• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I want to see a emotionally cripped Sora....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Perez

In Kingdom Hearts III.

It would be the perfect game to explore the character's self-esteem, self-hatred/self-loathing issues, and vulnerability, as well his overwhelm by the daunting task that HE needs to accomplish by himself, for the most part. Think about it, a 15 year old boy who has to save the world once again, who also needs to save the fates of various characters, some which we do not know how they can be or where to reach them in order to do so, but also the fact that ultimately this responsibility is his own. That's extremely overwhelming for someone, let a lone a 15 year old kid. Take into consideration the trauma, torment and abuse the other characters endured, you know, the whole notion of the past coming to haunt him (in regards to TAV trio). Sora has probably to relive their painful moments, and given he's such a sympathetic guy who always want to help people, he'll do so but does he have the thick skin. IMHO, Kingdom Hearts DDD touched upon this very lightly, but I felt it could've covered far more. Give Sora some sort of doubt of becoming a Keyblade Master, give him some worries, anxiety, and make self-conscious about himself. Have him have a sense of hopefulness and that he doesn't deserve the keyblade or something like that. Heck, have him feel like he's responsible for the mess Xehanort caused since day 1. It doesn't have to be angsty or any of that, just moment where we get to see another side of Sora.

I don't want to see a "dark and mature" Sora. Dark does not equate to maturity, but a Sora who becomes more conscious about the events around him. He can still be the cheery, happy go-lucky kid from Destiny Islands but one who is wiser and knows what the hell is going around him.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I would enjoy seeing a more, serious(?) for lack of better word, Sora. COM was one of my favorite games in the series for many reasons and the way they handled characters were one of them. Sora showing sadness, confusion, desperation, indifference, and all around somber attitudes to a lot of what was going on was excellent. He was still cheerful and his goofy self from time to time but he knew when crap got real he'd put his serious face on, speak his mind more, question crap that went around him (I loved his reaction to vixen getting offed by axel. He legit did not understand these people and expressed his frustrations realistically).

Heck even the rest of the cast were more serious with all that was going on, like donald and goofy wanting to sit down and talk about sora's messed memories and how him and repliku had the same memory. they did just blindly keep it moving with smiles, they were convincingly concerned and began to question sora's memory. it was a great way to handle ALL the characters. If they can give Sora that same level of realism again and not make him goofy 24/7 then I will be alright with him for the next installment.

Kevin Perez

I would enjoy seeing a more, serious(?) for lack of better word, Sora. COM was one of my favorite games in the series for many reasons and the way they handled characters were one of them. Sora showing sadness, confusion, desperation, indifference, and all around somber attitudes to a lot of what was going on was excellent. He was still cheerful and his goofy self from time to time but he knew when crap got real he'd put his serious face on, speak his mind more, question crap that went around him (I loved his reaction to vixen getting offed by axel. He legit did not understand these people and expressed his frustrations realistically).

Heck even the rest of the cast were more serious with all that was going on, like donald and goofy wanting to sit down and talk about sora's messed memories and how him and repliku had the same memory. they did just blindly keep it moving with smiles, they were convincingly concerned and began to question sora's memory. it was a great way to handle ALL the characters. If they can give Sora that same level of realism again and not make him goofy 24/7 then I will be alright with him for the next installment.
You're right. Serious was the word I looking for as a substitute for "dark". There's nothing that says he cannot contain both characteristics. As much as I love KH2 and that Sora, he was dumbed down and made to be incredibly naive.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
You're right. Serious was the word I looking for as a substitute for "dark". There's nothing that says he cannot contain both characteristics. As much as I love KH2 and that Sora, he was dumbed down and made to be incredibly naive.

Yeah KH2 Sora was dumbed down a little to hard I'd like a somewhat cheerfuller version of KH:CoM Sora. All in all I think it would be a good idea to have Sora be a little more serious in this final showdown and then as soon as that is over goof around like at the ending of KH:3D.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
In Kingdom Hearts III.

