• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Inside Out 2: Summer 2024

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Them adding a new emotion in the form of anxiety is a bold move, and narratively speaking makes the most sense. Riley is 13 now and most people are often pretty anxious at that age. Though it does concern me that Pixar is making another movie about puberty after Turning Red, hopefully this will be done tactfully.
Few things though,

-If they add anxiety to the lineup, we don't see an anxiety emotion in either of Riley's parents heads. Does this mean that anxiety is something they overcame because their "lead" emotions are anger and sadness respectively as opposed to joys or is it suppressed in both of them.

-I get the construction crew coming in and changing things, great symbolism there, but I would have to wonder what the act of using a chainsaw on the couch had on Riley in a physical sense.

-Will this be another attempt at exploring the, ahem, difficult aspects of puberty, because again, we already did that and in my opinion, the world is worse for it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
-Will this be another attempt at exploring the, ahem, difficult aspects of puberty, because again, we already did that and in my opinion, the world is worse for it.
I disagree, Turning Red was a beautiful movie that handled the cringey nature of young teenage girls well. It also showed the effects of generational trauma in POC communities, which I relate to being one myself and going through similar issues with my own over-protective mother. I think movies dealing with puberty can help break the impression that it’s “embarrassing” to talk about it, especially when it comes to the puberty of young girls and the challenges they go through.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
I’m pretty excited for this movie if I’m being honest. Inside Out was a movie I loved when it first came out, and still love now. It’s also one of the pixar movies that left room for sequels, so them making one isn’t surprising. I’ve seen some people criticizing this movie just for being a sequel or a successful movie, but there’s certainly a lot they could do with this. Also I absolutely love Anxiety already. I just hope Inside Out doesn’t turn into another Pixar movie that’s milked for sequels for years. Looking at you, Toy Story.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I’m pretty excited for this movie if I’m being honest. Inside Out was a movie I loved when it first came out, and still love now. It’s also one of the pixar movies that left room for sequels, so them making one isn’t surprising. I’ve seen some people criticizing this movie just for being a sequel or a successful movie, but there’s certainly a lot they could do with this. Also I absolutely love Anxiety already. I just hope Inside Out doesn’t turn into another Pixar movie that’s milked for sequels for years. Looking at you, Toy Story.
TBH, I can sort of see them wanting to cover Riley's entire lifespan to show how the emotions change & react to every phase of it.

Soldier

Awards
TBH, I can sort of see them wanting to cover Riley's entire lifespan to show how the emotions change & react to every phase of it.
Can't wait for Inside Out 6 when the husband dies and she's slowly losing her memories to senility.
I disagree, Turning Red was a beautiful movie that handled the cringey nature of young teenage girls well. It also showed the effects of generational trauma in POC communities, which I relate to being one myself and going through similar issues with my own over-protective mother. I think movies dealing with puberty can help break the impression that it’s “embarrassing” to talk about it, especially when it comes to the puberty of young girls and the challenges they go through.
I can certainly empathize with some of what you say, but I cannot ever forgive the way, you reject everything else!
(if you get that reference, you're a real one).
Though in all seriousness, I personally think the movie is a bit too on the nose. Like, am I the only one who saw the panda form as a euphemism for more than just a period?

Back