• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm new to Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterade

Alright so i think the final fantasy series looks very intresting. Im a big Kingdomhearts fan. Anyways i was wondering what game i should get first to understand the storyline? I have a gamecube,ps2,xbox 360 and a ds. So what game shud i get to begin the series with?

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
If you can, try to start with FF8 or FF9.

Those are PSX and can be played on PS2.

BTW, the main series has only been on the PSX PS2 and PS3. The CC ones came out on GC?...I think.

You can also try to find FFX and FFX-2 if you can stand FFX-2....And FFXII I guess.

You can also get the remakes of the first FF games ever on the DS if you go to Gamestop and request them to name all the FF on DS.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Those are PSX... on the PSX PS2 and PS3.

What the fcuk is PSX?? Do you mean Playstation?

Well, you don't need to understand the "storyline", none of the actual numbered FF's connect with eachother.

I suggest IV on Gameboy Advance. You could try, VIII and IX too. IX is pretty good, and I've heard the same about VIII. VII according to popular belief, is a necessity. X definitely is though. I really liked XII too. You should prolly try the new one, XIII too. I hear high things of it.

All except for the first and last are one PS2. There first is stated, and XIII is on PS3.

R

Rooster Cogburn

FFVI (GBA), FFVII(PS1), FFIX (PS1)

Those are the best to start with to me.
But if you aren't good a turn based RPG's I suggest you start with IX.
It was the easiest and imo the best.

And every storyline is different in all the main Final Fantasy's.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I started with FFX so I should get that one, it has a good storyline/ First character expressions, so its pretty cool for the PS2. otherwise if you have a 360/PS3 get Final Fantasy 13 or wait until FF14.

αsiя

space coke
Depends on what you have. If you have a PSP/PS1/PS3 then START with FFVII, then move onto FFVIII or FFIX. If you still have a PS2 or a PS3 with BC then FFX. Get started with those, if you become a big fan then try the 2D ones. IMO the first FF is still my favorite FF.

Last edited:

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
You can skip FF11 and FF12 if yo uwant (probably the worst games yet).

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Lets see the FF games I played that I think you might enjoy are

Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2 (How can you not enjoy it? girls in bikinis!).
Final Fantasy 13

zero123

I like XII, i think it's great. Anyways, like other peeps said, the order doesn't matter for the main series.

I recommend one of the following VI, VII, X, XII, and XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back