It would be the perfect game to explore the character's self-esteem, self-hatred/self-loathing issues, and vulnerability, as well his overwhelm by the daunting task that HE needs to accomplish by himself, for the most part. Think about it, a 15 year old boy who has to save the world once again, who also needs to save the fates of various characters, some which we do not know how they can be or where to reach them in order to do so, but also the fact that ultimately this responsibility is his own. That's extremely overwhelming for someone, let a lone a 15 year old kid. Take into consideration the trauma, torment and abuse the other characters endured, you know, the whole notion of the past coming to haunt him (in regards to TAV trio). Sora has probably to relive their painful moments, and given he's such a sympathetic guy who always want to help people, he'll do so but does he have the thick skin. IMHO, Kingdom Hearts DDD touched upon this very lightly, but I felt it could've covered far more. Give Sora some sort of doubt of becoming a Keyblade Master, give him some worries, anxiety, and make self-conscious about himself. Have him have a sense of hopefulness and that he doesn't deserve the keyblade or something like that. Heck, have him feel like he's responsible for the mess Xehanort caused since day 1. It doesn't have to be angsty or any of that, just moment where we get to see another side of Sora.

I don't want to see a "dark and mature" Sora. Dark does not equate to maturity, but a Sora who becomes more conscious about the events around him. He can still be the cheery, happy go-lucky kid from Destiny Islands but one who is wiser and knows what the hell is going around him.

What are your thoughts?
Isnt to late for that. Sor alredy beceom so unbleivably nice, and I defintly dont like it. But, it be weird fr him to have doubts and issues all of a suddden. I just leave the serious to Riku and Roxas, who are the more belivable characters

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Isnt to late for that. Sor alredy beceom so unbleivably nice, and I defintly dont like it. But, it be weird fr him to have doubts and issues all of a suddden. I just leave the serious to Riku and Roxas, who are the more belivable characters

I don't think it's too late. In my opinion Sora always had some seriousness to him, it's just been played down a little lately. Also being unbelievably nice doesn't mean you can't be serious at times.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It's a possibility. Some serious sh** could happen in KH3 that could make him stop believing in himself.

If not now then something else in the next saga could happen.

DropDistance

It's a possibility. Some serious sh** could happen in KH3 that could make him stop believing in himself.

If not now then something else in the next saga could happen.
I agree, they should "kill" off Kairi or Riku, not becoming Nobodies, I mean dead, like Eraqus and make them come back at the end of the game. This will make Sora breakdown for sure. I doubt that'll happen but hey, just a thought.

Athel

Machinist
I have the same desire, honestly.

They got close to it in KH3D -- having the villains manipulate Sora to their plans, exploiting his character flaws, and using the very thing that made him unique (connecting his heart with anyone) against him. Then again, it didn't really stick, but that was in part because his weaknesses were also his strengths. But I think you can tell from the ending of KH3D that what happened stuck with him. It might be why he left on his own journey.

I mean, Sora has been through a lot of crap. There's so much you could exploit! How many hearts he's harboring, the idea that, by helping everyone, he'll break down eventually, and much more. I hope that SE is willing to beat him down a little bit, because it will make it even sweeter once he pulls out of it. After all, you need a little tragedy to give the victory more impact. Otherwise, Sora will just seem invincible and bland. In his next adventure, I think it would be the best thing for SE to do.

(But they've made bad decisions with the series before, so anything goes.)

Theta

The same thing came to my mind when I first saw the title. They really have experimented with his character quite a bit. My nostalgia of the first game has a pretty large voice, but I'm nearly certain he wasn't the same happy-go-lucky character without a speck of jealousy. Could you imagine:
Riku: But it all ends here. There can't be two Keyblade masters.
Sora: What are you talking about.
Riku: Let the keyblade chose its true mater
*Keyblade flies from Sora to Riku*
Sora: Whoah!! This is just so cool!
Riku: Huh? haven't we got this backwards?
That's not how Sora's character was written in kh1.

Then there is CoM, but you covered that pretty thoroughly. In kh2 they tried to give him a bit more of an edge so he would be more serious, but the confidence and sarcasm just came off sounding arrogant. That seriousness came from having saved the worlds already, but if his seriousness stemmed from an internal conflict (such as Riku) then I think he could be a much more mature character.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I agree, they should "kill" off Kairi or Riku, not becoming Nobodies, I mean dead, like Eraqus and make them come back at the end of the game. This will make Sora breakdown for sure. I doubt that'll happen but hey, just a thought.

Eraqus isn't dead. He's somewhere in Terra's heart.

