• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I dont really know how to handle this

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LionHeart14

Alright, so, I'm kinda torn between two guys right now. I'm not gonna use they're real names just... because, so we'll call them Bob and Joe.
I'll start with Joe. I've been friends with Joe since I was in 3rd or 4th grade. He lives right down the street from me so I see him pretty much everyday. I consider him my best friend. I've kinda had a crush on him since like 7th grade, but I don't think he feels the same way. He's a grade ahead of me, so he dates girls that he knows in his grade. For some reason I feel kinda jealous whenever he has a girlfriend, but not enough for it to actually bug me, and plus it's never changed our friendship before.
So recently, like 2 weeks ago, Joe introduced me to Bob. Joe obviously had the idea of setting us up, but I'm not sure if Bob's the one that told Joe to, or if Joe just decided that we'd make a good match. Initially I was a little hurt, because I liked Joe and everything, but I decided to meet Bob and see how things go.
I met Bob, and now I really like him lol. We've been texting eachother and stuff, and we have a lot of the same interests and he's really cool and stuff. But at the same time, I still kinda like Joe, and I'm afraid that if Bob and I start actually dating, he'll feel left out, being good friends with both of us.
So Bob and I are going on a date to the movies about a week from now, and my mom told me she'd feel more comfortable with me going on a group date. And I figure, 'we're both good friends with Joe, I'll ask him.' So I ask Joe to go, and he said he'd need a date. So I asked one of my friends to go with him, and she agreed. I don't want to feel jealous though. I've been jealous of this friend before because she went out with a kid I liked during the school year. She didn't know I liked him though. They're obviously not together anymore though, and I obviously don't like that kid anymore haha.

So, should I get over my crush on Joe because I really like Bob and we're reeeally close to actually dating?
Also, because Joe knows both Bob and I, I feel inclined to invite him to everything Bob and I do, but I don't want that, and I'm sure Bob wouldn't like that either. I just don't want Joe to feel left out :/
Any advice on how I should handle the whole thing?

see how things progress with bob first. if i were you i'd try and stay away from dating a close friend, it has the potential to ruin the friendship. but of course there are instances when dating a close friend makes the relationship stronger. so it's a 50/50 shot with joe.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Well, it kind of sounds to me like Joe doesn't really like you like that, I mean you all are really good friends, it doesn't sound like a risk either of you should take. It could ruin your friendship. It's not BAD to feel like you have a crush one someone when you are dating someone else. But if you give Bob a chance I'm sure, given time, your feelings for him will overshadow your feelings for Joe, if you truly end up liking Bob.

LionHeart14

^^ you both have good points about the ruined friendship thing lol. Thanks for your inputs

I'm still not really sure what to do about dating Bob without Joe feeling left out...

Last edited:

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Try... Not asking people on a freakin' Kingdom Hearts board.

Also, does it really matter all that much? No matter what you do, it's awkward, and you'll forget about the whole thing 6 months from now.

LionHeart14

Try... Not asking people on a freakin' Kingdom Hearts board.

Also, does it really matter all that much? No matter what you do, it's awkward, and you'll forget about the whole thing 6 months from now.

Thats why I posted in the help and support board which is in the non KH section as Informal Gluttony said, idiot. And yeah, it does matter to me. It's called my social life.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
My advice is to see how things go with Bob, because if you are friends with someone and try to date them things just don't go right. If things go badly with Bob though, then give Joe a shot. Don't let your feelings for Joe ruin the times you go out with Bob and vice versa, just have fun (and who knows, Joe might develop a crush for you along the way).

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
How many Help and Support threads must be made?!

I mean seriously, what's with the sudden spike in people's problems?

But seriously, this isn't worth even thinking about. Just get them both drunk and convince 'em to fight. Whoever survives is your new boyfriend.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i see the possiblity of you not getting over the guy you've like for the past couple years. then again, i've never liked more than one person at one time.

i never understood how you can like one person and still be liking another one.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Don't worry about Joe, if somehow you met Bob and liked him, and Joe doesn't mind, it shouldn't be a problem. It's nice that you have Bob and that you like him right? You and Joe are just friends, so I'm sure you'll be fine and anyway, Joe might help you out if he came with you and Bob on your date. Think about it, I mean, if you needed a guys insight on the dating scene for what a girl should and shouldn't do, ya know? Anywho, hope all goes well with Bob and I'm sure you and Joe can still be friends, I know you liked him but I'm sure you'll get over him because you'll be too busy falling for Bob, right? Hope this helps and wish you a very good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back