• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ienzo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

why is he young

• nobodies age

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • he los his heart later when he was older

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • numora is messing with us

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zed-Omega

Perhaps We been looking at this from the wrong angle, Maybe Zexion is younger than we though. We know he is the youngest minus Roxas, Perhaps he's only Mid Teens, 16 seems quite likely, however if they did only have a year then that is still not enough time. It's a enigma, that's what it.

T

The Spoiler

There's always the possibility that he's using his illusions to make himself look younger as Ienzo, or older as Zexion.
I hate when people say that. It is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If Nomura wanted him to look older, he would just make him look a little older in BbS, not make him young and say, "he uses his illusions to look older". Thats pointless.

Obviously, Nomura changed his mind, and Nobodies can age.
Maybe they still grow, but what he meant is they dont age as in they dont die of old age, they live forever...

Last edited:

Sorakun12

Ienzo and Zexion have only one year difference,

so why does ienzo look like he's even younger despite nomura saying nobodies dont age?

Is it possible that the darkness can be used as a way to change a person's looks?

Look at Ansem the Wise. When he returned to the Realm of Light as DiZ, he was different then what he became in The World that Never Was. He has facial hair when he removes the bandages, which spurts a bit of dark "smoke", being the best way to put it. However, when he still wore the bandages, you could see no trace of the blond hair, even around the uncovered mouth section. His voice also seemed different, for even Mickey, who had met Ansem before, couldn't figure it out until near the very end.

When Ienzo became a Nobody, he could have used the darkness he was enveloped in to create an illusion around him, giving him a older persona in Chain of Memories, looking even older than Roxas

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Is it possible that the darkness can be used as a way to change a person's looks?
Well it does change eye and skin color, but nothing indicates it can effect one's age.
Look at Ansem the Wise. When he returned to the Realm of Light as DiZ, he was different then what he became in The World that Never Was. He has facial hair when he removes the bandages, which spurts a bit of dark "smoke", being the best way to put it. However, when he still wore the bandages, you could see no trace of the blond hair, even around the uncovered mouth section.
Those bandages protected Ansem much like the Organization's cloaks from the darkness. This would allow him to use corridors of darkness without negatively effecting himself. As you noted once the bandaged faded away he turned back into his old self.
His voice also seemed different, for even Mickey, who had met Ansem before, couldn't figure it out until near the very end.
Well if you think about it, he only met him once. He came to Ansem for advice and they talked for a bit before Mickey left. It's not like he got to know him very well. Mickey isn't know for his amazing memory as well.
When Ienzo became a Nobody, he could have used the darkness he was enveloped in to create an illusion around him, giving him a older persona in Chain of Memories, looking even older than Roxas
Well darkness destroys nobodies so it's unlikely that Zexion would be able to use darkness without negative effects.

493pokemon1

Florida,USA, North America,Earth, Solar System, Mi
The apprentices outside Xehanort, didn't become nobodies until much later (though I think Braig and Ienzo may have stayed their human forms a lot longer than the others [which would explain the aging]... This makes me think that two of the five of them hung around Xehanort's Heartless for ten years before losing their hearts... But I'm not sure...

Yeah well Braig was the second one to go, from my point of view their number in the ORG is the order they went nobodies... am I wrong?

EDIT: YAY post 493!!!

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Maybe they still grow, but what he meant is they dont age as in they dont die of old age, they live forever...

Maybe by "Nobodies don't age," he meant "Nobodies don't age mentally" rather than "Nobodies don't age physically," and didn't bother to explain the difference so we'd think Xehanort was thirty when he lost his heart and not be able to pin his identity down based on age?

I mean, even leaving Ienzo aside, there's plenty of other hints from various sources that Nobodies physically age. Axel said that Roxas seemed "about ten years younger" than him in one of the novelizations, for instance, even though Lea looked like he was Roxas' age and Axel couldn't have been turned less than one year before Days.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Yeah well Braig was the second one to go, from my point of view their number in the ORG is the order they went nobodies... am I wrong?

It's more like the order in which they joined the organization... Do we have any definite proof that the organization 13 collaborated 10 years prior to KH1.

And take Dilan for example, it's possible that he could have lost his heart and became a nobody long before joining the organization.

Not saying it as fact, but it would seem as though somethings are different now that BBS has been released...