Kairi is a special case. She was basically "dead" back in Kingdom Hearts 1 when she gave her heart to Sora. She was a lifeless shell. If she ever loses her heart again she falls into a deep sleep like how Ven currently is.

I think KH3 is where we get our happy ending with everyone alive and together again (Terra, Aqua, Ven; Axel, Roxas, Xion (possibly Isa if he breaks free of Xehanort); etc.).

We probably won't see any more sad happenings until the next saga. Something that will set things into motion for the next story.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Eraqus isn't dead. He's somewhere in Terra's heart.

Kairi is a special case. She was basically "dead" back in Kingdom Hearts 1 when she gave her heart to Sora. She was a lifeless shell. If she ever loses her heart again she falls into a deep sleep like how Ven currently is.

I think KH3 is where we get our happy ending with everyone alive and together again (Terra, Aqua, Ven; Axel, Roxas, Xion (possibly Isa if he breaks free of Xehanort); etc.).

We probably won't see any more sad happenings until the next saga. Something that will set things into motion for the next story.

While I do agree with the notion that we'll probably (and hopefully, for me personally) get a "true" happy ending this time around with none of the main characters still trapped inside someone else, without memories or a shattered heart, that does not rule out more sad and dramatic shit going on before the happy ending mid-to-late game.

There's the old saying that the night is darkest before the dawn, so maybe the stuff we got in DDD was only the prelude to more crap going on in KH III before everyone can finally live (and give us even more desire to finally kick MX out for good).

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
I still don't understand how Eraqus still exists. I'm pretty sure aqua said."I heard the master was taken down". or something along those lines. how do you guy hypotheses that he is still alive??? In my game he disappeared after terra saved ven.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I still don't understand how Eraqus still exists. I'm pretty sure aqua said."I heard the master was taken down". or something along those lines. how do you guy hypotheses that he is still alive??? In my game he disappeared after terra saved ven.

That's the point, Eraqus doesn't exist just like Naminé, Xion and Roxas don't exist right now.
"Not existing" in the KH Universe means that the being in question is not around in a physical form in the Realm of Light or in-between.
Eraqus, Roxas, Naminé and Xion all lost their physical independent form, that counts as "ceasing to exist".

That however does NOT mean the being in question is gone for good as long as their consciousness and heart remain and can be salvaged.
In DDD Ansem the Wise explains to Riku how people that ceased to exist can possibly be restored and one of the main reasons Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku into the Realm of Sleep was in order to learn the power to awaken sleeping hearts (pretty much means the power of revival).

When Eraqus disappeared he "fell" into Terra, in the process doing the same thing Kairi did in KH1 with Sora: He hid his heart inside Terra's heart.
Master Xehanort notices this in the secret ending of Birth by Sleep when he's arguing with Terra.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, as much as I love sora, he needs to be a bit grounded, for lack of a better word. I realize the other characters have been kind of filling in for that, but still.

Edit: maybe that's why we only see him really that way in COM; because everybody else, Riku and the people he's supposed to save, already do that. Maybe his constant upbeat personality is the reason he's the "savior" at least in Nomura's mind.

I mean it does always seem to balance out that way, especially going from Roxas to Sora in KH2, but also from BBS to Re: Coded. Over-the-top dramatic to lighthearted.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'd like to see Sora become a more serious character. I don't hate his "happy go lucky attitude", but sometimes he just comes off as stupid rather than happy. To see him deal with some sort of emotional crisis would be great and let us build on his character

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
After giving it a more little thought, I think KH3 might not be the best place for this kind of character development. After all there will be a lot happening in KH3. So it would probably be better fitted for the next saga. Maybe to build up the premise of said next saga and get the ball rolling. Though maybe it could have hints of the whole thing getting to him in KH3 and have it explored in more detail in the next saga.

PhantomSoD

I don't know if I'd want him to be emotionally crippled, but definitely more serious. One of the best qualities of his character is his ability to keep an upbeat attitude in the face of adversity and its one of the reasons he's able to touch so many other character's hearts(one of the main points in the series). However, I do agree that this quality has been overplayed recently to the point of making him seem like a simple idiot. I think all he needs is just to be more rounded. When stuff gets real, then he can be a little more serious. But definitely don't take away the happy go lucky attitude, that's why people like him to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back