• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IDM/EDM/Electronic Music General~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Because, hey, if rap and metal have their own, why not this? Talk about whatever you want, from ambient to WUBWUBWUB to. . . well, anything. Except Merzbow. fuq dat gui.

Me, I just got Amon Tobin's "new" album, Isam. I have to say, wasn't a fan of him up until now, but uh. . . damn. Dude's pretty cool. I'd have to say he sounds like a more refined Eskmo/Welder, if I had to attach some sort of "he sounds like" to it.

ANYWAYS, post about whatever you're listenin' to/like/dislike/shows/etc, y0.

Macabre

Gold Member
Jake Bowen - Dreamless - YouTube
Jake Bowen - Distortion Corridor - YouTube
Jake Bowen - Zu - YouTube
Jake Bowen - Versa (High Quality) - YouTube

Mellow electronic stuff. Real good. :D

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Arecibo - YouTube
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Euphotic - YouTube

Carbon Based Lifeforms is amazing. A recent discovery for me and I sadly haven't gone through any of their albums yet but I'm going to do that soon with their latest, called Twentythree.

I don't know many other good electronic or ambient artists so recommendations would be nice.

Nov

Awards
Pendulum. :d I love them. Saw them live last summer and the show nearly killed me. One of the best that I've ever been to. After that experience it's interesting to see how the DJ set plays out as I'm seeing that in November. Anyway, I like every album that they've made but somehow like their debut Hold Your Colour the most.

Mm, not the biggest fan of electronic music but some other bands or artists which could be tagged under electronic that I like are IAMX and Friendly Fires (perhaps a bit more indietronica). I also like to listen to The Qemists and The Prodigy sometimes~ :3

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I admit not really the biggest fan of electronic music, but I do like Eleven Eleven and Crystal Castles quite a bit. Not sure what it is, but those two groups spark something in me. Haven't decided what that is exactly.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I gotta say the main people I listen tot he most in EDM are Daft Punk, Skrillex, Justice, and deadmau5.

Nov

Awards
I've been trying to find out the awesomeness of dubstep lately now that everyone babbles about it and I must say that I like stuff from Rusko and Skream. I'm not so sure about Skrillex yet. I also like Knife Party which is a side project of Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen from Pendulum though I guess they aren't really dubstep. In any case, they don't have that much material out yet but I like their sound. Their song Internet Friends is pretty cool.

I also realized that I freaking love drum and bass even though the genre is quite a new acquaintance for me. I've been listening to Sub Focus the whole day and I've liked pretty much everything that I've heard (especially songs like Timewarp and Rock It are awesome~). I've also been listening to Noisia and London Elektricity a bit but Sub Focus has totally caught my attention now. And now that I've listened to The Qemists more, I must say that I've fallen in love with them.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
[video=youtube;MRmZ4NoJOz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRmZ4NoJOz8[/video]
[video=youtube;XUyscDT-n-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUyscDT-n-Y[/video]

Have some legit dubstep, and not the stereotypical "brostep", as it's come to being called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back