Sorakun12

Well it does change eye and skin color, but nothing indicates it can effect one's age.

Those bandages protected Ansem much like the Organization's cloaks from the darkness. This would allow him to use corridors of darkness without negatively effecting himself. As you noted once the bandaged faded away he turned back into his old self.

Well if you think about it, he only met him once. He came to Ansem for advice and they talked for a bit before Mickey left. It's not like he got to know him very well. Mickey isn't know for his amazing memory as well.

Well darkness destroys nobodies so it's unlikely that Zexion would be able to use darkness without negative effects.

I never said he used the darkness to age himself. What I meant was that could he have used the darkness to make himself look older. He would still be at whatever age he was when he lost his heart.

If the bandages served just that reason, to use the CoD without harm, he would have just used a Organization cloak from Castle Oblivion, like Riku and Mickey. And that still doesn't explain why the part of his face that was exposed looked different than when he removed the bandages. He didn't want people to know who he was until he saw it fit to reveal himself, so the bandages, along with the darkness, allowed him to change the way he appeared.

The way Ansem and Mickey acted, it doesn't appear that Mickey only came for advice, and only on one occasion. They seemed like very old friends, not in the sense of a deep bond, but that they had talked more than once.

Like you said above, the cloaks they wore protected themselves from darkness, especially when using the CoD to travel. Who's to say the cloaks didn't protect them from other forms of darkness, aside from when they were killed and faded away. Zexion could have easily changed the way he appeared when wearing one of the cloaks, protecting himself from the darkness.

X-Face

Nobodies don't look exactly the same as their Somebodies; maybe their appearance changes according to their character.
Maybe Ienzo acted quite adult-like when he was 13-14, and when he changed in a Nobody, whose age is fixed, that characteristic made him look older.

SCORCH799

Yeah this is what I'm agreeing on. Like, once he's a nobody, his body will still go through the normal bodily functions to grow (balls drop, puberty, etc), then the body won't go through the normal process of aging, where cells start to die.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
his illusin powers is whta makes him look older

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
his illusin powers is whta makes him look older

I highly doubt it. In BBS, Ienzo was around 10-12 years old. The apprentices didn't give their hearts to Darkness until later on, presumably around 5-6 years. So, Ienzo, around KH2, could be around 16-18 years old. He is the youngest Nobody in the Org., and this would make sense. And, if you believe that Nobodies age, he could be twenty-five around CoM as well.

Sorakun12

I highly doubt it. In BBS, Ienzo was around 10-12 years old. The apprentices didn't give their hearts to Darkness until later on, presumably around 5-6 years. So, Ienzo, around KH2, could be around 16-18 years old. He is the youngest Nobody in the Org., and this would make sense. And, if you believe that Nobodies age, he could be twenty-five around CoM as well.

The Apprentices lost their hearts between 1 - 2 years after BBS. After that, Maleficent came and took over.

And if he would be 16 - 18, he wouldn't be the youngest member. Sora was 14 when he lost his heart, so if the ages remain the same, then Roxas would only be between 14 - 15.

T

The Spoiler

There is no reason Nomura would make Ienzo look younger just so he can say, "he used illusions to look older as a nobody."

Ienzo is young because he is young. Deal with it.

Sora^Fan

Well, BBS happened 10 years before the first KH so he's obviously going to be alot younger and since Nomura stated that Nobodies don't age (Namine would be an exception) I'm going to go with him becoming a Nobody later on.

Awards
I think Zexion looks older because Ienzo probably acted older than his age, and it reflected that in his Nobody. Zexion is obviously very knowledgeable due to his weapon being a Lexicon. And Ienzo did convince Ansem to build the underground lab for research. He's an 8-10 year old kid with the knowledge, attitude, and intellect of someone older, and it shows in Zexion. And I don't think he just "changed his mind", Spoiler.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
BBS takes place 10 years before KH1; so, obviously, he is going to be younger. Maybe not as young as you'd expect him to be (looking like a 10 year old), but that's because he's the youngest of the Organization XIII members.
I thought that Roxas was the youngest. I heard somewhere that he was 18.
I think he was younger because BBS took place before the first game.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
Besides Roxas Zexion is the youngest, BBS is a prequel so its 10 before KH1 and 11 before KH2 so minus like 10 years from his age and he's 8-10 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back