• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is free will possible with an omnipotent and omniscient god?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
The two points you made tie into each other.

If you ask me, I don't think we'll ever really be able to find absolute truths, because there's always of rationalizing the impossible, even if it's ridiculous. So science is imperfect in that regard. But that doesn't mean we should disregard our current findings because they aren't "perfect".

We make predictions using science that come true. We don't have any reason to doubt their authenticity until proof is presented

Right. My point is though that according to Q's perfect+perfect=perfect theory it should'nt even be possible for man to come that close to perfection, he should only be able to predict/make things imperfect. And if they're imperfect and always will be why even try and consider them fact? Since it'll never amount up to the truth.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Right. My point is though that according to Q's perfect+perfect=perfect theory it should'nt even be possible for man to come that close to perfection, he should only be able to predict/make things imperfect. And if they're imperfect and always will be why even try and consider them fact? Since it'll never amount up to the truth.

I don't understand your conclusion. "If perfection can only create perfect things, then it's impossible for imperfection to improve itself". How did you arrive at this?

frisson

Silver Member
Perfection is an idealistic misconception. Like asking a square to be a triangle and yet remain a square. The square will probably not respond as it is inanimate.

Omnipotence and omniscience are similiar. Like it even matters if God doesn't know or cannot do absolutely everything. If another man holds a gun to your face, then you may as well call them "omniscient", as they're just as much in control of your fate as is suggested with this endlessly recycled argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back