• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I hate Rikai

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idkanymore92

Awards
We know Sokai is going to be a thing which i also dont like but the thing that gets me is that a lot of people believe Riku also liked Kairi. At first i didn't want to see it but if many people believe it there's gotta to be something to it. I personally think if that's true that it's a horrible example of a trio of friends that one girl could ruin a relationships between two childhood friends. I personally can't stand Kairi and i'm allowed to have this opinion.I dont get why people like the fact that he liked Kairi why i mean you know she likes Sora whats the point of having Riku also like her. Kairi also treats Riku like garbage and doesn't deserve him. I hate that she came between two best friends. I feel like Kairi didn't do anything to deserve Riku feelings which means it's a shallow based thing which i hate. I loved Riku when i saw him as a guy who only cares about his friends but if he likes Kairi sorry i think it's pointless. I could see him liking Namine who's way better than Kairi who also at least cared about him but no he likes Kairi. Also the fact that in kh2 he says her name as a death quote i don't get why that's necessary. He barely talks to her yet he still has feelings for her ughh.I don't see the point in both main guys being into a boring lead girl like Kairi i hate it. I better not see Riku in kh3 say i used to like Kairi or anything like that it's so stupid but Nomura don't seem to know much about romance. Anyone else agree with me?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If he did have any romantic feelings for Kairi in the first game, I doubt he still has them. A lot has changed since the first game. I wouldn't worry about Riku mentioning them in KH3.

Sokai will probably be canon though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This sounds like a Kairi complaint thread.

Anyways, I don’t think Riku actually liked Kairi but rather liked the idea of fighting over her with Sora. He felt inferior and jealous of Sora, and wanted the attention of his friends. He wanted to feel needed because his goal was always to be the defender of his friends. When it appeared Sora didn’t need him, he hyperfixated on protecting Kairi. The whole time it was just his jealousy and bitterness driving him rather than any crush he might have had on Kairi.

Rikai is not a thing really referenced after KH1. He admires and respects Kairi, and the both of them bond over their connection to Sora as seen in KH2 & 0.2.

Riku also has Sora as a death quote. It’s mostly because he thinks about his friends when he is about to die as he is driven to protect them.

Riku is so far (gone for Sora) past his KH1 incarnation that they likely won’t ever reference that he may or may not have had a crush on Kairi. Riku has bigger things to be concerned about, and he is more likely to be thinking of Sora at any given moment than Kairi.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Come to think of it we have barely ever seen Riku and Kairi interact with each other without Sora. They were together for a while in KH2 and Riku did pick her up for Yen Sid but that's about it. Sora and Kairi have limited screentime together as well but that's still more that Riku and Kairi.

I could kind of see why people feel that she likes Sora more than Riku(even though I dont think that's true)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Come to think of it we have barely ever seen Riku and Kairi interact with each other without Sora. They were together for a while in KH2 and Riku did pick her up for Yen Sid but that's about it. Sora and Kairi have limited screentime together as well but that's still more that Riku and Kairi.

I could kind of see why people feel that she likes Sora more than Riku(even though I dont think that's true)

I’m pretty sure Kairi cares about Riku, just not as much as she cares about Sora. The same goes for Riku, though, so it isn’t like they aren’t on the same playing field.

Aestuo

I agree with Oracle. Riku did always seem to feel inferior to Sora even when others praised him or told Sora otherwise. Riku probably could see Sora's true growth and potential and in doing so neglected his own abilities and potential, rekying on someone else. He always seemed like Kairi's older brother. It didn't help that while others relied on Riku, Kairi always called Sora first. She saw what he saw which made him see it and he started on this path of his. Probably all started when Terra blessed him a Keyblade Wielder. At the end though I'm a Roxas/Xion man myself. Roxas/Namine works too but that's 2nd in my book.

Ashton69

Awards
Sora is Kairi's first love and we all know how those tend to work out. She will get with Riku and the relationship will be great. Just like Sakura and Sasuke!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora is Kairi's first love and we all know how those tend to work out. She will get with Riku and the relationship will be great. Just like Sakura and Sasuke!

god damn, Ashton. When you're right, you're right. Sending 14 dollars via paypal as we SPEAK!

Riku and Kairi will laugh at Sora, leaving him behind

shady543

Awards
why must everything relate to naruto lol

Really the only problem I have with Riku and Kairi is not the pairing itself, but just the fact that I don't really see the connection between them like what I see with Sora/Riku and Sora/Kairi (even then Sora and Kairi was really only great in the first game and seemed forced after that). I'd like more interactions between Riku and Kairi to show that they are actually close friends too rather than both being Sora's friend. It really seems like Sora is the main and only reason they're a trio at this point.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
For me, SoKai has always been eyerollworthy, but the idea of RiKai straight up makes me vomit.

furusatoe

The Japanese love dramatic love triangles, don't you know? Just watch any K- or J-drama and you'll see.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The Japanese love dramatic love triangles, don't you know? Just watch any K- or J-drama and you'll see.
love triangles are a staple in like all media.

kh subverts the trend by making the center of it sora, with both a guy and a girl pining for him. bi revolutionary.

furusatoe

love triangles are a staple in like all media.

True; I've just felt they're more noticeable in Japanese/Korean stories. My wife is Japanese and we were talking about this the other day and she said the love triangle trope is a huge driver in the popularity of TV dramas in Japan.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
RiSoKai (or SoRiKai since it sounds better) for life. They both love their boyfriend equally and that's how they bond.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Sometimes when people talk about polyamorous couples, it comes across more as if they're being mocking more than anything.

But if I were to talk about it seriously, I can't see SRK for the same reason I can't see RiKai--Riku and Kairi have almost no connection or interaction with one another. Then there's the fact Kairi attempted to talk Sora into abandoning Riku twice in KH1. I couldn't see it with the other trios either, especially not TAV because Ventus comes across as a 5 year-old and Terra and Aqua are his parents.

Back