer, and we all know where the story goes from there. There's no way around most of it aside from Triple Firaga spam or grinding. Of course, projectile spells will stop it in it's tracks on some of the especially bad attacks, such as the flaming spinning top of stunlock, but good luck not getting hit during end lag or start-up time.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Yay the iron guy get tough for a non Aqua charachter, but if you study it's patterns hey gives you a couple opening after he is done spinning.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Just noticed there are more Lucky Lucky on Critical than what it had on Beginner. I just got myself 4 Lucky Rings just in case. I ended up defeating Marluxia and Saix from the Cavern of Assemblage. I tested myself against Data Xemnas, the first round is incredibly easy until you fight that Final Form again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back